Idris Elba Drags Samuel Jackson For Attempting To Divide Black Actors

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
how many times have you been to the uk? and what countries in the UK have you been to?
What is the value of asking me this if I didn't speak as if I know the behavior of U.K. White racism? :mindblown:

You're not from here. Instead of learning from us here on their behavior, you want to act like U.K. Blacks are just as much in the know of white American racism as blacks living here.

:camby:

Last edited:

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What is the value of asking me this if I didn't speak as if I know the behavior of U.K. White racism? :mindblown:

You're not from here. Instead of learning from us here on their behavior, you want to act like U.K. Blacks are just as much in the know of white American racism as blacks living here.

thats not what I said, and ive probably been an American citizen longer than you've been alive.
what im asking is how you've come to this conclusion? have you spent time in uk to gather this opinion? or did you just make it up in your mind?

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol...tell that to all the african tribes warring due to being different ethnicities.

black is only equal to outsiders, ie we're all ******s to the white man, the same way most black (americans) don't care if you're italian, welsh, danish, or german - you're a cac. there's a clear divide between AA's, west indians, and africans that is perpetuated between the groups. it doesn't affect everyone 1:1 and the groups can get along just fine, but to act like i haven't sat with naija and west indian friends and heard about how aa's are viewed by their community...it's naive to keep acting like black is black, but maybe that's how yall get down in the UK due to most blacks there being mixed or being able to trace their african heritage back to a parent or grandparent.
most black people in uk are not mixed, especially when compared to usa. what made you think that? for most part mixed people are not even considered black in uk to the point they have there own racial census on forms once again unlike usa.

NYC Rebel

Daps
thats not what I said, and ive probably been an American citizen longer than you've been alive.
what im asking is how you've come to this conclusion? have you spent time in uk to gather this opinion? or did you just make it up in your mind?
But you haven't.

I'm over 40 years old. Stop it and stop acting like

1. I don't have fam all up in the U.K. (Family is Nigerian)
2. That you can make up this lie that U.K. Blacks can speak on American white racism.

It wasn't about YOU. Most UK blacks know little about the levels of white American racism and how they and foreign blacks are weaponized to attack blacks here.

Exactly what are you debating besides thinking your life represents most U.K. Blacks?

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Laurence Fishbourne is a respect stage actor as well, having earned a Tony award for his stage work.
Denzel Washington also earned Tony for his work on stage, classically trained at Fordham.
You put down the cast of Empire, yet
Taraji P Henson is classically trained from Howard University
Trai Byers is classically trained from Yale
Grace Byers is classically trained in theater, from USF and got a masters from UC, Irvine

Its so strange how some of you want to go out of your way to put down black american actors as if there isn't a vast base of classically trained actors in this country looking for opportunity. LIke the UK is the only place capable of training actors.

:patrice: you didn't really negate the point I was making. you'll name a few actors and then pretend that 90% of the black AMERICAN actors working now aren't comedians, reality tv stars, singers and rappers...

i'm wrong? count the theatrically trained actors :coffee::

almostchristas.jpg

think-like-a-man-too-1.jpg

054209-dreamworks-dreamgirls-cast-a.jpg

now when we start talking about Idris, Chewitel, Thandie Newton, David Oyewelo etc etc etc...all they do is ACT. period.

chiwetel said in an interview once that acting is literally all he knows how to do well...

so again, british actors are bred to be better and more well rounded actors

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But you haven't.

I'm over 40 years old. Stop it and stop acting like

1. I don't have fam all up in the U.K. (Family is Nigerian)
2. That you can make up this lie that U.K. Blacks can speak on American white racism.

It wasn't about YOU. Most UK blacks know little about the levels of white American racism and how they and foreign blacks are weaponized to attack blacks here.

Exactly what are you debating besides thinking your life represents most U.K. Blacks?

when did I say blacks can speak on American white racism, the question I posed to you is how do you know that black English people don't know about white racism in America. I'm seriously questioning if you find it difficult to read. If so please let me know so I can double space my letters and increase the font size if that helps you to read my posts?

how would you know what most uk blacks think? are you basing most uk blacks on your family? wouldn't you have needed to been in uk for some period of time to come to that conclusion. theres 4 countries in the uk so you know what most blacks think in all 4 countries? what census did you read these stats in?

NYC Rebel

Daps
when did I say blacks can speak on American white racism, the question I posed to you is how do you know that black English people don't know about white racism in America. I'm seriously questioning if you find it difficult to read. If so please let me know so I can double space my letters and increase the font size if that helps you to read my posts?

how would you know what most uk blacks think? are you basing most uk blacks on your family? wouldn't you have needed to been in uk for some period of time to come to that conclusion. theres 4 countries in the uk so you know what most blacks think in all 4 countries? what census did you read these stats in?

If that's the case, no one can speak on anyone.

I chalk this up you simply not wanting to hear it.

I've been around enough U.K. Blacks to be like :scust: at their nativity regarding US white racism. But here you are acting like folks a pond away are on it just as much.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If that's the case, no one can speak on anyone.

I chalk this up you simply not wanting to hear it.

I've been around enough U.K. Blacks to be like :scust: at their nativity regarding US white racism. But here you are acting like folks a pond away are on it just as much.

lol so you've been with enough uk blacks to then make a judgment on the entire population of uk? what country in the uk were these black people from lol. maybe the people you're around are just idiots? maybe you attract idiots?

NYC Rebel

Daps
lol so you've been with enough uk blacks to then make a judgment on the entire population of uk? what country in the uk were these black people from lol. maybe the people you're around are just idiots? maybe you attract idiots?
You believe U.K. Blacks can speak equally to white American racism compared to blacks who live here and experience it? :shaq2:

Last edited:

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
hold up and stop to think for a second:

THE PEOPLE WHO ARE ACTUALLY *** DOING *** WHAT YOU ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT ARE BLACK. AMERICAN. FILMMAKERS.

i'll say it again to drive the point home.

THE PEOPLE....WHO ARE ACTUALLY *** DOING ** WHAT YOU ARE UPSET ABOUT. ARE BLACK. AMERICAN. FILMMAKERS.

we're just muthafukkas with opinions on a message board. we have absolutely no bearing on the outcome of this argumen

Spike Lee
Tyler Perry
Ava Duvernay
John Singleton

^^^ have all cast brits as the lead in their films to play U.S. characters.

you mean to tell me that this doesn't mean shyt!?!? your argument is STILL valid after THIS?!?!?!
:mindblown:

and more importantly, why are you a woman with a fictional male characters name on here

that would be like me as a grown ass black man with the screen name "cookie lyons"

I notice you wrote all this but didn't address what I said about you claiming Black american actors are all vine stars and instagrammers while non American Blacks are the big guns :jbhmm: You clearly look down your nose on Black americans

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
this isn't your opinion, it's a fact.

black people think doing church plays or "Fences" 100 times in college is the same as being a trained theater actor and it's not

laurence fishburne played the FILM version of othello - you think those young dudes on EMPIRE can do that? :stopitslime:

in fact, they probably think it's unnecessary seeing as they are working actors getting paid millions of dollars, and they're not wrong :hubie:

but when film studios are ready to do meaningful serious projects, they ain't calling these 1 dimensional non- acting ass nikkas

There are trained Black american theatre actors LORDT you should really just admit you think non-American blacks are better than American blacks and go :scust:

Your argument literally boils down to them being better than us.

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
lol...tell that to all the african tribes warring due to being different ethnicities.

black is only equal to outsiders, ie we're all ******s to the white man, the same way most black (americans) don't care if you're italian, welsh, danish, or german - you're a cac. there's a clear divide between AA's, west indians, and africans that is perpetuated between the groups. it doesn't affect everyone 1:1 and the groups can get along just fine, but to act like i haven't sat with naija and west indian friends and heard about how aa's are viewed by their community...it's naive to keep acting like black is black, but maybe that's how yall get down in the UK due to most blacks there being mixed or being able to trace their african heritage back to a parent or grandparent.

:salute:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
:patrice: you didn't really negate the point I was making. you'll name a few actors and then pretend that 90% of the black AMERICAN actors working now aren't comedians, reality tv stars, singers and rappers...

i'm wrong? count the theatrically trained actors :coffee::

almostchristas.jpg

think-like-a-man-too-1.jpg

054209-dreamworks-dreamgirls-cast-a.jpg

now when we start talking about Idris, Chewitel, Thandie Newton, David Oyewelo etc etc etc...all they do is ACT. period.

chiwetel said in an interview once that acting is literally all he knows how to do well...

so again, british actors are bred to be better and more well rounded actors

Except I literally negated the point you were trying to make. Matter of fact your point is so terrible, you pick comedies as if that is the totality of black actors and film, to try to save face and ignore that comediens and non-traditional actors typically make the bulk of comedies in the US and the UK. I'll posit you Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant, Rowan Atkinson, Nick Frost. You don't present them as representative of UK actors, but you do this for black americans with comediens, even if in the case of Jamie Foxx they are actually great actors as well.

It shows your underlying bias about black americans.

You pick a few Idris, Chewitel, Thanie, Oyewelo, and I've done more than list a few of american classically trained actors, in which all they do is act. You ignore this.

Just admit you have a negative view of black americans and black american actors, that exists opposite of reality