ICE conducts largest raid in history. 680 arrested.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Dudes in here caping for illegals don't understand basic supply and demand principles.

I saw this play out in STEM fields when Obama dramatically increased the amount of foreign tech workers on visas. Salaries across the board stagnated for years. But once Trump increased enforcement and H1B visa applications we're no longer rubber stamped. Tech hiring and salaries started increasing because you had less available labor driving down wages.
H1B visas allotments are established by congress, not the president and it's been 60k for regular and 20k for masters degree and above for over a decade now. wages stagnated because of the great recession. wages started trending upwards in obama's 2nd term and continues today.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The wages were stagnant in 2008 and the following years not because H1Bs, which we still hiring, but due to economic disruption. We still have problem filling positions since growth is past supply but we are past 08. Situation aint even comparable. Man Labor is slowly replaced by machinery. They are holding off anything dramatic until that comes thru.:hhh:

Name one technology or machinery replacing thousands of IT jobs. The same way that allowing thousands of foreigners on visas into the country every year does.

I've walked into companies on interviews and seen entire floors filled with foreigners on visas.

tenor.gif

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
On the real as a person who lived in Mississippi, whose wife is from Mississippi, whose in-laws are from Mississippi, who has family still in Mississippi and who still has college friends who live in Mississippi.

Most black folks don't care if sanderson farms and other chicken plants in the delta, Hattiesburg or on the coast had a raid because of some illegal mexicans.

Most have no desire to work at the chicken plant and usually only work it because they have job deserts or because no one else is hiring.

The chicken plants usually have plenty of openings and have a revolving door of employees going in and out. Usually because people hate the work (filthy, stinks, nasty, dangerous and cold), pay sucks (pay has always been bad even before mexicans) and its repetitive work which usually results in injury.

Most will happily take a job at dollar general, walmart, piggly wiggly, the gas station, McDonald's and etc before working at the chicken plant.

Trust I worked at a chicken plant at night in college. That was some of the most dangerous work I did for minimum wage. Only did it to make some quick money for 1 month of work (cause they always hiring even in a recession). My first night a brotha on the line cut a tip of his finger off and the third night a sista cut her hand open requiring 20 stitches and that was on both of their first nights on the job.

Last edited:

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
H1B visas allotments are established by congress, not the president and it's been 60k for regular and 20k for masters degree and above for over a decade now. wages stagnated because of the great recession. wages started trending upwards in obama's 2nd term and continues today.

You got proof of real wage gains during the tail end of Obama's presidency? And we can compare it to now.
:sas1:

H-1B visa denial rates skyrocket under Trump

"Donald Trump’s promised crackdown on the H-1B visa had a dramatic impact last year, according to recently released federal data that shows immigration officials denied nearly one out of every four requests for new visas for skilled foreign workers".

"That’s the highest denial rate for new H-1B visa applications in nearly 10 years and almost double the 13 percent rate in the prior fiscal year".

The Impact of Trump's H-1B Visa Crackdown in 5 Charts

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I love my black people but I ain’t seen nann one at Home Depot at 7am. I let them cook they doing labor no one else wants
Dumb logic. Police or store managers are significantly more involved when there is a black presence where there isnt when its a gang of paisas outside. Also the damage is already done because many of the laborers are getting work from people that have already previously gotten work from those guys. Go to a day labor company like Manpower and I guarantee you theres a significant population of black workers. They are there because they cant be outside Lowes or Home Depot without the cops being called on them and risk catching a case.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
You got proof of real wage gains during the tail end of Obama's presidency? And we can compare it to now.
:sas1:

H-1B visa denial rates skyrocket under Trump

"Donald Trump’s promised crackdown on the H-1B visa had a dramatic impact last year, according to recently released federal data that shows immigration officials denied nearly one out of every four requests for new visas for skilled foreign workers".

"That’s the highest denial rate for new H-1B visa applications in nearly 10 years and almost double the 13 percent rate in the prior fiscal year".

The Impact of Trump's H-1B Visa Crackdown in 5 Charts
but the same 65k regular visas were issued, which companies got them might be different. certain companies might have been targeted, but on a year to year basis 65k regular H-1B visa holders come to the united states. the big tech companies are still having the same approval rates.

and here is your wage growth tracker
Wage Growth Tracker - Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta

Last edited:
Daps
First, lets give everyone a reference point of your ideology. You believe in suppressing wages and that American are overpaid.

Whats wrong with pushing more Americans to work for lower wages like china does?
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/wha...-work-for-lower-wages-like-china-does.447104/

You believe Americans should be working for pennies on the dollar like foreign countries do. You are totally irrational.
@Barnett114 @Pressure @General Mills @richaveli83 look at this flip-flopping bullshyt.. :ohhh:

who's man's is this..? :laff::laff::laff:

Last edited:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
@Barnett114 @Pressure @General Mills @richaveli83 look at this flip-flopping bullshyt.. :ohhh:

who's man's is this..? :laff::laff::laff:

What in the fukk! :MJhurt:​

At some point, Americans with no skills and who are under educated are going to need to get in where they fit in.

You can't beat China doing what we're doing 20 years from now.

Wage floors might have to go down :manny:

Whats wrong with this way of thinking? :lupe:

People want jobs at home, right?

What are Americans willing to do for it?

How much farther will we kick the can down the road?