I wish i was from NYC

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
:comeon:

come on, breh …. now you’re being a bit disingenuous by saying I crafted/claiming NYC to being this chocolate city

what I have emphasize is that the Spanish people who are mainly Caribbean dissent, which makes up about 26 to 28% of the population have the same culture as us and when you add our population and their population that’s well over 50%
add the fact that whites/Asians/others take on our culture meaning hip-hop/urban speaks for itself

Now I will grant you over the past decade and a half NYC has been heavily gentrified, so it is changing …. unfortunately, a lot of Central Americans have moved to Queens , a lot of Whites from middle of America & a lot of Asian from the North West have moved to the city and such and such

now, as far as the data goes by the world population site which the link is below states that NYC has 23.82% black or African-American

The World Population Review isn't the United States Census. The US Census in 2020 said NY was 22.1% black. The American Community Survey, which is the estimate service sponsored by The Census Bureau, says in '21 it dropped to 20.3%...

There are a litany of articles online that detail the declining black population in NYC over the past 15 years. But like LA, the city is large and its black history is so significant there will ALWAYS be black presence in NY, it doesn't matter how low the population drops...

With Los Angeles, I've shown that LA's black population is past its worst period, which was the 80s thru 00s. Black Los Angeles is still losing population bit its slowed to a slow drip compared to many cities from New York to St Louis to San Francisco, all which are losing their black populations at significantly higher rates...

Our impact on LA culture is the same in terms of influence. LA feels like a city blacker than 8-9% black because of how culturally dominant we are. You can easily see this if you watch how non-black Angelenos demo in lingo, style, dress, etc...

This isn't even a NY or LA thing. It's an American thing, this nation is 15-16% black tops (if you include black Latinos, black biracials, etc); this nation is 15% black but you can feel our impact well beyond that, in most places that have a large black community, we are going to have an outsized influence on the local culture...

That's not a NY or LA thing, bro...

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Philly>>>>>All of NY except Brooklyn
Queens, Manhattan, and the Bronx are better than Philly.

Philly’s nightlife is severely lacking and the murder rate is too damn high y’all got a bad youth problem too. Also y’all fiend areas make 125th and Lex look like a cake walk.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Some of the best times of my life came from living there

They were also my college years and early professional years.

Now that I'm older with a kid I couldn't do it.

Maybe spend a summer there at most.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
The World Population Review isn't the United States Census. The US Census in 2020 said NY was 22.1% black. The American Community Survey, which is the estimate service sponsored by The Census Bureau, says in '21 it dropped to 20.3%...

There are a litany of articles online that detail the declining black population in NYC over the past 15 years. But like LA, the city is large and its black history is so significant there will ALWAYS be black presence in NY, it doesn't matter how low the population drops...

With Los Angeles, I've shown that LA's black population is past its worst period, which was the 80s thru 00s. Black Los Angeles is still losing population bit its slowed to a slow drip compared to many cities from New York to St Louis to San Francisco, all which are losing their black populations at significantly higher rates...

Our impact on LA culture is the same in terms of influence. LA feels like a city blacker than 8-9% black because of how culturally dominant we are. You can easily see this if you watch how non-black Angelenos demo in lingo, style, dress, etc...

This isn't even a NY or LA thing. It's an American thing, this nation is 15-16% black tops (if you include black Latinos, black biracials, etc); this nation is 15% black but you can feel our impact well beyond that, in most places that have a large black community, we are going to have an outsized influence on the local culture...

That's not a NY or LA thing, bro...

like real talk us going back and forth over my 24% to your 21 is kind of tedious the difference does it even move the needle for a continuously debate so I would say we can put that to bed for now

but going back to my OP the fact that LA makes up 8% of blacks with 50% Mexican/Central American is the main reason I don’t think it’s a better city to live in as a black person. Those people anti-blackness is off the charts and I understand & I hear that things are supposedly way better than they was back in the days , but I still can’t buy it when an elected council woman is caught on tape talking greasy about another council-member saying fukk him because he’s with the blacks and calling that council man, adopted black son a monkey

I’m sorry I just don’t want to be surrounded around people like that, especially when they’re numbers make up the majority of the city

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
like real talk us going back and forth over my 24% to your 21 is kind of tedious the difference does it even move the needle for a continuously debate so I would say we can put that to bed for now

but going back to my OP the fact that LA makes up 8% of blacks with 50% Mexican/Central American is the main reason I don’t think it’s a better city to live in as a black person. Those people anti-blackness is off the charts and I understand & I hear that things are supposedly way better than they was back in the days , but I still can’t buy it when an elected council woman is caught on tape talking greasy about another council-member saying fukk him because he’s with the blacks and calling that council man, adopted black son a monkey

I’m sorry I just don’t want to be surrounded around people like that, especially when they’re numbers make up the majority of the city
The fact that NY is imminently on its way to being less than 20% black is kind of a big deal, I don't think that's tedious at all. I think it's highly relevant to point this put when New Yorkers suggest somewhere else has issues for black people...

That said, I'd agree New York on the whole is probably better for black people than Los Angeles but I think it's marginal. Everywhere out west has fewer black people because the US was colonized from east to west---->not west to east. You and I have had similar conversations in the past where you bring up how light the black population is in California, as if that's California's fault...

If the US was colonized west to east we'd see more black people out west than we do out east...

So I agree NY is probably slightly better for black people but again, I can live in a part of LA that is virtually equivalent to the size of Manhattan and 1 out of every 4 people in that Manhattan-sized area, are black. I can live places in LA and be around mad black culture so for me, it doesn't register that significantly that LA is only 8% black. I can live amongst black Angelenos if I want to, don't forget this dialogue started because you said there are no black people in LA...

I can find racist quotes from politicians and law enforcement in NY too...

Also agree that most non-black Hispanics tend to be racist, I get not wanting to live around them. There's also hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of non-black Hispanics in NY. They aren't less racist 😆

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
fukk that. Born and raised in the county of Dade :blessed:
dudes in here really saying (and believing) NYC women are the finest in America

:russ:

Is that why every timbs and yankee hat wearing fool loses their mind when they get off the plane at MIA and see Miami women?
Been going up top for over 20 years. Family in Brooklyn. Yes there's dimes just like any other place but per capita? on average?
Miami women > and it's no contest.

Another thing: Noo Yawkers poisoned the well down here. We hate all of you because of your constant bytching and moaning 24/7 like heartbroken hoes

"I miss NY"
"It's better in NY"
"NY is the best"

Why TF did you move down here then? fukk OUTTA HERE and go back to your rats and smell and state and city taxes and shyt