Idris Elba Drags Samuel Jackson For Attempting To Divide Black Actors

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Jesus how could you not say that movie wasn't about the African American experience:what:

All the themes were distinctly American:skip:

Again because we aren't the only black people who experience racism. That's why. Because I've got a friend from the U.K. who's gone through similar shyt and even when my boy from here went over there he experienced similar shyt. That's how I can see it though more than one lens.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Bruh.... I have never lived in the U.K., but please tell us of another country with similar history to the U. S. when it comes to race relations between blacks and whites

Oh I won't dispute the history at all. But what I am saying is let's not act like this country is the only racist country on the planet or that other black people aren't discriminated against. Yes our history is native to us but ugliness is ugliness and that's not native to us by a long shot.

WheatThins

All Star
Daps
Again because we aren't the only black people who experience racism. That's why. Because I've got a friend from the U.K. who's gone through similar shyt and even when my boy from here went over there he experienced similar shyt. That's how I can see it though more than one lens.
theres a difference between relating to something...... and actually being the inspiration for the subject you are relating to

ie. uk blacks tend to date out wayyyyyyyy more than aa blacks, that goes even further into the way you all view race, which goes back to the nature of black servitude/"slavery" in europe which was vastly different from ANY black disapora experience in the americas and caribbean.

thats like a uk breh play toussaint l'overture :mjlol:

1. its def not gonna be the same passion and intensity

2. when it comes to the media, uk brehs tend to come off as a lot "safer" than your traditional aa actors (not them key and peele types)

We'll rebuild Black Wall Street for yall, it'll just be called Afro or AfrikWallstreet, and AA will have to adopt/assimilate, as most of the creditors will likely be African. I see some semblance of this in the African communities in Atlanta and Houston.

yall brehs cant even hold your own homeland together from chinese, indians and americans. and white people only fukk with yall bc you are considered "safe" by the time you pass enough regulations and tests to even get into the country:mjlol:

aa's fighting the good fight, yall are jsut reaping the benefits and then shaming aa's most of the time :dahell:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
theres a difference between relating to something...... and actually being the inspiration for the subject you are relating to

ie. uk blacks tend to date out wayyyyyyyy more than aa blacks, that goes even further into the way you all view race, which goes back to the nature of black servitude/"slavery" in europe which was vastly different from ANY black disapora experience in the americas and caribbean.

thats like a uk breh play toussaint l'overture :mjlol:

1. its def not gonna be the same passion and intensity

2. when it comes to the media, uk brehs tend to come off as a lot "safer" than your traditional aa actors (not them key and peele types)

yall brehs cant even hold your own homeland together from chinese, indians and americans. and white people only fukk with yall bc you are considered "safe" by the time you pass enough regulations and tests to even get into the country:mjlol:

No argument of whether they're safer or not homie. No argument at all. But what I am saying is his experiences clearly played a part in how he approached the role and to me, he did an excellent job. So even if he's safer, we're assuming he's never experienced any foul shyt in his life which isn't the move to make.

WheatThins

All Star
Daps
No argument of whether they're safer or not homie. No argument at all. But what I am saying is his experiences clearly played a part in how he approached the role and to me, he did an excellent job. So even if he's safer, we're assuming he's never experienced any foul shyt in his life which isn't the move to make.

im just saying, its more than just being good on screen (bc. there are def AA brehs ho can do the job just as well)

but casting is a very political thing that is obv more than who is talented and who is not

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Cancelled for ME :comeon: dafuq, I'm clearly not speaking for anybody else

And yeah they aint going nowhere including on my tv screen or on any of my movie ticket stubs. If you were Black american maybe you'd understand what 'cancelled' meant a little better :manny:

Yeah I don't really care but cool story tho.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
im just saying, its more than just being good on screen (bc. there are def AA brehs ho can do the job just as well)

but casting is a very political thing that is obv more than who is talented and who is not

And in the case of Get Out which Sam was specially referring to there's no argument there. Now if he wants to say that Daniel didn't do a good job that's his right but I'd disagree with him everyday and twice on Sunday's. Yes directors don't always go with who's best for the job (some do) and yes studios often tell directors who's getting the job based on their Q rating (been happening since forever) but for this isolated incident he's off base

WheatThins

All Star
Daps
Yes directors don't always go with who's best for the job (some do) and yes studios often tell directors who's getting the job based on their Q rating (been happening since forever) but for this isolated incident he's off base
how can you say he's off base if you werent in the room making the decision. you can say there's not tangible evidence but not to his factuality

daniel was a good actor, but given the nature of hollywood (even outside of race) we all know that talent is not the determinant factor in getting a job.

none of us can factually say the movie wouldnt have been better or worse with anyone else casted but we can factually say there are american black male actors just as talented as daniel breh

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Because he already went to the media with his initial comments... if he didn't want it to be a public spectacle he wouldn't have done what he did.
And my comment was I doubt it will be effective. And now people might think there is a rift between AA and Black English actors. That's not the results he is looking for I'm sure.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
No you acting like Blood vs Crip ain't a thing? AA are more xenophobic than most Africans, y'all are more covert about it. I can site many examples if you want me to...Y'all only use the "we all Black" thing as a form of optics for the white man. Y'all only use Black immigrants to falsely increase your numbers or to boost your egos when we get into Top Unis.
Why can't I neg You!
:pacspit:
1.The bolded isnt true
2.Its to the point where pan africanism is embedded in our culture. AA are by far more welcoming because of this
3. Ya feel comfortable in our spaces off and online. The coli is a testament to this
4.Bloods and the crips:mjlol: this is not 1994 breh

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
how can you say he's off base if you werent in the room making the decision. you can say there's not tangible evidence but not to his factuality

daniel was a good actor, but given the nature of hollywood (even outside of race) we all know that talent is not the determinant factor in getting a job.

none of us can factually say the movie wouldnt have been better or worse with anyone else casted but we can factually say there are american black male actors just as talented as daniel breh

It's off base in saying this guy couldn't do the job or do it well enough based on his background. He killed the role in all facets.

I'm not saying your assumption of fukkery going on behind the scenes if of vase but I have no idea what happened with the casting all I can go off what Jordan peele says since I have no other evidence either way. Daniel isn't a name so it's doubtful Jason blum is sitting there telling his first time director he needs a name to put butts in seats. Jordan says he cast the best guy for the role and until I read anything telling me otherwise I'm taking him at his word rather than looking for something insidious

WheatThins

All Star
Daps
It's off base in saying this guy couldn't do the job or do it well enough based on his background. He killed the role in all facets.

I'm not saying your assumption of fukkery going on behind the scenes if of vase but I have no idea what happened with the casting all I can go off what Jordan peele says since I have no other evidence either way. Daniel isn't a name so it's doubtful Jason blum is sitting there telling his first time director he needs a name to put butts in seats. Jordan says he cast the best guy for the role and until I read anything telling me otherwise I'm taking him at his word rather than looking for something insidious

im just saying, its weird that a uk breh would play a role that is basically about the stigmatization of interracial relationships (something that is clearly not apparent in uk).

also makes press conference and marketing interviews about the movie way more convenient/less likely to hear some anti-"establishment" rhetoric/news in the promotion of the film :yeshrug:

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get what you are saying. Our "own" Hollywood would circumvent any begging for crumbs/ lack or resources. In other words less bitterness. However, I don't think it would work. A Black Hollywood would be very AfrAm-centric, especially if located in America. If AA want their own Hollywood go for it, just don't market it as Black, as if it's inclusive which we know that isn't really possible , considering human behavior.

I disagree that it wouldn't work, i mean, we can point at hollywood as it is currently and see that it works for white people, no?
That said, I don't deny it would be african american centric considering it would most likely be located in America (where the majority of mainstream entertainment resources are located), that in itself wouldn't make inherently non-inclusive.