I started Elden Ring a few days ago and sorry but Bloodborne absolutely shyts all over this game

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Yeah spend those runes. Early on I feel like while there are some items that may be worth getting like the recipes from the vendors or arrows, you’ll mostly want to spend them on leveling up. Over the course of the game that’ll scale and most items will be chump change relative to the amount of runes you get from higher enemies.

Also armor isnt SUPER important outside of poise and weight so unless you really like the look or need something specific, don’t worry about spending money on it. Like if you want to play a fast character some heavy armor is not gonna work well with that playstyle because it will slow down your dodge, or the opposite if you play a tanky character you’ll want the heavier stuff with higher Poise because you can tank through hits better. The Poise and Weight stats of armor and how they work with your character is most important. Your weight load will either be light, Medium, or heavy which is relative to the armor you’re wearing and your strength stat. A Light equip load has a faster, further dodge animation while Heavy is crazy slow.
What's the best starting build in your opinion? I chose Confessor, but only because I wanted the broadsword

I wanted to go with Astrologer, but the R1 attack is pretty weird, and has a long windup

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
What's the best starting build in your opinion? I chose Confessor, but only because I wanted the broadsword

I wanted to go with Astrologer, but the R1 attack is pretty weird, and has a long windup

Confessor is a solid, balanced class

Ultimately it’s just your base stats and starting equipment, you can make your build into anything over time. I started with samurai so I could use bows and the katana which I used all the way to the end, but if I had to pick something else to start with I’d choose confessor because it has the sword/shield combo (super useful for dungeon crawling IMO) and the ability to use incantation spells.

I feel like your weapon type is what determines your playstyle the most. I loved the katana moveset so I stuck with that but across 2 playthroughs I’ve experimented with all kinds of weapons I’ve collected over time. Early on if you find new weapons try experimenting with them because you never know what will resonate with you. Once you know what you like, try mastering the weapon and figure out the most optimal way to use it in various scenarios. Also the Ashes of War or special attack for the weapon is super important. For example You may like axes but certain Ashes of War may be better for your build or playstyle, so that’s another thing to mess around with and see what works for you

FExtraLife on YouTube has a lot of good build ideas and even just looking at some of those may help you figure out what you want to do

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Bet, I'm picking it up this weekend. if its wack I'm negging all you folks.

:ufdup:

Sekiro has my favorite combat of all time :wow:

It forces you to be aggressive with your parries and fights feel like actual duels. There’s a steep learning curve but once it clicks it becomes super satisfying and rewarding to play. You still have a decent amount of choice in regard to what abilities and powers you can use, it’s just more streamlined and more comparable to progression in modern action games vs an RPG

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man yall really let these lames devolve every thread into a trollolol sony stans idiocy fest. Goofs aint even had breakfast yet foaming at the mouth to start a day of xbot shytposting

ER my goat soul game but you cant be mad at anyone picking that, ds3 or bb, or the og all phenomenal games.

Well OP did that when he compared it to GOW rag in the opening post:beli:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Man yall really let these lames devolve every thread into a trollolol sony stans idiocy fest. Goofs aint even had breakfast yet foaming at the mouth to start a day of xbot shytposting

ER my goat soul game but you cant be mad at anyone picking that, ds3 or bb, or the og all phenomenal games.

sony stans :mjlol:

:russ: Meach got that response ready to go on his clipboard

What an odd exchange