I started Elden Ring a few days ago and sorry but Bloodborne absolutely shyts all over this game

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Without summons, I’d say the hardest of ER is definitely harder than BB. Summons exist tho, and are win buttons :pachaha: I imagine ER God builds also run laps around BB just out of variety. They can’t balance everything. It depends on how you look at it I guess. I definitely got my ass whooped worse in ER, but I always knew in the back of my mind I had help. I felt helpless fighting that fukking Orphan

You can also easily over level in elden ring just because of the structure of the game. Bloodborne has the typical Fromsoft skill checks, theres not many places you can go if you’re stuck at a boss, outside of farming vials

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It is.

Once you learn to parry every fight is pretty much the same.

With Elden ring you CAN make the fights easier with summons and stuff, but that’s because they are more difficult up front.
That’s only regular sized enemies tho. Those are the best fights tbf but the beast fights work a lot different than most of their games with no real defensive options, other than dashing where you risking 2x damage

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It is.

Once you learn to parry every fight is pretty much the same.

With Elden ring you CAN make the fights easier with summons and stuff, but that’s because they are more difficult up front.

This is nonsense. Not everything can be easily parried. You can literally apply that logic to every single Fromsoft game, even elden ring.

All you gotta do is look at the completion rates for both games, elden rings is already way higher than bloodborne. Its why so many casual gamers got into it because theres so many different gameplay assist to make it more accessible.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is nonsense. Not everything can be easily parried. You can literally apply that logic to every single Fromsoft game, even elden ring.

All you gotta do is look at the completion rates for both games, elden rings is already way higher than bloodborne. Its why so many casual gamers got into it because theres so many different gameplay assist to make it more accessible.
Hey man, dude in the video agrees with me.

Bloodborne can be finsished with the same weapon/strategy for the entire game. Once you get the general combat strategy down, the challenge is very forgiving. You move faster, dodges are more powerful and forgiving, parry timing is a lot more forgiving, enemies, especially bosses telegraph their moves more noticeably. He goes into great detail in the video.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If you play Bloodborne how it was intended aka parry the shyt out of everything, the difficulty of the game is a joke.

And if you play elden ring the way it was intended with summons, spirit Ashes, and moderate exploration the difficulty is also a joke. I find it way harder to parry someone like Gerhman or Kos than it is to summon a mimic or black knife

Sure, spend hours upon hours learning how to parry a extremely difficult boss, thats like the nature of the game that requires practice. Far harder to exploit that then simply overpowering a boss

And im not even sure how thats debatable

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Elden Ring is in no way more challenging than bloodborne lol
I played Elden Ring first out of all the from software games and I think ER was harder than Bloodborne. I went straight into bloodborne out of Elden Ring and didn't have much of a learning curve. Malenia was harder than any boss in Bloodborne.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I played Elden Ring first out of all the from software games and I think ER was harder than Bloodborne. I went straight into bloodborne out of Elden Ring and didn't have much of a learning curve. Malenia was harder than any boss in Bloodborne.

I believe you, most people say their first game is the hardest

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps

I dunno about that at all. Malenia stunlocked under pressure way too easy :francis:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Another gripe: having a shield rather than a gun is a downgrade since the shield can't deflect heavy attacks from even human sized NPCs, while the gun in BB could parry much larger humanoid enemies

And since you can't regain health by attacking your enemy after he attacks you you're basically stuck with a limited health pool with no chance of reliably chaining together a sequence of visceral attacks

:camby:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Another gripe: having a shield rather than a gun is a downgrade since the shield can't deflect heavy attacks from even human sized NPCs, while the gun in BB could parry much larger humanoid enemies

And since you can't regain health by attacking your enemy after he attacks you you're basically stuck with a limited health pool with no chance of reliably chaining together a sequence of visceral attacks

:camby:
This isn’t true. There are some builds you can work with that would allow you to deflect heavy attacks with a shield. And gain health through aggressive attacks.

That’s the point. Elden ring let’s you do what you want and give you the tools to do it. Bloodborne you are pigeonholed into one style of play.