Idris Elba Drags Samuel Jackson For Attempting To Divide Black Actors

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
yeah, you kind of have to live somewhere to speak on it. problem a lot of americans do because most of you don't own passports, is watch the news and read the media and then think you're informed. black brits are not like black americans, and this is why I say you need to live in England, most black americans have 100's of years of foundation in usa. black English people do not, and to top that of black people in uk are fragmented, some originate from Jamaica, some from Barbados, some from brasil, some from Nigeria etc, so there isn't one big umbrella like there is in usa. people are distributing on the net right now, even to Netflix, but to hit big you need global theatre launches and no uk distribution is investing in black people
You asked me where I've been I told you. I've also been to Turkey, S. Korea, and Thailand. Have you? Why do you feel the need to insult americans and myself instead of simply addressing what I've asked you.

Why do I need to live in the UK when you all have said and published how you feel? Black brit actors have openly talked about the lack of work in the UK. Black brits have openly talked about poor representation on British media. I'm not making this up. I have never said black brits are identical to americans by the way It seems you are content to be a begger for roles instead of building an infrastructure or trying to push for a building of infrastructure for the production of black brit owned and directed media.

If that is the case beggars can't be choosers, be glad what scraps you get by the UK media and don't get mad when black americans see you don't even want to try to do for self and say we aren't going to work and sacrfice for your benefit and eventually cut you off.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Concentrating on the actors themselves is the wrong tact IMO. Actors are just trying to work and get the best roles possible. I think what Sam is talking about is that their is an unfair perception Brit actors are better and have an unfair advantage. When he thinks they aren't, speaking generally of course. He is in the industry and definitely knows better than me. From the outside looking in I don't think foreign actors are better either, Idris Elba is great but so is Chadwick Boseman. I don't have a problem with Brits playing Americans but if that's an unfair trend talk about it with those who can actually do something about it. Just putting it out there is kinda dangerous, look at all the foreign vs domestic Black man talk this topic is bringing about. It's really not cool, we need to at least project unity IMO.
Word. These AA Vs other blacks topics are lame

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
So Black Brits/Africans shouldn't look for work.
You're going to answer this bullshyt assertion YOU created rather than address what I posted, right? :heh:

No one said that. Your self made point is pure trash.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Apparently you can or you can get an exemption under the British acting guild if they can bring Brits over at a lower price than SAG American scale.
Pure economics.

This is similar to black Americans in baseball. When scouts saw they can find cheaper alternatives in the Caribbean, while avoiding all of the rules tied to signing American players, they moved on from African American players to the DR and other places.
We are seeing the same thing with black British actors

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Pure economics.

This is similar to black Americans in baseball. When scouts saw they can find cheaper alternatives in the Caribbean, while avoiding all of the rules tied to signing American players, they moved on from African American players to the DR and other places.
We are seeing the same thing with black British actors
Really wish they would just admit this than shytting on American actors as being undertrained and not capable. Its an insult to intelligence. Like Yale and Juliard don't produce classes of actors every year that are classically trained, not to mention the non Ivy League or hyper prestigious universities with strong theater/acting departments.
Its only natural that black american actors feel the brunt of this seeing their place in the system.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Really wish they would just admit this than shytting on American actors as being undertrained and not capable. Its an insult to intelligence. Like Yale and Juliard don't produce classes of actors every year that are classically trained, not to mention the non Ivy League or hyper prestigious universities with strong theater/acting departments.
Its only natural that black american actors feel the brunt of this seeing their place in the system.
The go to thing is to shyt on African Americans breh. shyt is fashionable.

One thing I've learned about being raised here by parents who unlike most Africans knew what time it was, UK Blacks are really naive when it comes to white American racism and how foreign blacks are weaponized to attack African Americans.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The go to thing is to shyt on African Americans breh. shyt is fashionable.

One thing I've learned about being raised here by parents who unlike most Africans knew what time it was, UK Blacks are really naive when it comes to white American racism and how foreign blacks are weaponized to attack African Americans.
no we are not

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
Why British nikkas playing AA men anyways...I agree :yeshrug:

Africans wasn't happen when they had Will Smith playing that Nigerian doctor.

Or Forrest Whittaker in King of Scotland as they should have and as Samuel has the right to say as a multi generational black American veteran actor

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
if someone is black, why does it matter where they're from? black is black no?
lol...tell that to all the african tribes warring due to being different ethnicities.

black is only equal to outsiders, ie we're all ******s to the white man, the same way most black (americans) don't care if you're italian, welsh, danish, or german - you're a cac. there's a clear divide between AA's, west indians, and africans that is perpetuated between the groups. it doesn't affect everyone 1:1 and the groups can get along just fine, but to act like i haven't sat with naija and west indian friends and heard about how aa's are viewed by their community...it's naive to keep acting like black is black, but maybe that's how yall get down in the UK due to most blacks there being mixed or being able to trace their african heritage back to a parent or grandparent.