ICE Raids in Mississippi’s Chicken Country Create Opportunity for Black Residents

151_Pr00f

All Star
Daps
Reppin
In the Clouds
Honestly, with the reactions on this board towards states like MS, AL, AR, etc, y’all should not expect these same posters to give a damn about blacks in those states. Unfortunately, percentage wise, most black Americans live in these states.

This is why blacks down here should be weary about following the lead of coastal/big city whites and blacks.

Facts

Im from South Carolina and peeped how this board had a coastal/big city bias years ago.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't worry, we have the data :ufdup:

You bytch :scust:

Illegal Immigration: The Impact on Wages and Employment of Black Workers

Abstract

[Excerpt] Before addressing the specific issue of illegal immigration and its economic effects on black Americans, the broad subject needs to be placed in perspective. No issue has affected the economic well-being of African Americans more that the phenomenon of immigration and its related policy manifestations. Immigration defined the entry experience of the ancestors of most the nation’s contemporary black American community (as slaves who were brought as involuntary immigrants); it placed them disproportionately in the states that today comprise the “South”( at no point in American history has less than half the black population ever lived outside the South); it disproportionately tied them for centuries to the rural sector of the southern economy where they were linked with the regions vast agricultural economy (the black migration out of the South did not begin until after 1915 when the mass immigration of the late 19th and early 20th Centuries from Europe and Asia were cut off by war from 1914-1918 and by restrictive legislation from 1921-1965); and, with the accidental revival of mass immigration in the years since 1965 that has continued to this day, immigration has served largely to marginalize the imperative to address squarely and affirmatively the legacy of the denial of equal economic opportunity that had resulted from the previous centuries of slavery and segregation which the civil rights movement and legislation of the 1960s sought to redress. In this post-1965 era of mass immigration, no racial or ethnic group has benefited less or been harmed more than the nation’s African American community.

Comments
Suggested Citation
Briggs, V. M. Jr. (2010). Illegal immigration: The impact on wages and employment of black workers. Testimony before the United States Civil Rights Commission. Ithaca, NY: Author.
Illegal Immigration: The Impact on Wages and Employment of Black Workers

So business exploiting illegal immigrants hurts black people.
We should use this data to increase the punishment for these businesses. It seems if these businesses didn't hire illegals then they would not be competing for jobs.

And please refrain from calling me names. I have not called you a bytch once in our discussion.:unimpressed:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
So business exploiting illegal immigrants hurts black people.
We should use this data to increase the punishment for these businesses. It seems if these businesses didn't hire illegals then they would not be competing for jobs.

And please refrain from calling me names. I have not called you a bytch once in our discussion.:unimpressed:
Nah, you're a bytch and I'll call you what I please.

Got a problem with it? Answer the questions directly posed to you. bytch.

40 years of illegals isn't a random occurrence. Its policy.

What do you want to do about it? bytch.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, you're a bytch and I'll call you what I please.

Got a problem with it? Answer the questions directly posed to you. bytch.

40 years of illegals isn't a random occurrence. Its policy.

What do you want to do about it? bytch.

Damn I understand why people dont like you.
Your a tool. And not a very good one. I will end this discussion and put you on ignore.
Peace.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Y'all don't even care to make the distinction between legally documented immigrants and those who aren't.
There’s solidarity there. Immigrant solidarity. It’s not being hidden. In their minds, those there illegally take precedent over the Black Americans in states like Mississippi.