I think Trae Young is better than Curry

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
There's nobody in the NBA they would trade Trae for. Your not understanding what makes Trae so valuable he gets everybody involved and feeds them easy buckets while still putting up big numbers himself and his confidence is unmatched right now. I guarantee you if Warriors called and offered Curry Hawks hang up the phone
That's a no brainer but I don't like this thread because both are different. They don't even play the same position.

One is a hybrid guard, the other is a point guard. They both are guards but they impact the game differently

Last edited:

Streetcar

All Star
Daps
Anybody who has seen my posts know I’m actually big on Trae and am a fan of his game. I think he’s got big things coming and am eager to see him in his prime.

That being said these Skip Bayless ass takes are absolutely ridiculous. :bryan:

Make no mistake not only is Trae not “better” (casual take by default) he’s not even within 2 tiers of him. He needs to surpass Luka and Dame first before even thinking about seeing a top 2 PG OAT.:dahell:

Trae is about a better passer and foul baiting. Otherwise Steph is eons ahead in every other field, even his floater game isn’t touching Steph and that’s one of his better go to moves.

I don’t understand how one can claim be a hoop fan and say dumb shyt like this. It’s like trolling.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Anybody who has seen my posts know I’m actually big on Trae and am a fan of his game. I think he’s got big things coming and am eager to see him in his prime.

Make no mistake not only is Trae not “better” (casual take by default) he’s not even within 2 tiers of him. He needs to surpass Luka and Dame first before even thinking about seeing a top 2 PG OAT.:dahell:

Trae is about a better passer and foul baiting. Otherwise Steph is eons ahead in every other field, even his floater game isn’t touching Steph and that’s one of his better go to moves.

I don’t understand how one can claim be a hoop fan and say dumb shyt like this. It’s like trolling.
This board is awful.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Only SLIGHT disagreement I have is the floater game. I think its almost as good as Steph's, but I admit I'm kind of biased because I see Trae use his floater much, much more to setup his game than Steph does. That boy basically bends the defense and gets lobs and easy spacing because he relies on it so much to abuse bigs. shyt is an art.

But yea he still ain't touching Steph overall. Trae's largest strength is his playmaking, Steph's is his shooting. They play nothing alike.

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
I really hate how much people overrate Curry's 2015 teams just to knock Curry. Saying Curry had Draymond and Iggy... like as if those guys careers haven't been immortalized thanks to Steph.

The same way no one thought the Hawks would be this good... is the same way no one thought Curry was gonna lead those Warriors teams to the Finals.

Career wise, is Danillo Gallinari is not that much different than Iguodala - both were players that have averaged high teens in PPG, and have worked as the 4th option on their teams.

Draymond Green would not be another team's 3rd option on a championship team if he didn't play with Steph. That's a fact. He would have gotten traded. There's a reason why he didn't even play much his rookie year: his skillset is unique, and most players wouldn't work with him. If Draymond played with LeBron, LeBron would have traded him by year 3 :mjlol:

Klay is great, but again, a lot of other teams would have held his lack of ball handling against him and he would have to be a team's 3rd or 4th option, because again, he can't ballhandle.

The reality is that Steph winning 65+ games with those guys, and making 2 finals, through the west, is a testament to his greatness. Those guys are good players, but there's a reason people didn't believe in those teams: that roster was not a typical 70 win roster. Again, if LeBron played with Green, Iguodala, and Klay, he would have gone LeGm mode and traded Draymond. They help Curry defensively, but Curry literally allows them to play 4 on 3 every possession.

Young is great right now, but I'm not down with people trying to act as if those Warriors teams in 2015 and 2016 were crazy stacked teams that carried Curry. It's revisionist history.

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
Curry has played in 40+ conference games and never scored as many points (48) as Trae did in his first.

Steph has never been the best player on the court in his finals appearances (bron, KD, Kawhi) while Trae just out played a 2 time MVP in Giannis. Y'all keep sleepin doe

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Curry has played in 40+ conference games and never scored as many points (48) as Trae did in his first.

Steph has never been the best player on the court in his finals appearances (bron, KD, Kawhi) while Trae just out played a 2 time MVP in Giannis. Y'all keep sleepin doe

Yeah I’m officially on board with the OPs take … fukk that other shyt they’re trying to juel-ize :damn: