Idris Elba Drags Samuel Jackson For Attempting To Divide Black Actors

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
stopped reading right here. Dreamgirls is not a comedy.

but let's look at Precious and the top billed BLACK AMERICAN actors
Precious (2009) - IMDb

Monique (comedian)
Gabourey Sidibe (first ever acting role)
Paula Patton (actress)
Mariah Carey (Singer)
Sherri Shephard (comedian)
Lenny Kravitz (Singer)

supports what i said above to the letter. not a comedy either. interesting huh.

tumblr_mv224mHvmk1rhtwg1o1_r1_400.gif
a lot of comedians act...trained to act...as well. not sure why that's being held up as an issue

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
fukk forums. I'm talking offline in real life.
And I'm talking about whites weaponizing non American blacks to slight American blacks. I've had to police numerous cousins who've come here who loved being patted on the head for not being like "those" blacks by White Folks. And they buy into that shyt something serious. . You're moving the goalposts

Moving what goalposts?

Yeah cos your cousins represent all non AAs, right? :comeon:

fukk forums? I'm talking about offline too. By the same token I've got relatives, friends, associates who are part of the Pan African movement and don't have this mentality you speak of. These don't look like c00ns to me:

That's just those on a march. Of course they don't represent everybody, but some of y'all here will look past that and quote some random white identified dikkhead and make blanket statements.

It's almost like some of you want us all to be c00ns so bad. John Boyega is proud of who he is as a British born Nigerian, openly declared his love for black women and even that wasn't enough SMH.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
you do realize that both/all of the film makers you listed are backed by white money though....

1484585734423.gif

a lot of comedians act...trained to act...as well. not sure why that's being held up as an issue

follow the entire discussion, I brought up laurence fishburne playing othello, somebody else brought up other classically trained actors

i pointed out that most black AMERICAN actors aren't "actors" at all - they're comedians, singers/rappers and now reality stars that hollywood casts in films...none of them could do serious theater.

to argue that hollywood is just overflowing with young black american theatrically trained actors is a flat out lie.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Moving what goalposts?

Yeah cos your cousins represent all black folks from the UK, right? :comeon:

fukk forums? I'm talking about offline too. By the same token I've got relatives, friends, associates who are part of the Pan African movement and don't have this mentality you speak of. These don't look like c00ns to me:

That's just those on a march. Of course they don't represent everybody, but some of y'all here will look past that and quote some random white identified dikkhead and make blanket statements.

It's almost like some of you want us all to be c00ns so bad. John Boyega is proud of who he is as a British born Nigerian, openly declared his love for black women and even that wasn't enough SMH.

Who said c00n? :mindblown:

That's your own insecurity. I said naive about white American racism . You turned it into the above.

And I can YouTube my way to prove anything. Who the hell cant post something and say "See!!!" :mjlol:.

You're insecure as fukk.

Last edited:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
I notice you wrote all this but didn't address what I said about you claiming Black american actors are all vine stars and instagrammers while non American Blacks are the big guns :jbhmm: You clearly look down your nose on Black americans

I notice you didn't address not one of my points either. :coffee:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
That's because Wil Smith isn't the best of actors and sounded fugazi as fuk. Did you have a problem with idris british(ness) when he lit up the screen as stronger bell?Anyways I see sam's point he's coming from a narrow point of view of plan old protectionism.

But to try and say because a black is from a different place on earth he isn't suited to play a part is asinine. chitwetel sucked as the lead in 12 years a slave not cuz of his nationality but due to not bein lead material. The gravity of the role swallowed him up. It's like Jamie Foxx sucked in django because he is hit and miss as an actor as with any actor.

Actors act, even if there Is a history of interracial relationships and mixtures in Britain so when a British actor plays a racially charged AA role he has to recall an incident of racism to emote?:why: One could easily emote from recalling the death of a dog, it's called acting. The best ones get away with it quite well
You sound like a fukking idiot, and a hater.

Chiwetel killed that role.

You have terrible taste.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
well first of all the person who cast the brother in GET OUT was jordan peele

6939.jpg

so any criticisms you have about the casting should go to the director.

same for Ava Duverney for casting a brit to play Dr. King, right?

these arguments hold no weight fam, they just don't...black american directors are casting these brits in these types of films over and over again for a legitimate reason

oh no wait...they're c00nS huh :comeon:

:patrice:but i included Dreamgirls in my example. so it's my fault you CHOSE to ignore that part of the example that I put up?

dreamgirls, with a comedian and singers. same tune different beat.

WheatThins

All Star
Daps

act like black people control the film industry brehs

say there arent any talented black men acting any america outside of comedic tokens brehs

you have been an idiot thus far in this thread, and also seemingly obtuse and prejudice against aa's

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
and we're pretending spike didn't address this in 2015? could've sworn there was a thread on here about this -
there is also VIDEO of him saying this too but i don't feel like finding it:

Spike Lee on His New Movie and How Black British Actors “Invaded” Hollywood

And Spike, you welcome the British black invasion?

Lee: Oh yeah, I mean as a director, you don’t care where somebody is from. In cases of some very specific things sometimes you gotta be from that block or that neighborhood, but that’s very rare. You want talented people. It’s evident to me that this “black Brit invasion” is spurred on by the great craft that these actors have. Is it true that you get your training on the stage, right?

Abrahams: Yeah.

Lee: Their training is very proper, whereas some of these other brothers and sisters, you know, they come in here, and they don’t got that training. The training and craft, it’s the same thing and I see it when people come in to audition and stuff, they don’t got it together. And that’s not to say that the entire population of black British … are whatever, but once they’re working, here, then their stuff is tight. The acting game is tight.

giphy.gif

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
but you are proving the point of what samuel is talking about. american black actors are not taken seriously

you think there arent any black men coming out of talented theater programs and acting on broadway/in indie films? you think there are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo little black men who act professionally huh? sounds like you are speaking more to your perception of black americas bc im not getting the logic here, even mathematically, you make no sense. Atleast 10 milli black men america and you are bold enough to say none of them are talented and truly believe/defend it :francis:

american black actors are only comedians guys :mjlol: believe whatever you need to protect wypipo brehs. you are right. there cant possibly be any talented black brehs acting in america :hhh:

have you ever thought that maybe you don't know any AA black men who have serious acting skills bc they are getting passed over for the safer dudes across the pond? dudes who have less of a connection with these stories and are more "press friendly" when talking about these stories and the relation to now? have you ever thought that there actually could be discrimination against AA men in getting these roles about slavery, black politics, etc.

waiting for anyone to say any of these uk brehs could logically and emotionally play a toussaint l'overture or nat turner? uk brehs have single-handedly revive the good ole slave movie genre even though none of their ancestors were ever slaves, thats a joke :russ:

Dap + rep

nikkas in here really trying to say that Sam is tripping meanwhile they're accidentally proving his point :mjlol:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
dreamgirls, with a comedian and singers. same tune different beat.

again - my point was that most black american "actors" aren't actors at all, I'm using examples to help support my argument.

feel free to come with your own examples to negate my argument.

act like black people control the film industry brehs

directors always have the final say so in the casting of a film. especially the lead.

WheatThins

All Star
Daps
and we're pretending spike didn't address this in 2015? could've sworn there was a thread on here about this -
there is also VIDEO of him saying this too but i don't feel like finding it:

Spike Lee on His New Movie and How Black British Actors “Invaded” Hollywood

And Spike, you welcome the British black invasion?

Lee: Oh yeah, I mean as a director, you don’t care where somebody is from. In cases of some very specific things sometimes you gotta be from that block or that neighborhood, but that’s very rare. You want talented people. It’s evident to me that this “black Brit invasion” is spurred on by the great craft that these actors have. Is it true that you get your training on the stage, right?

Abrahams: Yeah.

Lee: Their training is very proper, whereas some of these other brothers and sisters, you know, they come in here, and they don’t got that training. The training and craft, it’s the same thing and I see it when people come in to audition and stuff, they don’t got it together. And that’s not to say that the entire population of black British … are whatever, but once they’re working, here, then their stuff is tight. The acting game is tight.

giphy.gif

post one opinion and think it negates the whole state of an industry from a black perspective brehs...

act like spike's opinion matters but samuel l's doesnt when samuel l is the reason spike is what he is today brehs...

directors always have the final say so in the casting of a film. especially the lead.
you clearly have never worked on any film or media outlet before in your naive life

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Who said c00n? :mindblown:

That's your own insecurity. I said naive about white American racism . You turned it into the above.

And I can YouTube my way to prove anything. Who the hell canny post something and say "See!!!" :mjlol:.

You're insecure as fukk.

Nope, I'm not "insecure as fukk" about anything at all dude. Your ill informed cousins are, just like ill informed AAs who shyt on Nigerians and other non AAs. I know who I am. You don't know me, just like how you don't know a fraction of the black UK population to come to the conclusion you have.