Idris Elba Drags Samuel Jackson For Attempting To Divide Black Actors

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
There are trained Black american theatre actors LORDT you should really just admit you think non-American blacks are better than American blacks and go :scust:

Your argument literally boils down to them being better than us.
Idris accent was HORRIBLE on beast of no nation.

For the life of me I didn't get what the hoopla was over his acting in that role

parallax

Superstar
Daps
:patrice: you didn't really negate the point I was making. you'll name a few actors and then pretend that 90% of the black AMERICAN actors working now aren't comedians, reality tv stars, singers and rappers...

i'm wrong? count the theatrically trained actors :coffee::

almostchristas.jpg

think-like-a-man-too-1.jpg

054209-dreamworks-dreamgirls-cast-a.jpg

now when we start talking about Idris, Chewitel, Thandie Newton, David Oyewelo etc etc etc...all they do is ACT. period.

chiwetel said in an interview once that acting is literally all he knows how to do well...

so again, british actors are bred to be better and more well rounded actors

...are you seriously picking comedies as a note of black american talent? some of you are really about that shyt.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Idris accent was HORRIBLE on beast of no nation.

For the life of me I didn't get what the hoopla was over his acting in that role
His accent was terrible in The Wire as well, he would slip in and out.
Whats crazy is how people talk about the brits on that show and ignore than Wood Harris, Avon, had the classical background just like Elba. Lance Reddikk was a Yale Drama school graduate. Reg E. Cathey aka Norm Wilson on the Wire was a Yale drama school graduate, Frankie Faison aka Ervin Burrell on the wire, undergrad in Drama and a graduate from NYU in acting. Isiah Whitlock Jr aka Clay Davis, a graduate of American Conservatory Theater, Jamie Hector aka Marlo a graduate of the The Lee Strasberg Theater and Film Institute.

These people ignore what is right in their face, and like we've said it seems to come from this deeply held beleif that black americans are inferior.

WheatThins

All Star
Daps
now when we start talking about Idris, Chewitel, Thandie Newton, David Oyewelo etc etc etc...all they do is ACT. period.

chiwetel said in an interview once that acting is literally all he knows how to do well...

so again, british actors are bred to be better and more well rounded actors
but you are proving the point of what samuel is talking about. american black actors are not taken seriously

you think there arent any black men coming out of talented theater programs and acting on broadway/in indie films? you think there are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo little black men who act professionally huh? sounds like you are speaking more to your perception of black americas bc im not getting the logic here, even mathematically, you make no sense. Atleast 10 milli black men america and you are bold enough to say none of them are talented and truly believe/defend it :francis:

american black actors are only comedians guys :mjlol: believe whatever you need to protect wypipo brehs. you are right. there cant possibly be any talented black brehs acting in america :hhh:

have you ever thought that maybe you don't know any AA black men who have serious acting skills bc they are getting passed over for the safer dudes across the pond? dudes who have less of a connection with these stories and are more "press friendly" when talking about these stories and the relation to now? have you ever thought that there actually could be discrimination against AA men in getting these roles about slavery, black politics, etc.

waiting for anyone to say any of these uk brehs could logically and emotionally play a toussaint l'overture or nat turner? uk brehs have single-handedly revive the good ole slave movie genre even though none of their ancestors were ever slaves, thats a joke :russ:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Except I literally negated the point you were trying to make. Matter of fact your point is so terrible, you pick comedies a

stopped reading right here. Dreamgirls is not a comedy.

but let's look at Precious and the top billed BLACK AMERICAN actors
Precious (2009) - IMDb

Monique (comedian)
Gabourey Sidibe (first ever acting role)
Paula Patton (actress)
Mariah Carey (Singer)
Sherri Shephard (comedian)
Lenny Kravitz (Singer)

supports what i said above to the letter. not a comedy either. interesting huh.

tumblr_mv224mHvmk1rhtwg1o1_r1_400.gif

WheatThins

All Star
Daps

Precious (2009) - IMDb

Monique (comedian)
Paula Patton (actress)
Mariah Carey (Singer)
Lenny Kravitz (Singer)

blame black people for the way white people choose to cast brehs :mjlol:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
but you are proving the point of what samuel is talking about. american black actors are not taken seriously

you think there arent any black men coming out of talented theater programs and acting on broadway/in indie films? you think there are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo little black men who act professionally huh? sounds like you are speaking more to your perception of black americas bc im not getting the logic here, even mathematically, you make no sense. Atleast 10 milli black men america and you are bold enough to say none of them are talented and truly believe/defend it :francis:

american black actors are only comedians guys :mjlol: believe whatever you need to protect wypipo brehs. you are right. there cant possibly be any talented black brehs acting in america :hhh:

have you ever thought that maybe you don't know any AA black men who have serious acting skills bc they are getting passed over for the safer dudes across the pond? dudes who have less of a connection with these stories and are more "press friendly" when talking about these stories and the relation to now? have you ever thought that there actually could be discrimination against AA men in getting these roles about slavery, black politics, etc.

waiting for anyone to say any of these uk brehs could logically and emotionally play a toussaint l'overture or nat turner? uk brehs have single-handedly revive the good ole slave movie genre even though none of their ancestors were ever slaves, thats a joke :russ:

well first of all the person who cast the brother in GET OUT was jordan peele

6939.jpg

so any criticisms you have about the casting should go to the director.

same for Ava Duverney for casting a brit to play Dr. King, right?

these arguments hold no weight fam, they just don't...black american directors are casting these brits in these types of films over and over again for a legitimate reason

oh no wait...they're c00nS huh :comeon:

dont act like you didnt load that post with think like a man and this chrismas as a means to discredit american actors. im not shocked though

:patrice:but i included Dreamgirls in my example. so it's my fault you CHOSE to ignore that part of the example that I put up?

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps

Precious (2009) - IMDb

Monique (comedian)
Paula Patton (actress)
Mariah Carey (Singer)
Lenny Kravitz (Singer)

You look at one field and then kill your own contention. SMH
That said all these part time actors still made enough to get Academy Award nominations and some wins, on top of BAFTA, UK recognition for their work. Monique won best supporting actress at the BAFTA as well as the Oscar and SAG award for the same category. Monique won best actress from the London's film critic circle. Gabourey Sidbe was nominated for her performance by the Academy Awards and BAFTA. So even your critique doesn't hold up well.

So you tell me again why is it your ignore the classically trained american actors again?

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
You look at one field and then kill your own contention. SMH
That said all these part time actors still made enough to get Academy Award nominations and some wins, on top of BAFTA, UK recognition for their work. Monique won best supporting actress at the BAFTA as well as the Oscar and SAG award for the same category. Monique won best actress from the London's film critic circle. Gabourey Sidbe was nominated for her performance by the Academy Awards and BAFTA. So even your critique doesn't hold up well.

So you tell me again why is it your ignore the classically trained american actors again?

1155.gif

why did lee daniels? why didn't he use them?

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
If that's the case, no one can speak on anyone.

I chalk this up you simply not wanting to hear it.

I've been around enough U.K. Blacks to be like :scust: at their nativity regarding US white racism. But here you are acting like folks a pond away are on it just as much.

:camby:

I'm not defending this guy you're quoting by any means cos dude is just weird, however I don't know who you've been talking to but you just have to look at this forum to see there's a lot of ignorance directed at black people from the UK. Just above I see a post saying none of our ancestors were slaves. That's one example of the many ignorant statements I've seen about us, but if we defend ourselves against this kind of ignorance we're being "weaponized"?

The one thing that baffles me is that one the hand we get accused of trying to imitate AAs, calling AA heroes OUR heroes (i.e. Malcolm X) etc then on the other hand we get accused of being "weaponized" to attack black folks....so which is it?

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I'm not defending this guy you're quoting by any means cos dude is just weird, however I don't know who you've been talking to but you just have to look at this forum to see there's a lot of ignorance directed at black people from the UK. Just above I see a post saying none of our ancestors were slaves. That's one example of the many ignorant statements I've seen about us, but if we defend ourselves against this kind of ignorance we're being "weaponized"?

The one thing that baffles me is that one the hand we get accused of trying to imitate AAs, calling AA heroes OUR heroes (i.e. Malcolm X) etc then on the other hand we get accused of being "weaponized" to attack black folks....so which is it?
fukk forums. I'm talking offline in real life.
And I'm talking about whites weaponizing non American blacks to slight American blacks. I've had to police numerous cousins who've come here who loved being patted on the head for not being like "those" blacks by White Folks. And they buy into that shyt something serious. . You're moving the goalposts

WheatThins

All Star
Daps
well first of all the person who cast the brother in GET OUT was jordan peele

6939.jpg

so any criticisms you have about the casting should go to the director.

same for Ava Duverney for casting a brit to play Dr. King, right?

these arguments hold no weight fam, they just don't...black american directors are casting these brits in these types of films over and over again for a legitimate reason

oh no wait...they're c00nS huh :comeon:

:patrice:but i included Dreamgirls in my example. so it's my fault you CHOSE to ignore that part of the example that I put up?
you do realize that both/all of the film makers you listed are backed by white money though.... right? and are therefore bound to white decision makers right? :mjlol: think "get out" was a black film just bc it had black people in it brehs.

i chose to ignore your dreamgirls portion of your post just like you willfully state that there arent any talented black actors who arent comedians while steadily asserting it as truth which clearly can not even be statistically true:gucci: