Pelicans Prefer Dejounte Murray Over Trae Young In Trade

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I think they are dangling Ingram out there for Murray or Garland on the Cavs and it wouldn’t be a bad trade for any of those teams.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Pelicans are dumb. Trae Young with Zion would be absolutely amazing. That pick and roll 2 man game would make their offense absolutely elite

Dejounte Murray on the Pelicans will basically be another Brandon Ingram at the point guard position

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Man seeing this name reminds of when the coli was hyping up murray and saying pop was holding him back :unimpressed:

Last edited:

fscballin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dumbest move in Pelicans history and it will cause Zion to bounce. Zion is the point guard and needs to have the ball in his hands 85% of the time when he’s on the court. BI was the best non big 2nd option because he easily slid in as the number 1 whenever Zion was resting or hurt. Trae Young or Dejaunte Murray as your second option, in the SW division alone, is laughable. Trae would be scary playing with Embiid, AD or Wembenyama, but that’s it. Dejaunte and Herb is a great defensive backcourt, but Pels identity was wing depth and two number 1 options that were learning to play together and were putting the league on notice and had a great chance to have the best record in Pels history until BI got hurt in his 70th game. Ingrams not resigning with the Cavs. I’d be shocked if he did. No offense but Cleveland does not rock. They do have a nice little roster tho. I’m looking forward to seeing BI pair up wit Jalen Johnson. That will be very interesting. Throw in a 6’8” 3 and D monster in Hunter next to those 2 and the Hawks gain a completely new identity. DeJaunte could work perhaps as the PG but I can’t see Trae fitting in. Alex Caruso would be perfect tbh. Hawks already have the number 1 pick, they might be able to get the #4 or #8 from the Spurs, if they traded Trae. Who knows. But Ingram could finally get his own team where he’s allowed to be number 1 without a jealous vet tryna steal all the shine all of the time.

horizon

Superstar
Daps
They are not giving away Ingram for Murray or Trae and this is where the phone call ends. Hawks will find another team that gives away some assets to get one of those two.
They would give up Ingram for Murray in an instant and if push came to shove if Trae and Zion said they want to play together then they'd 100% trade BI