i think "hypergamy" is a lie..was outside and seen so many couples

invalid

Banned
Daps
What does 80/20 rule have to deal with

80% of women go after the same guys. Not sure that I believe that but that has nothing to do with hypergamy.

Hypergamy is what the aristocracy practices. In the black community, it takes the form of the blue vein paper bag societies. It's a practice by the upper classes to preserve wealth and status.

Most black people are not marrying into those families. They are only marrying into other black families at the bottom. Doesn't matter if some folks have become successful ballers, entertainers, or whatever. Those folks don't come from the blue vein families so they're not really marrying up. So all of this talk with black people about hypergamy is funny because they don't really know what it is and they are not practicing it. It's like people having access to rich people on social media and think that because they can buy designer, like the rich people, that they are somehow on their level and can do the same things that they can do.. All this talk about hypergamy needs to stop because it don't involve the majority of black people.

If you're not marrying one of the wealthy black descendants of George Washington or Benjamin Banneker that you met summering on Martha's Vineyard, shut up, you're not practicing hypergamy.

Last edited:

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
80% of women go after the same guys. Not sure that I believe that but that has nothing to do with hypergamy.

Hypergamy is what the aristocracy practices. In the black community, it takes the form of the blue vein paper bag societies. It's a practice by the upper classes to preserve wealth and status.

Most black people are not marrying into those families. They are only marrying into other black families at the bottom. Doesn't matter if some folks have become successful ballers, entertainers, or whatever. Those folks don't come from the blue vein families so they're not really marrying up. So all of this talk with black people about hypergamy is funny because they don't really know what it is and they are not practicing it. It's like people having access to rich people on social media and think that because they can buy designer, like the rich people, that they are somehow on their level and can do the same things that they can do.. All this talk about hypergamy needs to stop because it don't involve the majority of black people.

If you're not marrying one of the wealthy black descendants of George Washington or Benjamin Banneker that you met summering on Martha's Vineyard, shut up, you're not practicing hypergamy.
Dap and rep

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea a lot of Men got a sense of entitlement. “I have a degree so I deserve quality women” or “Black women only like thugs, I’m too intelligent” it just screams no p*ssy. That mentality is why women aren’t attracted to them. Tbh women care more about how you make them feel vs. how you look. A lotta nikkas use man logic when it comes to women but we two different species

This is true,but I will say there is an added element that I don't think a lot of us who are older heads had to experience.
The social media beast comes into play now with how you make them feel.
The women of this era put alot of importance into their social media personas.
And even if they aren't on it,they are watching other women who are.
Everyone knows how competitive women always have been with other women. And they are now competeting with women who they don't even know in real life:wow:
Many women of this era also want a man who makes them look good to strangers,in terms of appearance. Looking good to others makes women feel good also.
Might need a man with good looks,clout or money to help them pull that off.
Still don't think its as bad as people claim. But its a numbers game,they may just have to approach more women to fight through the weeds that are the modern women.
#IfYourNotAlreadyMarriedYourTooLate:francis:

Low_key

Pro
Daps
Reppin
410 the circuit city
This is true,but I will say there is an added element that I don't think a lot of us who are older heads had to experience.
The social media beast comes into play now with how you make them feel.
The women of this era put alot of importance into their social media personas.
And even if they aren't on it,they are watching other women who are.
Everyone knows how competitive women always have been with other women. And they are now competeting with women who they don't even know in real life:wow:
Many women of this era also want a man who makes them look good to strangers,in terms of appearance. Looking good to others makes women feel good also.
Might need a man with good looks,clout or money to help them pull that off.
Still don't think its as bad as people claim. But its a numbers game,they may just have to approach more women to fight through the weeds that are the modern women.
#IfYourNotAlreadyMarriedYourTooLate:francis:
Yea bro I’m 26 so I ain’t old head status quite yet lol but social media definitely adds more nuance to the dating game but once you learn how to manipulate it on some slick shyt you can eat. Plus the internet exposes you to who’s a bird and whose not because women literally post everything they do. I try to look at it like a cheat code

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this is what make the enclaves of incels seem silly at times

spend some time outside and you will see men of all types get in and have a women with them.
Of course all types of men can get in a relationship, but how many can get chosen for casual sex