I wish i was from NYC

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
i’m not fixated, nor did I ever claim that y’all are under constant barrage or attacks by Mexicans/CA’s
my point is if 51% of them are the population of the city with their anti-blackness why would any black person want to live there and actually following several Youtubers that off from Los Angeles have stated the best thing for Black people to do is move out

now as far as those neighborhoods that you mentioned that are heavily black , wasn’t one of them hoods where, a black woman & her children’s apartment was fire bombs by them ?

now, on to the council woman, it’s doesn’t really matter where she was raised or grew up. What really matters is the fact that she was elected to her position by her own people - which has much power we’re on record she disenfranchised the Black people in a District by not giving them the proper opportunities as her own people and this is even more prevalent, then anything

and for the record, I’m not trying to paint this negative image between the two communities. I’m just going off articles, news, media, and black YouTube content creators that have expressed this sentiment for years/decades
Bruh I already said I'd give NY the edge over LA in terms of places for black people. I don't think it's demonstrable though, because living on the East Coast, I've met hundreds of transplanted New Yorkers and plenty of them, including my youngest daughter's mother, have said they'd never go back to NY...

There's plenty of accounts of Black NYers stating why they left NY and why they won't return. Do I really need to link these accounts? Your conversation always seems to be on some tongue-in-cheek shyt on LA shyt like Black NYers aren't also fighting against racist non-black neighbors and racist, entrenched policies and codes...

That shyt is not unique to LA, is my central point. And no the family that got firebombed were not in any of the neighborhoods I listed, they were in a neighborhood that was like 90% Hispanic. These people wouldn't dare try that shyt in any neighborhood where Black folk are even 20% (because at that point that means we have representation on a gangbanging level too), let alone any of the majority black hoods and hoods where it's close to an even split among us and them....

The majority of tension between us and them is passive and doesn't spill beyond street conflicts. This has been said many times...

Lastly, that councilwoman is the one who got caught voicing her true feelings, rest assured in NY and every other major city there are elected officials who feel the exact same way...

You asked why would black people want to choose to live in LA over NY, I have you my reasons, you just don't like my reasons. 🤣 I know how to move in LA, and we as a people mostly coexist fine with them, and anything I can do in NY I can do in LA, but I get better weather and family ties in LA, I get neither of those in NY. You don't have to like my reasons for preferring LA, bit I've been to NY. There's nothing you can say to convince ME to prefer NY over LA, and I like NY, the one place I would consider living there would be Queens over anywhere else...

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Bruh I already said I'd give NY the edge over LA in terms of places for black people. I don't think it's demonstrable though, because living on the East Coast, I've met hundreds of transplanted New Yorkers and plenty of them, including my youngest daughter's mother, have said they'd never go back to NY...

There's plenty of accounts of Black NYers stating why they left NY and why they won't return. Do I really need to link these accounts? Your conversation always seems to be on some tongue-in-cheek shyt on LA shyt like Black NYers aren't also fighting against racist non-black neighbors and racist, entrenched policies and codes...

That shyt is not unique to LA, is my central point. And no the family that got firebombed were not in any of the neighborhoods I listed, they were in a neighborhood that was like 90% Hispanic. These people wouldn't dare try that shyt in any neighborhood where Black folk are even 20% (because at that point that means we have representation on a gangbanging level too), let alone any of the majority black hoods and hoods where it's close to an even split among us and them....

The majority of tension between us and them is passive and doesn't spill beyond street conflicts. This has been said many times...

Lastly, that councilwoman is the one who got caught voicing her true feelings, rest assured in NY and every other major city there are elected officials who feel the exact same way...

You asked why would black people want to choose to live in LA over NY, I have you my reasons, you just don't like my reasons. 🤣 I know how to move in LA, and we as a people mostly coexist fine with them, and anything I can do in NY I can do in LA, but I get better weather and family ties in LA, I get neither of those in NY. You don't have to like my reasons for preferring LA, bit I've been to NY. There's nothing you can say to convince ME to prefer NY over LA, and I like NY, the one place I would consider living there would be Queens over anywhere else...
I agree

I'm not living in a city where passive aggressive mexicans run shyt

Too many stories

NYC better

Last edited:

3rd Ward Swangin

Superstar
Daps
lmfao not the same at all. You couldn't even tell a ados from a non ados walking down the street in NYC. And it's so much ADOS transplants from other cities here, on Juneteenth, every black person I was with was ados and not from here. LA is literally mad mexicans everywhere
You're just unaware of your surroundings. I can definitely tell the difference even in my city. Even if you can't outwardly tell from appearance. Their whole get down is way different. They also make it hard for us. I've been to school and jobs with them.

They treat us like shyt. I'm glad ya'll finally caught on to Juneteenth up there. It's something we've been celebrating for decades. I seen they brought out their country flags to celebrate our chit :snoop:

BEN23

All Star
Daps
The lack of awareness in this post...

New York is currently around 21% black and in rapid decline, and that black population of 21% is heavily weighted by Brooklyn (27% black) and The Bronx (31% black)...

Queens is 17% black. Manhattan is 13% black. Staten Island is 10% black...

There is no secret that the black population of New York is in rapid decline, so it's funny when you hear you guys says there's no black folk in LA like the vast majority of New York, 79%, are non-black people...

So there's plenty of places someone can live in NY and not be around black folk...

We definitely not about to play this game like there's no anti-blackness in New York City. Are you serious, nikka? 🤣

The Westside of South Central LA (29.5 mi², pop 438k) is almost equivalent in size to Staten Island (58.5 mi², pop 496k), and is 37% black. So for perspective, consider the Westside of South Central basically SI but it's over 3½ times blacker than SI...

South Central LA as a whole has 820,000 residents and is 27% black. So 40% larger than SI, 2.7 times as black...

There's a bubble in the middle of Los Angeles that is essentially the cultural essence of the city for black folk, that encompasses a ton of adjoining areas, including the entirety of South Central, Culver City, Inglewood, Hawthorne, Gardena, Carson, Compton, North Long Beach, Paramount; that has a population of approximately 1.6 million people and has approximately 400,500 black folk...

That ~1.6 million bubble is the same population roughly as Manhattan but is 25% black, while Manhattan, which is economically the most important borough, is only 13% black...

I didn't even map out Central LA or portions of the SGV/SFV that have black people. Those 1.6 million bubble is a larger city by itself than Philly, would be the 6th largest US city by itself if it was its own city; don't tell me an area that is essentially the 6th largest city in the US, and is basically the size of Manhattan, and is around 25% black, has no black people...

Tell me you've never experienced Los Angeles, without telling me you've never experienced Los Angeles, brehs 🤣...

As to why someone like myself would choose LA over NY 10/10 times. Better weather, more scenic, and literally everything you can do in NY you can do in LA...
whens the last time you was in nyc?
and where do you go?

i see some of the comments of people talking about they been to bk once...
if thats the case for anyboro...yall should not talk about nyc

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
The lack of awareness in this post...

New York is currently around 21% black and in rapid decline, and that black population of 21% is heavily weighted by Brooklyn (27% black) and The Bronx (31% black)...

Queens is 17% black. Manhattan is 13% black. Staten Island is 10% black...

There is no secret that the black population of New York is in rapid decline, so it's funny when you hear you guys says there's no black folk in LA like the vast majority of New York, 79%, are non-black people...

So there's plenty of places someone can live in NY and not be around black folk...

We definitely not about to play this game like there's no anti-blackness in New York City. Are you serious, nikka? 🤣

The Westside of South Central LA (29.5 mi², pop 438k) is almost equivalent in size to Staten Island (58.5 mi², pop 496k), and is 37% black. So for perspective, consider the Westside of South Central basically SI but it's over 3½ times blacker than SI...

South Central LA as a whole has 820,000 residents and is 27% black. So 40% larger than SI, 2.7 times as black...

There's a bubble in the middle of Los Angeles that is essentially the cultural essence of the city for black folk, that encompasses a ton of adjoining areas, including the entirety of South Central, Culver City, Inglewood, Hawthorne, Gardena, Carson, Compton, North Long Beach, Paramount; that has a population of approximately 1.6 million people and has approximately 400,500 black folk...

That ~1.6 million bubble is the same population roughly as Manhattan but is 25% black, while Manhattan, which is economically the most important borough, is only 13% black...

I didn't even map out Central LA or portions of the SGV/SFV that have black people. Those 1.6 million bubble is a larger city by itself than Philly, would be the 6th largest US city by itself if it was its own city; don't tell me an area that is essentially the 6th largest city in the US, and is basically the size of Manhattan, and is around 25% black, has no black people...

Tell me you've never experienced Los Angeles, without telling me you've never experienced Los Angeles, brehs 🤣...

As to why someone like myself would choose LA over NY 10/10 times. Better weather, more scenic, and literally everything you can do in NY you can do in LA...

With all due respect, I think New York has a shyt ton more black culture and Black history than California. Hell, Memphis got a bigger scene than LA

When you think black culture, Cali is at the bottom of the list, if ever brought up.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
whens the last time you was in nyc?
and where do you go?

i see some of the comments of people talking about they been to bk once...
if thats the case for anyboro...yall should not talk about nyc
I've been to Manhattan, and it's been a decade since I've been. But I agree with you, I'm no expert on New York----->so let's apply this same standard to the many more cats on here who either haven't spent more than a tourist trip to Cali, or haven't been to Cali at all. These the types who comfortably toss around "there's no black people in LA" who don't realize there's a Manhattan/Philadelphia-sized region of Los Angeles that is 25% black...

So i agree with you, lets keep that same standard for your hometown posters...
With all due respect, I think New York has a shyt ton more black culture and Black history than California. Hell, Memphis got a bigger scene than LA

When you think black culture, Cali is at the bottom of the list, if ever brought up.
Of course they have deeper black history than California, the US was colonized from The East. Why do people say this like it's an insult or somehow California's fault that the US was colonized from The East?

California definitely isn't bottom of the barrel when you think black culture though, as our contributions to The Culture are numerous, from our athletes and entertainers, to our fashion, our art, our movements, our influence, etc. Memphis has deeper black history than Los Angeles but there's no way in hell you can argue Memphis has a deeper cultural impact and influence than Los Angeles---->you'd be struggling to name more than 5 cities with a greater impact on Black Culture than LA, or 5 states with a greater impact on Black Culture than California...

LA and California are easily Top 10 in influence and impact on Black Culture...

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I've been to Manhattan, and it's been a decade since I've been. But I agree with you, I'm no expert on New York----->so let's apply this same standard to the many more cats on here who either haven't spent more than a tourist trip to Cali, or haven't been to Cali at all. These the types who comfortably toss around "there's no black people in LA" who don't realize there's a Manhattan/Philadelphia-sized region of Los Angeles that is 25% black...

So i agree with you, lets keep that same standard for your hometown posters...

Of course they have deeper black history than California, the US was colonized from The East. Why do people say this like it's an insult or somehow California's fault that the US was colonized from The East?

California definitely isn't bottom of the barrel when you think black culture though, as our contributions to The Culture are numerous, from our athletes and entertainers, to our fashion, our art, our movements, our influence, etc. Memphis has deeper black history than Los Angeles but there's no way in hell you can argue Memphis has a deeper cultural impact and influence than Los Angeles---->you'd be struggling to name more than 5 cities with a greater impact on Black Culture than LA, or 5 states with a greater impact on Black Culture than California...

LA and California are easily Top 10 in influence and impact on Black Culture...

In no order.

Bronx
Brooklyn
Houston
New Orleans
Atlanta
DMV
Chicago
LA
Memphis
Detroit

You think LA at the top?:jbhmm:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
In no order.

Bronx
Brooklyn
Houston
New Orleans
Atlanta
DMV
Chicago
LA
Memphis
Detroit

You think LA at the top?:jbhmm:
I said LA is Top 10 and apparently you agree so what are we talking about here?

You're breaking up parts of NY when I can easily do the same and say South Central or Compton by themselves are more influential to black culture than any hood or section of any other city besides NY...

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
A lot of folks I know live upstate, an hour or two away.
Have a friend/family in the city and go there on weekends/holidays.

Move an hour or two away, same cost of living as down south.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
I been thinking about New York too. Would love to move there and live it out a couple years

We all full breh. Trust me.

City is bussin like a canister of Grands biscuits — and I don’t mean that’s it’s delicious.

We actually need around 4 million people to leave we keeping it 100.

Now if you have $1-3 million to spend on a place to live then the experience will be good.