ICE Raids in Mississippi’s Chicken Country Create Opportunity for Black Residents

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah. I POSTED THE ARTICLE dumbass.

I already said I want companies to be held accountable.

Whats this got to do with identity fraud they engage in?

You already said your'e OK with illegals lying.

People lie on job applications all the time. It is up to the employer to verify the information

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Superstar
Daps
Black people having jobs to survive is the takeaway from this story! The broader system that created this mess is something else.

Deflecting to a greater white power while ignoring the racial component on the ground is what white supremacists on the left and right do by bringing up either "Corporations" or "The Illuminati" did it.

Yeah, it's the reason, but there's a dynamic on the ground between "ordinary people" that's more immediate and relevant to who gets to eat and keep a roof over their head at night. That needs to be us in Mississippi btw.

I'm not going to pretend like illegal immigrants are helpless actors in any of this any more than I would take away agency from poor white workers. Neither group are oblivious that the Koch brothers and the like run shyt, but how does that knowledge factor into their choices as workers, or if they care about black workers being shut out.

Shouldering all the blame on business at the top doesn't fully address the unresolved racial and ethnic dynamics of the American working class that prevented us from stopping the return of this kind of gilded age capitalism to begin with.

It's democratic orthodoxy right now to treat illegal immigrants as totally benign, so yeah, let's not discuss the everyday impact of black lives affected by illegal immigration. Let's just focus on the Koch bros.
Keep the Andrew Yang bullshyt to yourself

Automation is another red herring.

Yall weren't using this argument 40, 30, or even 20 years ago.

We have black people NOW who think we're above these jobs and we're not worthy of even the most minimal types of work.

Its brain washing to get you to focus on some sort of "bigger picture"

Nah, the SMALL picture is right here.

Isn't all politics, local?

Black people in a small town get to eat. Thats a success. Period.

Extrapolate what illegal labor did to black labor for close to two generations and you can NOT ignore the damage they caused. Period.

Illegals are getting to work in white collar, blue collar, and even entry level service jobs.

They're getting healthcare, education (full tuition), drivers licenses, occupational licensing, and then locking out black people with bilingual requirements.

At what point is black labor going to take stock of the fact they're being purposely targeted?

automation is part of the problem when it comes to displacing citizen workers. The issue of automation is a local issue.

In a capitalist free market society a business owners main objective is to make profit. Not provide jobs to undocumented workers or legal citizens.

So if they can’t make profit through current means of workers business owners will find other solutions.

This is why it’s hard to get giddy about an $11/hr job that will likely be gone within the next few years.

but hey.....fukk immigrants am I right?!?

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got it.

You support identify theft and fraud.

Youre enabling criminals and criminality.

Oh, and I've NEVER lied on a job application. I'm black. We can't do that :wow:

I am black and I deff have lied on a job app.
And how am i enabling when it is clear my position is to punish employers of illegal immigrants?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
automation is part of the problem when it comes to displacing citizen workers. The issue of automation is a local issue.

In a capitalist free market society a business owners main objective is to make profit. Not provide jobs to undocumented workers or legal citizens.

So if they can’t make profit through current means of workers business owners will find other solutions.

This is why it’s hard to get giddy about an $11/hr job that will likely be gone within the next few years.

but hey.....fukk immigrants am I right?!?
This automation answer is an evasion tactic you use to ignore 40 years of assault on black labor by illegal immigrants.

Don't worry, we have the data :ufdup:

You bytch :scust:

Illegal Immigration: The Impact on Wages and Employment of Black Workers

Abstract

[Excerpt] Before addressing the specific issue of illegal immigration and its economic effects on black Americans, the broad subject needs to be placed in perspective. No issue has affected the economic well-being of African Americans more that the phenomenon of immigration and its related policy manifestations. Immigration defined the entry experience of the ancestors of most the nation’s contemporary black American community (as slaves who were brought as involuntary immigrants); it placed them disproportionately in the states that today comprise the “South”( at no point in American history has less than half the black population ever lived outside the South); it disproportionately tied them for centuries to the rural sector of the southern economy where they were linked with the regions vast agricultural economy (the black migration out of the South did not begin until after 1915 when the mass immigration of the late 19th and early 20th Centuries from Europe and Asia were cut off by war from 1914-1918 and by restrictive legislation from 1921-1965); and, with the accidental revival of mass immigration in the years since 1965 that has continued to this day, immigration has served largely to marginalize the imperative to address squarely and affirmatively the legacy of the denial of equal economic opportunity that had resulted from the previous centuries of slavery and segregation which the civil rights movement and legislation of the 1960s sought to redress. In this post-1965 era of mass immigration, no racial or ethnic group has benefited less or been harmed more than the nation’s African American community.

Comments
Suggested Citation
Briggs, V. M. Jr. (2010). Illegal immigration: The impact on wages and employment of black workers. Testimony before the United States Civil Rights Commission. Ithaca, NY: Author.
Illegal Immigration: The Impact on Wages and Employment of Black Workers

@Raymond Burrr @Red Shield @Michael's Black Son @Trajan @Sukairain @YouMadd? @Basil of Baker Street @SupremexKing @#1 pick @Clutch Robinson @Cat piss martini @AndroidHero @Pirius Black @ba'al @panopticon @johnedwarduado @SJUGRAD13

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
There is a This American Life episode on this issue about chicken farms in Alabama. They mention how illegal workers came in and displaced black and white workers alike and broke up their ability to unionized. It led to me changing my mind on the subject quite a bit.

Our Town - Part One - This American Life
I heard it before
fukkem
Black ppl will never prosper if we keep worrying about other ppl

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Answer my question what punishment are you giving out to these businesses who are exploiting people.
:ufdup:
Read the article I posted.

Heavy fines and the worst offenders can get 6 months in jail or more:

https://www.thecoli.com/posts/36071467/

Williams wrote that individuals or companies shown to have “actual knowledge” of violating the employment law — meaning they knowingly hired at least 10 people not authorized to work for a year-long period — can be fined as much as $3,000 per undocumented worker. Employers can be imprisoned for as long as six months.

Penalties for Employers Hiring Illegal Immigrants | LegalMatch

I'm in favor of even stiffer penalties.

Whats your argument now? What are we going to do with the 30 million illegals here?