Ice Cube says The Black Community can't keep blindly supporting Democrats.. Is he a c00n?

GatorStaceyAdams

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC (but PGH will forever be home)
Go ahead and try and see where it gets you

300 Republican officials, of how many were of the house and senate?

Also same-sex marriage was legalized through the supreme court and had nothing to do with legislation so how they felt about it means very little when they had no choice in a vote

Which is my point exactly.

They had NO impact on the legislation passing, yet they still voiced their support:

1_41.png

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
Which is my point exactly.

They had NO impact on the legislation passing, yet they still voiced their support:

1_41.png

There was no legislation so what you are saying about 300 officials means nothing

also "wide gap remains"

50% was opposed to it in 2017 and you are expecting what from Republicans for the black community which would have to pass some sort of legislation

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
Just a couple of rebuttals:

• People in Alabama/Mississippi (of any race) are typically going to be less educated/wealthy than people in huge metropolis like NYC.
Which proves my point that the GOP isn't necessarily a good alternative for Black people because, if they can't lead Mississippi and Alabama to having high levels of education and wealth for White people, how are they going to be any different for Black people?
  • The poorest locations in those cities that you've listed are mostly black and also ran by Democrats- so I'm not sure your argument sticks.
But is that actually solely because of Democrats though? Jews and Asians also vote majority Democrat. Also, just because a place is Democrat run doesn't mean people are politically active. A lot of Black areas run by Democrats have very little people holding their politicians accountable, showing up to town meetings, school board meetings, etc. In other words, it's more of a reflection of the general community than the politicians alone. It goes both ways.
My point was simply that black folks (middle class and poor namely) have been indoctrinated to believe that we HAVE to vote for Democrat's, no questions (or requests) asked.
And that's fine but here's the thing: We ONLY have 4 options when it comes to voting.

A. Continue to vote Dem but actually give the politicians more accountability and have the community become more active in the political process.
B. Refuse to vote altogether and let decisions get determined by the votes of Non-Blacks
C. Vote for the GOP which is openly racist and openly against all forms of Black tangibles
D. Search through the small list of actual 3rd Party candidates and rally around the rare ones who aren't White Libertarian MAGA shills

Those are the only options we have. There's nothing wrong with complaining about politicians. In fact, it's good to be passionate about these things. But we still have to be grounded in reality with our decisions. There is no pro-Black version of Ross Perot that we have the option of voting into power.

You don't have to ride for everyone with a D attached to their name. But you can vet people out and vote for specific Democrats like Gary Chambers who has a pro-reparations agenda.

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
Just a couple of rebuttals:

• People in Alabama/Mississippi (of any race) are typically going to be less educated/wealthy than people in huge metropolis like NYC.
  • The poorest locations in those cities that you've listed are mostly black and also ran by Democrats- so I'm not sure your argument sticks.
My point was simply that black folks (middle class and poor namely) have been indoctrinated to believe that we HAVE to vote for Democrat's, no questions (or requests) asked.

Republicans shouldn't have leaned into the Southern Strategy in the 50s and 60s and then looking around wondering why black people don't vote for them

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
I def don't think Ice Cube is c00n even if I disagree with him BUT the fact of the matter is Republican fiscal policy benefits him way more. Also too, I think what we really need to do is inject Black (ideally male) youth into into the Democratic party and over the years vote them up the ladder.
Did Dems make any move toward ending Trump's tax cuts? Nope. They never even mentioned it when they held both houses and the White house. It could have easily been put in the reconciliation package. Again, reconciliation bills are filibuster proof and only require a majority vote to pass, not 60 votes. The top Dem Senators and Congressman have much higher networths than Ice Cube.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Did Dems make any move toward ending Trump's tax cuts? Nope. They never even mentioned it when they held both houses and the White house. It could have easily been put in the reconciliation package. Again, reconciliation bills are filibuster proof and only require a majority vote to pass, not 60 votes.
Oh I agree. We need new blood desperately, I just think that path is easier through the Democratic party is all.

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
His premise is correct. But me and him are in 2 entirely different tax brackets. His reasons are probably different from mine. We been lulled to sleep by the Dems based on what they did 50 years ago. The Dems are like a bad father that did a lot for you as a baby but after that only comes around to make a spectacle of it. And if you call him to task, folks will remind you of what he did when you were a child lol.

PLEASE DONT TAKE THIS AS REPUBLICAN BABBLE

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
I wish I can understand what is it about fukking voting Democrat that yall find to be so shameful, dehumanizing, and difficult?

That you're not getting a lump sum reparations check in the mail in addition to defending your own fukking rights and freedom under this governemt? I just don't get the point of these "woe is us. We have to vote Democrat and routinely defend our legal rights from cacs. Boohoo this sucks. I wish I can be a Republican too" spills. I don't get it. I feel like nikkas "blindly" repeat any ole smart-dumb shyt about both parties and it don't even have to add up.
They both practice white supremacy, but go about it in different ways. For example, the Republican Party will act as if they’re tougher in crime by pushing for more police or making “stop and frisk” a law, which unfairly targets black people. Democrats will push these pro immigration laws that sound good on the surface because it seems humane, but when you look at what’s happening in cities like Chicago, you have migrants being pushed into black neighborhoods. They could go in any yuppie white neighborhood or even the Hispanic areas, but they put those folks in black neighborhoods and give them resources in order to eventually displace black people.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
They already do that. They already know there are third parties. Black people are not dumb. And they discover over and over again that the liberal candidate, the liberal policy agenda, and the liberal party is always in our best interest. This is not complicated.

And then conservatives come down our ear and tell us we're too stupid to make our own political decisions and are being brainwashed into voting overwhelmingly for the pro-civil rights candidate.

Then c00ns who worship cacs and feel some childish narcissistic insecurity about being like minded to black people and "fakkits" listen to these racist conservatives and somehow call it "thinking for themselves."

Some of yall want to make party politics in this country more complicated than it is for the sake of looking like psuedo intellectuals. The whole idea that black people are voting "blindly" and not consciously is a racist narrative I use to hear on Fox News during the Bush days, and now we got "free thinkers" happily disseminating their agenda and think they look like outspoken geniuses doing it.

How yall can hear shyt like "black people need to stop blindly voting Democrat," whether from other black people or from the mouth of Ben Shapiro and Donald Trump and not feel insulted shows how amazingly effective Republicans have been in brainwashing the public with propaganda into indeed NOT forming logical political decisions of their own.

Black people are informed enough to vote for who we want and we want the liberal candidate, the liberal policy agenda, and the liberal party. Every time. White supremacists and these armchair internet "black militants" alike springing up out of nowhere find this bothersome. Wonder why.
Dammit I can’t rep you again so soon. This needs to be a stickied post.

The Russian right wing propaganda machine has actively recruited black agents to gather idiots to their side and people actually fall for the shyt.

Nobody says Democrats are above reproach. But I just don’t hate trannies enough to valorize a return to a time where we had less rights in this country. You cannot separate the racism from conservatism. The very values they wish to conserve include people that look like us being hung from a willow tree.
And black celebrities and alleged “free thinkers”, losers, special snowflakes, me no blk papis/mamis, still can’t get around this. At this point we vote Democratic because that’s the only real party that actually exists. The others are circus clowns.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
I’ll more than likely use the write-in option for a 2nd election in a row. I know I won’t vote republican, and I doubt I’ll vote Biden.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Ice Cube was one of the main folks pushing for Gavin Newsome to sign the bill allowing for reparations studies and is credited by grassroots democrat organizations as being key to getting the bill signed. Here's a video breaking down his role in pushing the reparations conversation forward as well as him denouncing Trump and revealing his working relationship with democrat Gavin Newsome and using that positive working relationship to help getting that bill signed.

What have you done but be a loud and wrong sissy online?
You're exaggerating his role. He wasn't key in getting this signed into law, and he played no part in the drafting of the bill. The assemblywoman behind the bill called him out for helping to champion the cause and raise awareness, but she did that for multiple people too. That's still a good thing and he deserves some recognition for that. I still don't trust him. Going on MAGA podcasts to air your grievances doesn't strike me as the sensible thing to do. Trusting people like Jared Kushner ain't, either.

I haven't done anything since COVID happened. The last thing I was active in was in 2018 when I was part of a group that worked with the Michigan ACLU and NAACP on the Proposal 3 outreach campaign.

What have you done besides trying to convince people on here to support the likes of Candace Owens?