Idris Elba Drags Samuel Jackson For Attempting To Divide Black Actors

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
im just saying, its weird that a uk breh would play a role that is basically about the stigmatization of interracial relationships (something that is clearly not apparent in uk).

also makes press conference and marketing interviews about the movie way more convenient/less likely to hear some anti-"establishment" rhetoric/news in the promotion of the film :yeshrug:

I think it's about more than their relationship. And my best friend married outside of his race and he ain't from the U.K. It ain't like you couldn't have picked a brother here to do that role if they were the best. Its acting man you act. I've read actors say they took on roles for characters they disagreed with but that didn't stop them from playing the rol. Work is work and you gotta eat

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
1. Makerere University, Little Senegal in Brooklyn, AfrikMall in Colorado, Various African communities in Minnesota
2. HBCU's, Entertainment/Sports/Media pipeline
3. Ghana Expat/repatriates laws, We don't owe y'all nothing anyway
Y'all use us to get the First Black President tho:umad:
Hardly parasitic, We know how to utilize the resources, and lack of corruption in the states.
We'll rebuild Black Wall Street for yall, it'll just be called Afro or AfrikWallstreet, and AA will have to adopt/assimilate, as most of the creditors will likely be African. I see some semblance of this in the African communities in Atlanta and Houston.
Except this wont happen.
For now the creditors and investors will most likely be CAC. Just being realistic
There will be no African take over of Atlanta or Houston. Though your presence there via prior cultural/political/financial AFRAM infiltration is interesting
The first black president is president through people like malcolmx and MLKING

We know how to utilize the resources, and lack of corruption in the states

Learn to do this in your predominately BLACK countries/nations

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
No you acting like Blood vs Crip ain't a thing? AA are more xenophobic than most Africans, y'all are more covert about it. I can site many examples if you want me to...Y'all only use the "we all Black" thing as a form of optics for the white man. Y'all only use Black immigrants to falsely increase your numbers or to boost your egos when we get into Top Unis.
Why can't I neg You!
:pacspit:
Thats the most dumbest shyt i ever heard.

AAs basically started the movement to unify black people all over the globe :gucci:

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
1. Makerere University, Little Senegal in Brooklyn, AfrikMall in Colorado, Various African communities in Minnesota
2. HBCU's, Entertainment/Sports/Media pipeline
3. Ghana Expat/repatriates laws, We don't owe y'all nothing anyway
Y'all use us to get the First Black President tho:umad:
Hardly parasitic, We know how to utilize the resources, and lack of corruption in the states.
We'll rebuild Black Wall Street for yall, it'll just be called Afro or AfrikWallstreet, and AA will have to adopt/assimilate, as most of the creditors will likely be African. I see some semblance of this in the African communities in Atlanta and Houston.

1. None of these are inclusive BLACK institutions. Most of these are various petty tribal institutions, one isn't even built by african immigrants
2. These are all African American things. None of these were financed or created by continental african governments or individuals.
3. Ghana's repatriation process is botched. It's useless.

The first Black president used US. That's why he was able to be elected. Also he was selected... chosen by whites. Plucked and propped up. Shown off to the world as a sign of progress, but actually being used as a weapon against the people who foolishly supported him.

Hey that sounds eerily similar to the story of the "Accomplished African" in the universities doesn't it :pachaha:

Anyway this conversation is over. I've been shytting on africans for the past week and even though yall deserve it, i personally don't like talking bad about my own people.

Get the last word and we're good :hubie:

WheatThins

All Star
Daps
I think it's about more than their relationship. And my best friend married outside of his race and he ain't from the U.K. It ain't like you couldn't have picked a brother here to do that role if they were the best. Its acting man you act. I've read actors say they took on roles for characters they disagreed with but that didn't stop them from playing the rol. Work is work and you gotta eat
yeah everyone has to eat but there is an issue when aa's are being erased from their own stories. idc if it's a white Eminem playing rapper or a uk breh playing nat turner

it don't matter how many hits em has. he is making his self the face of a story/culture that is not his. that's the issue

you keep going back to talent and not wanting to recognize the bigger underlying problem: uk breh a are often picked for these highly racial roles bc of their "safeness" while a lot of AAs are still stuck in token roles

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
yeah everyone has to eat but there is an issue when aa's are being erased from their own stories. idc if it's a white Eminem playing rapper or a uk breh playing nat turner

it don't matter how many hits em has. he is making his self the face of a story/culture that is not his. that's the issue

That's fair. I don't take umbrage with it in this particular incident though. Not mad at you or anyone else who feels differently but it just doesn't strike me as the hill to die on for this story. Especially if we look at the rest of the black males in this movie and they're American and they represented. The movie was well cast across the board and everyone acted their asses off. I don't see the movie and say "damn there's a British dude playing an american" I say "damn" and that's the end of the sentence. But like I said that's me I can't be mad at anyone else who feels different

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Black american directors choosing Black British actors doesn't crush MY point at all, that's like saying just because other Black QBs have spoken out against Kapernick that crushes his argument about oppression. 1. All Black people are allowed to have different opinions on this. 2. There's tons of Black american snobs that prefer Black Brits over their own kind. And that is exactly the point, just look at your own comment. Y'all think that all Black american actors are 'Instagram and vine stars' and not 'the big guns.'

There are Juilliard trained Black American actors. Y'all have preconceived notions about Black Americans and it's some gross bullshyt. Y'all are literally proving Sam Jack's point about how Black american actors are looked down upon and passed over in favor of non-Americans for serious roles.

Y'all genuinely believe Black americans are ONLY vine stars, comedians and Instagrammers good enough for vh1 and almost Christmas but not good enough for serious roles. I should neg you for that shyt.

hold up and stop to think for a second:

THE PEOPLE WHO ARE ACTUALLY *** DOING *** WHAT YOU ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT ARE BLACK. AMERICAN. FILMMAKERS.

i'll say it again to drive the point home.

THE PEOPLE....WHO ARE ACTUALLY *** DOING ** WHAT YOU ARE UPSET ABOUT. ARE BLACK. AMERICAN. FILMMAKERS.

we're just muthafukkas with opinions on a message board. we have absolutely no bearing on the outcome of this argumen

Spike Lee
Tyler Perry
Ava Duvernay
John Singleton

^^^ have all cast brits as the lead in their films to play U.S. characters.

you mean to tell me that this doesn't mean shyt!?!? your argument is STILL valid after THIS?!?!?!
:mindblown:

and more importantly, why are you a woman with a fictional male characters name on here

that would be like me as a grown ass black man with the screen name "cookie lyons"

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Again because we aren't the only black people who experience racism. That's why. Because I've got a friend from the U.K. who's gone through similar shyt and even when my boy from here went over there he experienced similar shyt. That's how I can see it though more than one lens.
But there are different types of racism.:mindblown:

The relationship between blacks and whites are not the same everywhere in the world.

And the movie was CLEARLY about the racism in America. That's why I don't have an issue with what Sam said. However I get why Idris wouldn't like the comments

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Thanks

But there are different types of racism.:mindblown:

The relationship between blacks and whites are not the same everywhere in the world.

And the movie was CLEARLY about the racism in America. That's why I don't have an issue with what Sam said. However I get why Idris wouldn't like the comments

Okay breh clearly you're not understanding that I saw the movie differently based on my own experiences and my life. Again if you saw it your way that's cool man. I'm not going to tell you you're wrong. I feel how I feel based on my life lol. If you want to dispute that then good luck with that

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Okay breh clearly you're not understanding that I saw the movie differently based on my own experiences and my life. Again if you saw it your way that's cool man. I'm not going to tell you you're wrong. I feel how I feel based on my life lol. If you want to dispute that then good luck with that
I mean but the story was based around actual historical American themes though

As others have said, interracial dating isn't even a big deal in the UK because historically they were not segregated in the same way

But whatever:manny:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
maybe cause Brits take acting serious :yeshrug: my opinion tho

this isn't your opinion, it's a fact.

black people think doing church plays or "Fences" 100 times in college is the same as being a trained theater actor and it's not

laurence fishburne played the FILM version of othello - you think those young dudes on EMPIRE can do that? :stopitslime:

in fact, they probably think it's unnecessary seeing as they are working actors getting paid millions of dollars, and they're not wrong :hubie:

but when film studios are ready to do meaningful serious projects, they ain't calling these 1 dimensional non- acting ass nikkas

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds like defeatist thought to me.
there are enough actors and I"m sure with the money they could build the infrastructure to produce and film , just like Tyler Perry has done in Atlanta in the US.

the point then turns to distribution and target audience. A lot of times blacks of the diasphora look down on what other blacks do and have a white supremacist attitude towards their own people, that if blacks are the only ones behind it, it is inferior.
theres more black people in atl alone than the 3 countries in Britain. what you talking about,

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
No time to read through all of this so dunno if people already responded to you, but given the storyline, Omar Epps would've been too goddamn old for that role. :laugh:
Lol, a lot of people have been saying this, and they are right in terms of his age, I initially was basing it off of how they look similar in terms of the skin tone and big eyes. So I have to concede that point to everyone. Higher Learning Omar Epps,,, though....