Idris Elba Drags Samuel Jackson For Attempting To Divide Black Actors

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
No he didn't say it but that's the implication. The implication being that someone like Idris couldn't play a black man who's dealt with racism. That's silly. Get out wasn't about American racism but was about a particular type of liberal racism that isn't native to our shores as Brexit illustrated
Yes it was:dwillhuh: WTF?

Brexit wasn't even remotely close to American racism. The main people that Brits wanted to keep out were other Europeans:gucci:

And no Sam didn't say that Black Brits don't get racism

But Get Out was distinctly about Liberal racism IN AMERICA

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
While yall concerned about who's playing what role, is the movie worth watching more than once?
full

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yes it was:dwillhuh: WTF?

Brexit wasn't even remotely close to American racism. The main people that Brits wanted to keep out were other Europeans:gucci:

And no Sam didn't say that Black Brits don't get racism

But Get Out was distinctly about Liberal racism IN AMERICA

Yeah I disagree on that. I don't see that as purely American racism and more steeped in liberalism as a whole which isn't just native to us. So yeah we're already at odds based on how we saw the movie. Anyone I know who's not in this country or not from here saw get out and related to it because they've experienced that in other places and other continents

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I disagree on that. I don't see that as purely American racism and more steeped in liberalism as a whole which isn't just native to us. So yeah we're already at odds based on how we saw the movie. Anyone I know who's not in this country or not from here saw get out and related to it because they've experienced that in other places and other continents
Jesus how could you not say that movie wasn't about the African American experience:what:

All the themes were distinctly American:skip:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I get what you are saying. Our "own" Hollywood would circumvent any begging for crumbs/ lack or resources. In other words less bitterness. However, I don't think it would work. A Black Hollywood would be very AfrAm-centric, especially if located in America. If AA want their own Hollywood go for it, just don't market it as Black, as if it's inclusive which we know that isn't really possible , considering human behavior.
The way you guys always describe asking to not be discriminated against as "begging" always has me :snoop:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Nah... he shouldn't do it privately. He should call him/them out publicly. That's the only way it'll make a real difference. That way they'll be put under a microscooe going forward. Put his career on the line if he's really down for change.
I mean why set it up as an adversary type thing from jump? If you want someone to see your point of you that's counter productive. It's not like any casting director has ever said Brits are better or I refuse to hire African Americans.

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
No you acting like Blood vs Crip ain't a thing? AA are more xenophobic than most Africans, y'all are more covert about it. I can site many examples if you want me to...Y'all only use the "we all Black" thing as a form of optics for the white man. Y'all only use Black immigrants to falsely increase your numbers or to boost your egos when we get into Top Unis.
Why can't I neg You!
:pacspit:

Name the inclusive "Black" institutions built by African immigrants
Name ANYTHING built in america for descendants of slaves
Name ANYTHING built in Africa for descendants of slaves

We don't use African Immigrants for ANYTHING. We don't need African immigrants for ANYTHING.

As a matter of fact it can be argued that African immigrants are nothing more than propped up parasites in the African American community

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
No you acting like Blood vs Crip ain't a thing? AA are more xenophobic than most Africans, y'all are more covert about it. I can site many examples if you want me to...Y'all only use the "we all Black" thing as a form of optics for the white man. Y'all only use Black immigrants to falsely increase your numbers or to boost your egos when we get into Top Unis.
Why can't I neg You!
:pacspit:
:rudy:Stop it. You know damn well this ain't true

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
there will never be a black version of hollywood in the uk

for the most part out of the 3 countries in the uk majority of actors come from england,

and then for the most part those englih actors come from london

london is a little city on an island

noway that'd happen
Sounds like defeatist thought to me.
there are enough actors and I"m sure with the money they could build the infrastructure to produce and film , just like Tyler Perry has done in Atlanta in the US.

the point then turns to distribution and target audience. A lot of times blacks of the diasphora look down on what other blacks do and have a white supremacist attitude towards their own people, that if blacks are the only ones behind it, it is inferior.

RenAi!

Half RenAi, Half Amazin'.
Daps
Reppin
TOKYO, Taitou-Ku.
British actors take all of the American acting jobs, even the comic book ones. White actors play Americans all the time.

I think Dule Hill or Omar Epps would've killed it in Get Out....

No time to read through all of this so dunno if people already responded to you, but given the storyline, Omar Epps would've been too goddamn old for that role. :laugh:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
You have a bad grip on history, and you're even more stupid than i thought, no emotional connection to Marcus Gavrey but you have a connection to Malcolm X whos father was a Garvey supporter? Ok go and expose your grasp on black african concepts.
the fukk are you talking about? :swaggywhat: who said anything about marcus garvey? what black african concepts have i exposed? stfu and don't quote me again until you have a point other than being :mad:

foh

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Bruh.... I have never lived in the U.K., but please tell us of another country with similar history to the U. S. when it comes to race relations between blacks and whites

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
I mean why set it up as an adversary type thing from jump? If you want someone to see your point of you that's counter productive. It's not like any casting director has ever said Brits are better or I refuse to hire African Americans.
Because he already went to the media with his initial comments... if he didn't want it to be a public spectacle he wouldn't have done what he did.