Idris Elba Drags Samuel Jackson For Attempting To Divide Black Actors

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:beli: if you're going to get at idris for that then you need to get at the majority of the cast...nobody bar Snoop, D'Angelo, Prop Joe, Donut and occasionally Omar had an accent mirroring a Baltimore accent.

True.... but my point really wasn't about an authentic "Bmore" accent perse, but that his English accent would bleed through during the imitation every now and then

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
opportunity? they live in usa, already they have more opportunity than english black people, difference is english actors are usually theatre trained, and are able to do an ARRAY of accents
:mjlol:

You totally missing Sam's

It's been well documented that white institutions favor foreign blacks over AAs

Go research it breh:manny:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Denzel Washington played a black Englishman and Steve Biko.

Don Cheadle played a Rwandan man.

We been doing it for years.

But there isn't a need anymore..... There weren't too many indigenous Africans trying to break into Hollywood 20 plus years ago..... now, they are being cultivated left and right.... and yes, they should have found a South African to play Steve Biko

doublex

Pro
Daps
Sam making it seem like they taking 100s of jobs away

Black-Brit actors struggling just like black actors

All Black actors are scrapping over that one token Black part per movie.

That's where this nationalism is coming from, and it's misguided. The problem isn't Black Brits, the problem is the racism that bars Blacks from even being considered for most roles.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
But there isn't a need anymore.....

There weren't too many indigenous Africans trying to break into Hollywood 20 plus years ago..... now, they are being cultivated left and right.... and yes, they should have found a South African to play Steve Biko
if a white person said this about black people in hollywood, you would call it racist.

There have been African actors always trying to break into Hollywood, and of course black English actors. They werent being sought out.

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
And LOL @ Idris and Boyega being "cancelled". They and WE ain't going nowhere. Deal with it.

Sorry but not sorry lol.

Cancelled for ME :comeon: dafuq, I'm clearly not speaking for anybody else

And yeah they aint going nowhere including on my tv screen or on any of my movie ticket stubs. If you were Black american maybe you'd understand what 'cancelled' meant a little better :manny:

Slam

Pro
Daps
Why is the black community in the US so divisive? Always talking down on blacks from different countries, sit your ass down Sam.

Also about Aishytemasu's Youtube video.

I reminds me of Chris Rocks stand up but with a black woman. I'm American, I'm American! fukk all these other nikkas.

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
this is you?
giphy.gif

either way, the one thing that crushes this womans argument is that BLACK AMERICAN directors are choosing these black British actors

clearly they are doing this for a reason; again when you want to make VH1 movies or "Almost christmas 2" - you call a few rappers and comedians and get your $$$

but for serious dramas and epic art pieces, you gotta call the big guns, not instagram and vine stars :francis:

Black american directors choosing Black British actors doesn't crush MY point at all, that's like saying just because other Black QBs have spoken out against Kapernick that crushes his argument about oppression. 1. All Black people are allowed to have different opinions on this. 2. There's tons of Black american snobs that prefer Black Brits over their own kind. And that is exactly the point, just look at your own comment. Y'all think that all Black american actors are 'Instagram and vine stars' and not 'the big guns.'

:mindblown: There are Juilliard trained Black American actors. Y'all have preconceived notions about Black Americans and it's some gross bullshyt. Y'all are literally proving Sam Jack's point about how Black american actors are looked down upon and passed over in favor of non-Americans for serious roles.

Y'all genuinely believe Black americans are ONLY vine stars, comedians and Instagrammers good enough for vh1 and almost Christmas but not good enough for serious roles. I should neg you for that shyt.

Last edited:

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
The guy that starred in Get Out is basically 30. I'd be interested to know who auditioned for the role. In the end, it worked out, he did his thing in the movie and it was a hit. But you would lose your shyt if a they were going to cast a Black James Bond and Michael B. Jordan got the role over any Black british actor....

Cmon breh...the couple was supposed to be mid to late 20s. Daniel looks mid to late 20s. Dule Hill is a grown ass man, damn near 45 years old. Michael B. Jordan would've been an appropriate selection but, he's overexposed.

doublex

Pro
Daps
But it is about race.... especially if you're playing a part that uses the unique perspective of an African American..... and collectively speaking, there are countless white actors in roles, and the non American ones account for a much smaller percentage as opposed to black actors...

The lack of parts for Black actors is about race... but the preference for British actors over American ones is not. It's intersectionality.

The only reason there's more acrimony over it among blacks than whites is BECAUSE we have to fight harder for less to begin with.

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
Why is the black community in the US so divisive? Always talking down on blacks from different countries, sit your ass down Sam.

Also about Aishytemasu's Youtube video.

I reminds me of Chris Rocks stand up but with a black woman. I'm American, I'm American! fukk all these other nikkas.

We're divisive cuz nobody gives a fukk about us so why should we give a fukk about anybody else :jbhmm:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
lol no one has ever said british accent and thinking of scotland or wales. ever lol
Depends on context. You wouldn't know the difference between many British accents and a welsh accent unless you are from there. Just go on YouTube and do a blind test.

Slam

Pro
Daps
We're divisive cuz nobody gives a fukk about us so why should we give a fukk about anybody else :jbhmm:

So because of the way black people are treated in America. Some black Americans want to treat other black people like a different class? You think only black Americans experience institutionalised racism, police brutality? Or in case of this film interracial dating issues. Nah drop the though act bro.