ICE Raids in Mississippi’s Chicken Country Create Opportunity for Black Residents

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
You just like to say stuff don't you?

Remember the Cloverhill Bakery story you like to share? Well, they were bought by Hostess. Wanna guess what happened then? They automated and laid off a large number of workers. Now their profits have increased bigly!

Oh, and your claim about working conditions improving afterwards for the new workforce?

Bullshyt!

No change at bakery, workers say

So once again, this looks like a problem with EMPLOYERS! I wonder why there isn't a more concentrated push against this. Hmm.
This automation hustle yall keep using is a ploy to avoid addressing black labor.

Yall had 35 years to come up with something and landed on automation?

Why didn't Coretta Scott King mention "automation" 30 years ago?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...oretta-scott-king_us_58c83a50e4b05675ee9c5adb

Democrat Representative Barbara Jordan in 1995 didn't mention automation:

Democrats Used To Talk About 'Criminal Immigrants,' So What Changed The Party?
www.npr.org/2019/02/19/694804917/democrats-used-to-talk-about-criminal-immigrants-so-what-changed-the-party

Even Cesar Chavez was against illegal immigration:
Cesar Chavez's Complex History on Immigration

Remember this guy? Senator Barack Obama in 2005:
Obama’s 2005 remarks reflect strong stance on controlling immigration
Sen Barack Obama Illegal Immigration | User Clip | C-SPAN.org FULL CLIP:
https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4656370/sen-barack-obama-illegal-immigration

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
You know what happens when undocumented persons are deported? They bring guest workers over and still don't pay citizens.

We need more pro-worker/pro-union laws. That is what you should see as the answer here. We need to punish those corporations. And we need to figure out a way to a)make those undocumented persons legal residents because they aren't going anywhere and usually come back b)unionize them.

That's why going after those undocumented workers pointless and doesn't do much to help poor citizens. It is chasing your tail.
Why? :gucci:

Hell no :mjlol:

Reagan tried that. It failed.

On top of that, amnesty never reaches its intended goals because not enough of them come out of hiding to get documented :francis:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...tried-to-solve-immigration-why-didnt-it-work/

Nobu

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You know what happens when undocumented persons are deported? They bring guest workers over and still don't pay citizens.

We need more pro-worker/pro-union laws. That is what you should see as the answer here. We need to punish those corporations. And we need to figure out a way to a)make those undocumented persons legal residents because they aren't going anywhere and usually come back b)unionize them.

That's why going after those undocumented workers pointless and doesn't do much to help poor citizens. It is chasing your tail.

Again, not disagreeing that laws don't need to change. Yes, there should be changes to make it harder for them to bring in guest workers, as in more requirements to attempt to hire citizens first. Same thing exists with all the H1B fraud in tech, a lot of times they are not making a good faith attempt to find Americans to fill the job.

Perhaps they should be allowed to apply for a visa even if they're status is currently illegal, but in the meantime if there are Americans who want the job as was the case here, they should be removed from the job and only allowed to fill once all efforts to find an American have failed. Americans must be given priority to jobs in their own land, there is nothing wrong with that. Every government must put the needs of its own people first.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again, not disagreeing that laws don't need to change. Yes, there should be changes to make it harder for them to bring in guest workers, as in more requirements to attempt to hire citizens first. Same thing exists with all the H1B fraud in tech, a lot of times they are not making a good faith attempt to find Americans to fill the job.

Perhaps they should be allowed to apply for a visa even if they're status is currently illegal, but in the meantime if there are Americans who want the job as was the case here, they should be removed from the job and only allowed to fill once all efforts to find an American have failed. Americans must be given priority to jobs in their own land, there is nothing wrong with that. Every government must put the needs of its own people first.

This country use to do that
But for some reasons we allowed companies too much freedom to undermine its citizens.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

@mastermind Why should illegals be allowed to practice law:

Undocumented immigrant can practice law in California, court rules - CNN

Cesar Vargas: One of NY's First Undocumented Lawyers - The Muse

be nurses:

Arkansas Removes DACA Ban on Nursing Students Taking The NCLEX

or have other occupational licensing if we have black citizens who need these jobs?

Professional and Occupational Licenses for Immigrants | CLINIC

www.ncsl.org/research/immigration/professional-and-occupational-licenses-for-immigrants.aspx

Mind you, occupational licensing is a regulated industry. :francis:

You have no good excuse for this.

NONE.

You can't have it both ways.

You can't on one hand talk about "well we need to come down on business" and on the other hand talk about "amnesty and letting them stay and allowing them to get licenses and scholarships and leninecy" ...Thats not showing any incentive to STOP illegal immigration!

I come at this SOLELY from how it affects Black Labor. No mainstream democrat will even say this right now, when they ALL used to 10+ years ago. Something changed and now they all forget what they said 20, 30, 40 years ago about illegals hurting black labor when republicans were letting illegals do all their cheap work!

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
This country use to do that
But for some reasons we allowed companies too much freedom to undermine its citizens.
Its not only about companies you dikk because you dont even want to get rid of the illegals that are still permitted to come, take residence, and never face any penalty.

You can't have it both ways.

You can address the companies AND the illegal immigrants. BOTH must be addressed.

Amnesty encourages MORE LENIENCY.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

You don't care about black labor. You are just using that as a smokescreen.

More, you really like to bombard with a page full of already prepared shyt, don't you? It doesn't even matter to you that it does not address what you're responding to either.

But OSHA!

Edit: You keep talking about people wanting things "both ways" and never really explain what that means. Both ways what?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

More, you really like to bombard with a page full of already prepared shyt, don't you? It doesn't even matter to you that it does not address what you're responding to either.

But OSHA!
I don't care about something I've been ranting about on here for 6 years?

Got it :mjlol:

Dumbass :heh:

How dare I ... prepare to engage in the same stupid arguments yall keep throwing out?

Don't think I forgot that on Higher Learning you said you worked alongside illegals and didn't mind if blacks didn't get those jobs. I'll pull that post up when I can :ufdup:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

But OSHA!

Just put him on ignore

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black people having jobs to survive in here and now is the takeaway from this story! The broader system that created this mess is something else.

Deflecting to a greater white power while ignoring the racial component on the ground is what sws on the left and right do by bringing up either "Corporations" or "The Illuminati" did it.

Yeah, it's the reason, but there's a dynamic on the ground between "ordinary people" that's more immediate and relevant to who gets to eat and keep a roof over their head at night. That needs to be us in Mississippi btw.

I'm not going to pretend like illegal immigrants are helpless actors in any of this, any more than I would take away agency from poor white workers. Neither group are oblivious that the Koch brothers and the like run shyt, but how does that knowledge factor into their choices as workers, or if they care about black workers being shut out. Shouldering all the blame on business at the top doesn't fully address the unresolved racial and ethnic dynamics of the American working class that prevented us from stopping the return of this kind of gilded age capitalism to begin with.

It's democratic orthodoxy right now to treat illegal immigrants as totally benign, so yeah, let's not discuss the everyday impact of black lives affected by illegal immigration. Let's just focus on the Koch family. :beli:

Breh, companies are hiring, people will continue to come here. No amount of ICE raids, fences or Walls will change that fact.

The only way to stop people from coming across the border for economic reasons is to take away that incentive.

But that would require confronting powerful business interests that put money in the pockets of both parties. illegals on the other hand, make for soft targets.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Edit: You keep talking about people wanting things "both ways" and never really explain what that means. Both ways what?
You captain-save-a-criminals don't even pretend to try any more.

I've. Already. Said. I. Want. Harsher. Penalties. On. Employers.

In fact, I'm the only person in here who even posted what the current penalties were! :mindblown:

You MUST do something to GET ILLEGALS OUT OF THE COUNTRY. The detriment to the poorest, least accessible, least mobile, least of everything a/k/a BLACK LABOR has been utterly gutted due to illegals in the last 40 years.

They can't stay if you care about black labor.

You have never seen a "refugee" problem that lasted 40 damn years. :stopitslime:

Enough is enough. Democrats USED to stand up for this stuff.

I posted a clip of Bernie Sanders in 2007 saying it...

So what happened?

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
Sad how they're making black people feel guilty for taking jobs from illegal immigrants. This filth is nothing but anti-black propaganda.

Weren't there whites that also got some of these low wage jobs?

legal black immigrants take jobs and spots in elite institutions from native born black americans. shoulsnt you also have a problem with that?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Breh, companies are hiring, people will continue to come here. No amount of ICE raids, fences or Walls will change that fact.

The only way to stop people from coming across the border for economic reasons is to take away that incentive.

But that would require confronting powerful business interests that put money in the pockets of both parties. illegals on the other hand, make for soft targets.
Do you support deporting illegals?

its really that simple.

Because you can't have it both ways.

Either they both get addressed or not.

Cause if you only address companies (which I have more than ANYONE in this thread) you can't have illegals getting drivers licensees, occupational licenses, school tuition, and healthcare and home loans... Without addressing the BENEFITS illegals currently get, you will NOT stop illegal immigration. Dont even mention "incentives" if states are bending at the knee to support them.:francis:

I dont wanna hear this ADOS/FBA/etc talk if you're not going to get
serious about defending the most disrespected and under supported demographic of American labor.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...on-immigration-in-2007-video-this-is-a-bad-bi