Idris Elba Drags Samuel Jackson For Attempting To Divide Black Actors

WheatThins

All Star
Daps
so if you saw Spike lee in person you would tell me that he espouses white supremacy rhetoric?.
if his reason was "yeah, he grew up in the same place as shakespeare" then yes fool. im glad you are bowing out bc you are illogical af. like no great actor ever was born outside of shakespeare's zip code or some shyt :mjlol: how do you even think you make logical sense?

growing up next door to a shakespeare library does not make you a better actor. practicing and being an actor does. :facepalm:

my dude prob thinks living next to elon musk makes you the next great car inventor or some shyt :russ:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
:patrice: this is what wood harris said? his words verbatim are they have a "poetry in their life that we don't"

hey, here's his twitter, go ham on him :hubie:
Noble Wood Harris (@WoodHarris) on Twitter
There's a bias Americans have for those who use the queens english.

Read some story of how some British crook used his mannerisms and way of speak to swindle millions our of some rich ny elites.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
but you are telling us to bow to his word or some shyt. nobody give a fukk about that off brand nikka's opinion :mjlol:

nikka. you just argued in this thread, that this scene put spike lee on the map.

i mean your credibility is dog shyt, and you've admitted that you're a struggling/failing filmmaker, don't take that shyt out on us breh

go shoot some dogs and kids playing in the park, work on your craft.

Last edited:

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Who called you a c00n? :heh:

When did you decide to make this about you?

By proximity alone. Black U.K. folks know just as much about white American radium and how it's used than blacks raised here?

The only ability you've displayed is salt.m and butt hurt.

Who said c00n besides you in our discussion?

lol I never even said you called me a c00n. YOU said I'm insecure which I responded to, but now you're asking me "When did you decide to make this about you?" :why:

I ain't salty or butthurt about anything. :manny: it's a discussion/debate or whatever you wanna call it but somehow you got this ability to know how people are feeling lol. :pachaha:

You just arguing for argument sake now.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No they are just petty and dare I say, tribal - nothing wrong with wanting to promote your own actors but you can't dictate how studios cast unless you have some political backing and wealth. Did the same to Thandie Newton - her mom is African. See below.

Unfortunately American actors no matter the color will be replaced by foreigners like Christian Bale. I love Brazilian movies. The actors are often trained in theatre a s well cinema and are good. Not to mention cheaper and wont demand rights. Hollywood execs are growing weary of pesky unionized actors/writers and their strikes and wage demand.

There are others who have taken a similar stance in respects to non-Africans playing the role of Africans in film. Fairly recently, Thandie Newton, who is half English and half Zimbabwean, found herself in the midst of a casting controversy after being selected for the lead role in the film production of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s Half of a Yellow Sun. Many people took issue with Newton not being Igbo enough for the film version of the book, which chronicles the lives of several characters during the course of the Biafran War that took place in Nigeria from 1967 to 1970. There is even a petition to protest the casting, claiming that “Igbo people, like any other people range in physical characteristics as well as complexion. However, the majority of Igbos are dark brown in complexion. Igbo people do not look like the bi-racial Thandie Newton. Newton is an accomplished and talented actress in her own right. However, she is not Igbo, she is not Nigerian, and she does not physically resemble Igbo women in the slightest.”
nah breh, no one is gonna like it when the accent is terrible. why would anyone want to see someone playing a role when the accent is horrendous? thandie newton isn't black so should not have been chosen to play the role in half a yellow sun. the problem wasn't that she was English the problem was she wasn't black. john boyega was also in that movie he is English and no one complained about him because

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
lol I never even said you called me a c00n.

You said "you guys want us so bad to be c00ns.

That wasn't me you were talking to?

:childplease:

You're intellectually dishonest as fukk.

YOU said I'm insecure

You are. You accused me of calling you a c00n. :mjlol:

which I responded to, but now you're asking me "When did you decide to make this about you?" :why:

I ain't salty or butthurt about anything. :manny: it's a discussion/debate or whatever you wanna call it but somehow you got this ability to know how people are feeling lol. :pachaha:

You just arguing for argument sake now.

You going to answer this:

By proximity alone. Black U.K. folks know just as much about white American racism and how it's used than blacks raised here?

Last edited:

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
That's because their population is small, Asians in America are the same way...until they move to California where they're all over the place. Then they start to separate by country (Although they still keep an "Asian" comradery/network going). African immigrants move the same in London and America.
I'm not saying the Black people shouldn't find ways to network across cultural lines, I'm just saying Pan-Africanism is stupid. We see how xenophobic AA can be to other blacks on thecoli, imagine outside of it where people are less "pan-African/woke" or whatever... lol.
AAs are the least xenophobic people in the African diaspora. We are the ones who only see race. Nationality and ethnicity don't mean shyt to us. We been welcoming you ungrateful nikkas in for 100 years. Even in this thread I see more AAs on the black British side than there are defending ourselves.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AAs are the least xenophobic people in the African diaspora. We are the ones who only see race. Nationality and ethnicity don't mean shyt to us. We been welcoming you ungrateful nikkas in for 100 years. Even in this thread I see more AAs on the black British side than there are defending ourselves.

if ever I seen something that looks like the typings of a cac... this gotta be it.
:picard:
:jbhmm:
:patrice:

:scust:
:gucci:
:snoop:

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
if ever I seen something that looks like the typings of a cac... this gotta be it.
:picard:
:jbhmm:
:patrice:

:scust:
:gucci:
:snoop:
The foreign blacks go to play. shyt on AAs for 20 straight pages, AA responds accuse him of being a cac. Y'all dudes always claim African Americans are the cacs of the African diaspora so shouldn't it be normal that I say things like this

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
No they aren't, and thats with regard for all americans, not just black americans.
There are a hundreds and thousands of classically trained actors coming out the US every year, and they have to battle the stigma of being undertrained. This is doubly so for black actors.

I'll give you an example,
Steve Harris - from the Practice (Eugene) and a few Tyler Perry movies is a classically trained actor
his brother
Wood Harris - Avon from the Wire, the uncle from the New Edition movie that people have been shytting on, is a classically trained actor with a Masters degree in the field.
Angela Basset is classically trained from Yale
David Allen Grier classically trained from Yale
Courtney B Vance classically trained from Yale
Keith David - classically trained from Julliard
Viola Davis trained from Julliard
Corey Hawkings - dre in Straight out of compton is julliard trained as well.
Rutina Wesley and Nelsan Ellis - two main blacks in true blood are julliard trained
the first aunt viv is julliard trained as well.

But do you associate the roles they get from being classically trained? No. Why? They don't get the opportunity and they are cast aside as being "black" actors.
Think about this shyt before you just go repeating things.
most of those people you named are seen as amazing actors.. almost half have been up for oscars and or emmys.. a lot of sustained careers over 10-20-30-40 years of solid work

this euro invasion is new.. it wasn't like this in the 90s or even the 00s. so what NEW actors are classically trained, that are getting passed over? shyt corey hawkings just had his own motherfukking show... 24 at that. one of the highest rated franchises in history, which starred a legendary white guy, and he got the role after one breakout performance.

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps

We really grow up not seeing nationality and ethnicity because we're American and it's such a melting pot. Then ppl come over here and first time they tell you 'I'm not Black I'm Dominican' we're looking like :ohhh::francis::gucci:

People will have every nationality and flag listed but soon as we say we're Black American first and that we're getting shytted on by non American Blacks it's a problem and we're being 'divisive.'

And I personally feel like we are our own ethnicity at this point :manny:.

Black Lightning

Superstar
Daps
No they aren't, and thats with regard for all americans, not just black americans.
There are a hundreds and thousands of classically trained actors coming out the US every year, and they have to battle the stigma of being undertrained. This is doubly so for black actors.

I'll give you an example,
Steve Harris - from the Practice (Eugene) and a few Tyler Perry movies is a classically trained actor
his brother
Wood Harris - Avon from the Wire, the uncle from the New Edition movie that people have been shytting on, is a classically trained actor with a Masters degree in the field.
Angela Basset is classically trained from Yale
David Allen Grier classically trained from Yale
Courtney B Vance classically trained from Yale
Keith David - classically trained from Julliard
Viola Davis trained from Julliard
Corey Hawkings - dre in Straight out of compton is julliard trained as well.
Rutina Wesley and Nelsan Ellis - two main blacks in true blood are julliard trained
the first aunt viv is julliard trained as well.

But do you associate the roles they get from being classically trained? No. Why? They don't get the opportunity and they are cast aside as being "black" actors.
Think about this shyt before you just go repeating things.

Brian Tyree Henry(Paper Boi)- Yale School Of Drama
Trai Byers(Empire)- Yale School Of Drama