Idris Elba Drags Samuel Jackson For Attempting To Divide Black Actors

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The foreign blacks go to play. shyt on AAs for 20 straight pages, AA responds accuse him of being a cac. Y'all dudes always claim African Americans are the cacs of the African diaspora so shouldn't it be normal that I say things like this
wow you're so insecure, when did anyone claim A were the cacs of the diaspora?

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
when people say classically trained they mean at a drama school, not college lol. a specific drama school outside of college
A quick wikipedia search
classical acting today is available for study in universities, drama conservatories, and acting studios across the world. Schools that are attached to or affiliated with a professional classical theatre company give students exposure and opportunity beyond simply the education.[5] Examples of schools or studios with classical acting programs include --
  • University of London's Drama Conservatoire: This Masters of Acting program draws on theories of Michel Saint-Denis with training of the body, voice, and imagination. There is an emphasis on re-interpretation and re-imagining, with equal parts of art and craft in the education. Classical texts of Greek tragedy and Shakespeare are utilized, as well as modern plays.[6]
  • CNSAD The Conservatoire national supérieur d'art dramatique (English: French National Academy of Dramatic Arts): France's national drama academy located in Paris. It is a higher education institution run by the French Ministry of Culture and, with an acceptance rate of two to three percent and an average graduating class of thirty students, widely considered the most selective acting conservatory in France, is consistently regarded as a top world-class performing arts institute renowned for its excellence in theatre education.
  • The Juilliard School Drama Division in New York: The School has both a B.F.A. and M.F.A. program that emphasizes intuition and spontaneity, as well as discipline, technique, and intellectual development. There is both vocal and physical training, with script and word analysis, style work, and risk taking with imagination.[7]
  • Montreal’s National Theatre School of Canada: This three-year conservatory training program focuses on learning the craft and art of acting through the contemporary theatre, applying techniques of voice, singing, and movement. The School ascribes to the philosophies of Michel Saint-Denis, which includes exploration, writing, studio presentations, imagination, improvisation, "the mask", and audition preparation.[8]
  • The Berg Studios in Los Angeles: The Studios offer a series of classes at various levels to explore classical acting technique and imagination, including developing of a repeatable acting system, script analysis, physical movement, self-discovery through imagination, and illuminating the dialogue through subtext.[9]
  • Andrew Wood Acting Studio in Los Angeles: Andrew Wood Acting Studio offers classes in which students learn an approach to acting taught at the Yale School of Drama.. The approach emphasiszes visceral activation of the actor through deep examination of circumstances and personalization.[10]
  • Yale School of Drama in New Haven, Connecticut: In its M.F.A. program, a strong imagination is encouraged and developed, along with physical and vocal work. Actors are also given extensive production work opportunities, working with director, dramaturgs, and playwrights to create theatre pieces and learn from the collaborative process. Using the body as a source of inspiration and expression of work is a focus of the first year training. Later, text analysis, voice, and speech work are integrated.[11]
  • The Bristol Old Vic Theatre School in Bristol, United Kingdom: Opened in 1946 by Laurence Olivier, this South West England school offers a highly selective B.A. Honors of Professional Acting conservatory program. The first year focuses on voice and body, moving onto public productions, and then to preparation for a professional career.[12] The school also provides short courses for the general public who has had some experience or training in acting and wants to broaden skills; the classical acting classes include learning opportunities in voice, movement, verse speaking, improvisation, and stagecraft.[13]

Why you trying to confuse your english vernacular with reality?
Classical acting training is regimented education in acting, in the US that can happen at conservatories or more likely colleges/universities.
Try to educate yourself before rambling ignorantly.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A quick wikipedia search

Why you trying to confuse your english vernacular with reality?
Classical acting training is regimented education in acting, in the US that can happen at conservatories or more likely colleges/universities.
Try to educate yourself before rambling ignorantly.
do you have trouble with reading, i said when people say classically trained they usually mean drama school not university, im talking about uk people saying it. read slower with your finger underneath the words if you have difficulty comprehending. I also never once said acting schools in usa dont exist

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
do you have trouble with reading, i said when people say classically trained they usually mean drama school not university, im talking about uk people saying it. read slower with your finger underneath the words if you have difficulty comprehending. I also never once said acting schools in usa dont exist
Again showing that lack of reading, when in the post you quote, I directly quote UK classical training centers as an example.
Also no we weren't talking about uk people, me and others in this thread have made it a point to specifically talk about classical training provided in the US.
You are a poor trool.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again showing that lack of reading, when in the post you quote, I directly quote UK classical training centers as an example.
Also no we weren't talking about uk people, me and others in this thread have made it a point to specifically talk about classical training provided in the US.
You are a poor trool.
the word you're searching for is troll not trool,
once again no one said classical training isn't provided in usa, im saying when people in uk say classical training they mean in dedicated drama schools, no one is saying usa doesnt have these.

you haven't travelled the world, i shouldnt even be having conversations with people like you that don't fly across the globe.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
I've been going through these comments and I can't help but wonder why people disagreeing are dodging the elephant in the room

black american filmmakers are casting black brits to play black american characters in these films
(and yes, directors have final say so in who plays what in their films it's ALWAYS been this way)

most recently Barry Jenkins (american) who just won an OSCAR for Moonlight - who cast naome harris (brit) to play the mother and got an OSCAR NOMINATION for this role

moonlightoscarnoms.jpg

:whoa: now pause...here is where it will get difficult:
FOCUS ON THIS.
NOT ME. NOT THE PERSON POINTING THIS OUT.
FOCUS ON THIS DIRECTOR CASTING THIS BRIT FOR THIS ROLE

should these directors be blamed? are they at fault? are they c00ns? are they not c00ns? etc etc...LET'S DISCUSS

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been going through these comments and I can't help but wonder why people disagreeing are dodging the elephant in the room

black american filmmakers are casting black brits to play black american characters in these films
(and yes, directors have final say so in who plays what in their films it's ALWAYS been this way)

most recently Barry Jenkins (american) who just won an OSCAR for Moonlight - who cast naome harris (brit) to play the mother and got an OSCAR NOMINATION for this role

moonlightoscarnoms.jpg

:whoa: now pause...here is where it will get difficult:
FOCUS ON THIS.
NOT ME. NOT THE PERSON POINTING THIS OUT.
FOCUS ON THIS DIRECTOR CASTING THIS BRIT FOR THIS ROLE

should these directors be blamed? are they at fault? are they c00ns? are they not c00ns? etc etc...LET'S DISCUSS
how can you be a c00n for casting a black person?

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
the word you're searching for is troll not trool,
once again no one said classical training isn't provided in usa, im saying when people in uk say classical training they mean in dedicated drama schools, no one is saying usa doesnt have these.

you haven't travelled the world, i shouldnt even be having conversations with people like you that don't fly across the globe.
What does UK nomenclature have to do about classical training of americans in the US? Nothing.
Fact is classical training in the US is offered at universities/colleges as well as conservatories.

You say I haven't traveled the world, yet I've specifically listed the countries I've traveled to around the world? Do you have as much travel to different places as I do? Have you been to South Korea or Thailand? Have you traveled to Turkey?

The poor arguments and ignorance coming from some of you posters has me thinking you are either white trolls or really AA hating foreigners, which makes me wonder if you hate AA's so much why even come to a AA dominated message board?

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
you honestly believe this? i applaud your optimism, and thats not sarcasm. we could be as united as a wall and it wouldnt matter. im not gonna chastise sam for his opinion on this or you for yours, but why is noone coming with the idea to strengthen black actors in the uk? it always some sort of defeated excuse that shyt isnt popping there for black actors, yet more black actors keep coming from england?
Dapped this because I hear you and half-agree, but my main point is actually not race, it´s money.

If we have great performances, white owners/exec producers will see that this equals dollar bills, they want more dollar bills, that equals more roles for black men. Which is why I just always think it´s positive if a black man (US, UK) is working. I get that they working in the US is the issue, but that´s like black Americans being angry at Leandro Barbosa for taking the spot of another black man, because he´s not American but Brazilian (or black men being angry at Big Papi (no homo) for not being American..

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
Beyond this we should have more pride than fighting amongst ourselves over scraps they're trying to feed us. Should be proud of any black man and woman anywhere in the world doing their thing. Even though someone made a joke about this earlier Sam is coming across as a house nikker right now. Feels like he's hating because Get Out has been critically and financially more successful than every movie he's top billed. If the movie made 250k and was 10% on RT he wouldn't have said shyt.
100^

Not sure if the movie created more cake than his biggest movie (his movies combine for the biggest box office numbers) but you´re right for sure.

What if homie voted Trump..?
:patrice:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
how can you be a c00n for casting a black person?

:jbhmm: Certainly a black American filmmaker casting a Brit over an American actor for lead roles is SOMETHING right?

Maybe not a "c00n" or sellout, but overlooking your American brothers/sisters in favor of brits? That's the crux of my post you quoted.

Keep in mind I'm of the belief that brits are indeed better actors and clearly black filmmakers making these movies agree - just wondering why people in here are so emotional about this topic but giving THEM a pass.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
:jbhmm: Certainly a black American filmmaker casting a Brit over an American actor for lead roles is SOMETHING right?

Maybe not a "c00n" or sellout, but overlooking your American brothers/sisters in favor of brits? That's the crux of my post you quoted.

Keep in mind I'm of the belief that brits are indeed better actors and clearly black filmmakers making these movies agree - just wondering why people in here are so emotional about this topic but giving THEM a pass.
It seems that the c00n angle is something you guys continue to go for.

What a black director does and the meaning behind it is completely different than the directives of white Hollywood and how they operate.

What is it about Black UK arrogance that you feel that you can speak for the black experience here with white racism and preference?

By proximity alone, who can better speak on Hollywood and the black experience?

You dudes are lame as fukk and continue to prove your nativity, turning it into c00n wars no one is engaging in.