I wish i was from NYC

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I went to a pool party in Canarsie, it was cool.

I'll never forget a quote one of my ex's said about Brooklyn tho.

She said her friend went out there to a party once and ended up getting shot in the ass :mjlol: :bryan: :picard:
U sleep can’t even front Brooklyn is lit. Its nice as shyt over there too :wow:

Bronx is truly in the beginning stages of gentrification compared to BK :picard:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
The fact that NY is imminently on its way to being less than 20% black is kind of a big deal, I don't think that's tedious at all. I think it's highly relevant to point this put when New Yorkers suggest somewhere else has issues for black people...

That said, I'd agree New York on the whole is probably better for black people than Los Angeles but I think it's marginal. Everywhere out west has fewer black people because the US was colonized from east to west---->not west to east. You and I have had similar conversations in the past where you bring up how light the black population is in California, as if that's California's fault...

If the US was colonized west to east we'd see more black people out west than we do out east...

So I agree NY is probably slightly better for black people but again, I can live in a part of LA that is virtually equivalent to the size of Manhattan and 1 out of every 4 people in that Manhattan-sized area, are black. I can live places in LA and be around mad black culture so for me, it doesn't register that significantly that LA is only 8% black. I can live amongst black Angelenos if I want to, don't forget this dialogue started because you said there are no black people in LA...

I can find racist quotes from politicians and law enforcement in NY too...

Also agree that most non-black Hispanics tend to be racist, I get not wanting to live around them. There's also hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of non-black Hispanics in NY. They aren't less racist 😆

:snoop:

you seem to have this fascination about the decline of the black population in NYC which I thought we was going to move on from … but anyways after reading your post I did a quick Google search and the top 3 references came up …. see below

Wikipedia says the black population is 25.1%
the world population which I previously post it says 23.8%
the US census says 23.4%.

so I have no idea why you continuously have this narrative when he clearly isn’t that true now I would admit, and I have posted this several times previously that they are alarming number of blacks, who have left the city over the past quarter of the century going back to the late 90s
the problem is once they leave they get replace immediately by black immigrants who come here every day so the numbers are a bit lower than they was in the 90s but it’s not that much off

And hopefully that is the end of this NYC black population discussion because I really am more interested in having a dialogue about the anti-black, Mexicans/CA’s in the city of Los Angeles - especially with the fact of them, making up more than half of the city

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
I feel that. and I think that was the main reason I moved to NYC above all else I felt like I fit in more there than Pittsburgh. And I was...right. :mjlol:

I miss NYC, some of the greatest experiences I had in my life were there, met the best people, very woke and pro-black/conscious..always something to do. The nightlife is amazing. Very diverse. Very vibrant. Very eclectic. You get the best of everything. Just really expensive and hard to do unless you a born and raised New Yorker or you're making above $100k. NYC really is the greatest city on planet earth.
Breh, I don’t think it’s possible for us to fit in in Pittsburgh. I was born & raised in the middle of Beltzhoover/Mt Oliver and somehow didn’t fit in…

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
dudes in here really saying (and believing) NYC women are the finest in America

:russ:

Is that why every timbs and yankee hat wearing fool loses their mind when they get off the plane at MIA and see Miami women?
Been going up top for over 20 years. Family in Brooklyn. Yes there's dimes just like any other place but per capita? on average?
Miami women > and it's no contest.

Another thing: Noo Yawkers poisoned the well down here. We hate all of you because of your constant bytching and moaning 24/7 like heartbroken hoes

"I miss NY"
"It's better in NY"
"NY is the best"

Why TF did you move down here then? fukk OUTTA HERE and go back to your rats and smell and state and city taxes and shyt

Never understood it.

Why the fukk y’all leave if it’s this or that.

GOAT city but NYC transplants are like a virus across the country. Stay home :childplease: :unimpressed:

:duck: bullshyt. :duck:

The overwhelming majority of NYCers whom leave to Florida or any warm weather state are usually much old and for the record they don’t even talk like that.

Miss me with that bullshyt.

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
I wouldn't want to live in NYC with so few Ados either. It's the same thing to be honest.
lmfao not the same at all. You couldn't even tell a ados from a non ados walking down the street in NYC. And it's so much ADOS transplants from other cities here, on Juneteenth, every black person I was with was ados and not from here. LA is literally mad mexicans everywhere

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
:snoop:

you seem to have this fascination about the decline of the black population in NYC which I thought we was going to move on from … but anyways after reading your post I did a quick Google search and the top 3 references came up …. see below

Wikipedia says the black population is 25.1%
the world population which I previously post it says 23.8%
the US census says 23.4%.

so I have no idea why you continuously have this narrative when he clearly isn’t that true now I would admit, and I have posted this several times previously that they are alarming number of blacks, who have left the city over the past quarter of the century going back to the late 90s
the problem is once they leave they get replace immediately by black immigrants who come here every day so the numbers are a bit lower than they was in the 90s but it’s not that much off

And hopefully that is the end of this NYC black population discussion because I really am more interested in having a dialogue about the anti-black, Mexicans/CA’s in the city of Los Angeles - especially with the fact of them, making up more than half of the city
The Latinos are only on disturbing anti-black time in areas where there are no consequences for those actions, hoods that are like 80%+ Hispanics. Even then it's rare, it's not like there's an every single day fight for your life if you live in LA around Hispanics...

My guess would be, that the councilwoman who shared those anti-black sentiments, most likely didn't grow up in a hood with a large black population...

If you live in that Manhattan-sized bubble that I outlined earlier, you most likely will not face any physical threats from Hispanics, again that bubble is 25% black, there are majority black neighborhoods in that bubble (Leimert Park, Baldwin Hills-Crenshaw, Ladera Heights, Morningside, Inglewood Bottoms, North Inglewood, Gramercy Park, West Athens, Manchester Square, Hyde Park, View Park-Windsor Hills), and there are a plethora of neighborhoods where the Black-Hispanic populations are relatively close to even...

These aren't the neighborhoods you hear Hispanics fukking with us in...

By and large most Hispanics abd us live around each other fine in LA. Yes we know these muhfukkas are racist but some of them are allies and fukk with us hard and vice versa. It's no different than knowing there are racist Hispanics in NYC but knowing many of them are cordial with us...

I don't know another way to describe it. You're fixated on this thing as if we are under this constant barrage of uncomfortability with Hispanics in LA and it isnt true...

I have two siblings, a brother and sister, whose mother is Mexican-American. My sister lives in LA now, my brother is in Sac, both of them grew up mainly in San Diego. So I guess part of this is, I've seen too many cordial Black/Hispanic relationships, in general I don't trust any non-blacks but I can't co-sign portraying us as if we live under a state of emergency with these muhfukkas in LA. That's not the case...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
lmfao not the same at all. You couldn't even tell a ados from a non ados walking down the street in NYC. And it's so much ADOS transplants from other cities here, on Juneteenth, every black person I was with was ados and not from here. LA is literally mad mexicans everywhere
You dudes just be throwing out shyt, of course LA is mostly Mexican but I can drop you off in majority black hoods in LA and you'll see nothing but black faces fir a minute...

Insecure was on for 4-5 years and yall STILL think there's no black people in LA 🤣...

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
:duck: bullshyt. :duck:

The overwhelming majority of NYCers whom leave to Florida or any warm weather state are usually much old and for the record they don’t even talk like that.

Miss me with that bullshyt.
Imagine thinking only old NYCers are rushing to Miami, Tampa, and shyt in droves.

Nah, you right. We’re making it up. :unimpressed:

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
Never understood it.

Why the fukk y’all leave if it’s this or that.

GOAT city but NYC transplants are like a virus across the country. Stay home :childplease: :unimpressed:
This right here. NYC is greatest of all time but entire generations of families are down here living in country ass towns like Kissimmee :stopitslime:

Miami all day everyday over New York

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
You dudes just be throwing out shyt, of course LA is mostly Mexican but I can drop you off in majority black hoods in LA and you'll see nothing but black faces fir a minute...

Insecure was on for 4-5 years and yall STILL think there's no black people in LA 🤣...
I've been to LA and there are pockets of black people, but that guy was saying he's okay with a place being low numbers of black people if their ados as opposed to a place with a lot of black people some ados some not, is the dumbest shyt I ever read

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
The Latinos are only on disturbing anti-black time in areas where there are no consequences for those actions, hoods that are like 80%+ Hispanics. Even then it's rare, it's not like there's an every single day fight for your life if you live in LA around Hispanics...

My guess would be, that the councilwoman who shared those anti-black sentiments, most likely didn't grow up in a hood with a large black population...

If you live in that Manhattan-sized bubble that I outlined earlier, you most likely will not face any physical threats from Hispanics, again that bubble is 25% black, there are majority black neighborhoods in that bubble (Leimert Park, Baldwin Hills-Crenshaw, Ladera Heights, Morningside, Inglewood Bottoms, North Inglewood, Gramercy Park, West Athens, Manchester Square, Hyde Park, View Park-Windsor Hills), and there are a plethora of neighborhoods where the Black-Hispanic populations are relatively close to even...

These aren't the neighborhoods you hear Hispanics fukking with us in...

By and large most Hispanics abd us live around each other fine in LA. Yes we know these muhfukkas are racist but some of them are allies and fukk with us hard and vice versa. It's no different than knowing there are racist Hispanics in NYC but knowing many of them are cordial with us...

I don't know another way to describe it. You're fixated on this thing as if we are under this constant barrage of uncomfortability with Hispanics in LA and it isnt true...

I have two siblings, a brother and sister, whose mother is Mexican-American. My sister lives in LA now, my brother is in Sac, both of them grew up mainly in San Diego. So I guess part of this is, I've seen too many cordial Black/Hispanic relationships, in general I don't trust any non-blacks but I can't co-sign portraying us as if we live under a state of emergency with these muhfukkas in LA. That's not the case...

i’m not fixated, nor did I ever claim that y’all are under constant barrage or attacks by Mexicans/CA’s
my point is if 51% of them are the population of the city with their anti-blackness why would any black person want to live there and actually following several Youtubers that off from Los Angeles have stated the best thing for Black people to do is move out

now as far as those neighborhoods that you mentioned that are heavily black , wasn’t one of them hoods where, a black woman & her children’s apartment was fire bombs by them ?

now, on to the council woman, it’s doesn’t really matter where she was raised or grew up. What really matters is the fact that she was elected to her position by her own people - which has much power we’re on record she disenfranchised the Black people in a District by not giving them the proper opportunities as her own people and this is even more prevalent, then anything

and for the record, I’m not trying to paint this negative image between the two communities. I’m just going off articles, news, media, and black YouTube content creators that have expressed this sentiment for years/decades

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Imagine thinking only old NYCers are rushing to Miami, Tampa, and shyt in droves.

Nah, you right. We’re making it up. :unimpressed:

:what:

but that doesn’t make any sense

why would a young person who was born and raised in NYC whom loves it here be forced to move to Miami or Tampa where they don’t want to be