Idris Elba Drags Samuel Jackson For Attempting To Divide Black Actors

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
It seems that the c00n angle is something you guy.

tenor.gif

did you all not see the part where i said "are they c00ns? are they not c00ns? etc etc...LET'S DISCUSS"

in otherwords, I'm just trying to get ANY type of dialogue going about the directors that are casting these films

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE AFRICAN AMERICAN DIRECTORS THAT ARE CASTING BRITTISH BLACK ACTORS TO PLAY AMERICAN BLACK CHARACTERS!?! <<<<this question is open for anybody to answer. please feel free to do so.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
tenor.gif

did you all not see the part where i said "are they c00ns? are they not c00ns? etc etc...LET'S DISCUSS"

in otherwords, I'm just trying to get ANY type of dialogue going about the directors that are casting these films

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE AFRICAN AMERICAN DIRECTORS THAT ARE CASTING BRITTISH BLACK ACTORS TO PLAY AMERICAN BLACK ACTORS!?! <<<<this question is open for anybody to answer. please feel free to do so.
That's a shyt and slanted question.

fukk outta here with that trash.

The reason a black director would take on a black british actor is completely different than those by white hollywood. But here is your corny ass UK black arrogance thinking you can speak better about things stateside than those living stateside. :camby:

NYC Rebel

Daps
a slanted question?!?! how is that a slanted question!? :mindblown:
It's slanted because you want to create some sort of shyt c00n metric.

fukk outta here.

You UK dudes are the worst.

I'll repeat:

The reason a black director would take on a black british actor is completely different than those by white hollywood. But here is your corny ass UK black arrogance thinking you can speak better about things stateside than those living stateside. :camby:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
It's slanted because you want to create some sort of shyt c00n metric.

fukk outta here.

You UK dudes are the worst.

I'll repeat:

:mjlol: I'm american you weirdo, just like spike lee and wood harris who agree with my sentiment

you'd have been better off just ignoring the question altogether fam...you're looking crazy right now. go back and re-read your shyt.

NYC Rebel

Daps
:mjlol: I'm american you weirdo, just like spike lee and wood harris who agree with my sentiment

you'd have been better off just ignoring the question altogether fam...you're looking crazy right now. go back and re-read your shyt.
The entire c00n angle is a disqualifier for anyone who uses that crap as a legitimate measure.

fukk outta here.

Jards

All Star
Daps
100^

Not sure if the movie created more cake than his biggest movie (his movies combine for the biggest box office numbers) but you´re right for sure.

What if homie voted Trump..?
:patrice:
Not trying to underplay dude's career because he's a fukking legend but in all his biggest grossing movies he's been the sideman. I think his biggest grossing movie where he's been the lead actor is Snake on a Plane

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
The entire c00n angle is a disqualifier for anyone who uses that crap as a legitimate measure.

fukk outta here.

"should these directors be blamed? are they at fault? are they c00ns? are they not c00ns? etc etc...LET'S DISCUSS" <<< no thinking person would read that and think I have an "angle"

like i said, I don't entertain weirdos and pathological liars on or offline - either you want to engage in this discussion or you don't. :camby:

SagalaMiner

Rookie
Daps
From a money standpoint one could do a Dreamgirls/Boomerang type of movie and cast A-grade talent as extras. Hell if I had the financing I'd attempt a Tyler Perry type movie with foreign accents targeting the same crowd with a new wrinkle. There is that much black talent out now.

The problem is lack of opportunities and the ridiculous mind games. It is hilarious in the US the foreign blacks are the "good" ones, yet in Europe they fawn over African Americans and the Africans are the "bad" ones.

Time to leave them folk n their games behind and use the circumstances to our advantage. Till Tyler Perry ran out of ideas every damn film made cool racks. The "experts" still can't figure out Girls Night Out. There's money out there on the table.

I understand Samuel L. Jackson's pain, but it doesn't help matters that brothers won't support films like Miracle at Santa Anna, or even Red Tails. :yeshrug:

The female actresses ain't complaining about Brits taking their jobs.:mjpls:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I kind of understands but it happens for whites as well alot of Aussie n English actors are stealing American roles but eh not my concern

Seems like the lead for most cw shows nowadays are Aussies or English brehs n brehetres

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:jbhmm: Certainly a black American filmmaker casting a Brit over an American actor for lead roles is SOMETHING right?

Maybe not a "c00n" or sellout, but overlooking your American brothers/sisters in favor of brits? That's the crux of my post you quoted.

Keep in mind I'm of the belief that brits are indeed better actors and clearly black filmmakers making these movies agree - just wondering why people in here are so emotional about this topic but giving THEM a pass.
what if the people he selects are better actors? why does it matter what country they are born in?

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What does UK nomenclature have to do about classical training of americans in the US? Nothing.
Fact is classical training in the US is offered at universities/colleges as well as conservatories.

You say I haven't traveled the world, yet I've specifically listed the countries I've traveled to around the world? Do you have as much travel to different places as I do? Have you been to South Korea or Thailand? Have you traveled to Turkey?

The poor arguments and ignorance coming from some of you posters has me thinking you are either white trolls or really AA hating foreigners, which makes me wonder if you hate AA's so much why even come to a AA dominated message board?
lmao asking someone from uk if they've been to thailand or turkey, most people in uk by age of 25 have been to these places.

Black Lightning

Superstar
Daps
Carmen Ejogo, who played Coretta Scott King in Selma, told BuzzFeed News, “I’ve been trying to convince myself that being British has had no bearing on any of this, but actually I think that’s where it served me well. I’m not as entrenched in the history so immediately. I didn’t know who Coretta was until I played her the first time. And I think I have permission —that’s the definition of the artist, in my opinion —to be a little deviant. It wasn’t as daunting as it might have been for an American actress. An African-American actress … that might have been a bit more of a challenge. :mjpls:”

In a BBC America interview, Oyelowo argued
that having British actors spearhead Selma may have been a wise decision since they don’t have the so-called baggage American actors have when it comes to such a towering historical figure like Dr. Martin Luther Jr. “There’s something to be said for the fact that we are able to come at these films clean,” Oyelowo noted .:mjpls:

And actor David Harewood, who played Martin Luther King Jr. onstage in The Mountaintop,
argued in a piece for the Guardian, responding to Jackson’s criticism, that “[British actors are able] to unshackle ourselves from the burden of racial realities– and simply play what’s on the page.” :mjpls:

Last edited:

NYC Rebel

Daps
UK blacks are the ones who write articles telling AAs to stop appropriating African clothing while using images of Nigerians believing they were AA's to prove their point :mjlol: only to later admitting never stepping foot in the US.

Yall just corny as fukk, always speaking on blacks here while not knowing or willing to learn shyt from those here.

Last edited: