I started Elden Ring a few days ago and sorry but Bloodborne absolutely shyts all over this game

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
I really fukk with the gothic atmosphere of BB. I wish wish wish they could make ER with that style. fukking sick of medieval shyt, Victorian era stuff is underutilized

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I really fukk with the gothic atmosphere of BB. I wish wish wish they could make ER with that style. fukking sick of medieval shyt, Victorian era stuff is underutilized

Its not my favorite aesthetic but i appreciate its originality when compared to the rest of the souls games. The biggest problem i have ith demon’s souls through elden ring is that a lot of the games just blend together.

Bloodborne has its own identity, aesthetically, gameplay wise, and story wise. Everything about the game just feels like its own one of a kind universe, theres not much like it in gaming.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Facts, ain’t no way BB is better than ER.

Dudes get mad when i say it but BB gets overrated by virtue of being PS4 first big exclusive game.

Was lots of peoples first “souls” game.

BB is the favorite for casual souls fans. @Gizmo_Duck :ufdup:

Just off technical performance alone ain’t no way BB is better. Crappy ass framerate, long load times, muddy ass graphics. On top of the actual gameplay being limited and one note throughout the whole thing.

BB was fun despite all of that, but ain’t no way you can put it above ER which actually fixed all that and added so much more.

Feel this passionately about why BB isn’t that great but be hyped about Lies and Pies breh

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
The biggest problem i have ith demon’s souls through elden ring is that a lot of the games just blend together.
Gift and a curse for FROM. They were able to fine tune the Souls formula because all the pieces were interchangeable. But it makes everything outside the gameplay stale.

I’m hoping Armored Core takes off so they can give us an alternative to the medieval and samurai(nioh)

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
ER is FAR better than Bloodborne. I don't even understand how you can compare the two. ER has a Better world. Better gameplay. Better everything. Bloodborne has become one of the most overrated games of all time. And I think it was a 9/10. But elden ring is 10/10.

Bloodbornes world was too bland. The whole game just felt repetitive. Elden ring has dark ass dungeons and beautiful cities with vibrant colors. First few days I was underwhelmed by it. But after getting deeper the shyt had me in disbelief. I have no idea how they can fit all this shyt in a game. Comparing this shyt to Bloodborne is laughable to me. This is hands down FS's Magnum opus.
I made a whole thread about how overrated Bloodborne is and nikkas tried to come for my head for it when I basically said the same shyt, add in the fact that Bloodborne only has one style of play as well. I still said it was a great game, just it has become overrated as shyt. Then again Bloodborne was most peoples first FromSoft game.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Now hold on, my nikkas, let's not get ahead of ourselves

Elden Ring is incoherent as fukk and I refuse to believe anyone finished this game without looking at a guide about where to go next

There's absoulutely NO throughline, it's just one dungeon after another, all converging in some final boss battle at the end of the game (which I haven't reached yet)

BB story was simple and the motivations were clear. It didn't overstay its welcome, and I've played it at least 10 times. I doubt I'll be doing an NG+ run of Elden Ring simply because of how annoying many of the locations are.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

Elden Ring is incoherent as fukk and I refuse to believe anyone finished this game without looking at a guide about where to go next

There's absoulutely NO throughline, it's just one dungeon after another, all converging in some final boss battle at the end of the game (which I haven't reached yet)

BB story was simple and the motivations were clear. It didn't overstay its welcome, and I've played it at least 10 times. I doubt I'll be doing an NG+ run of Elden Ring simply because of how annoying many of the locations are.
Elden Ring is open world. You can make it all the way to the capital without having fought a single demigod. You can go about Elden Ring however you want to. You don't need a guide just play the game.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

If you follow the sights of grace you can make it through the game without a guide.

I really didn’t use a guide till i got towards the end of the game looking for the correct upgrade stones.

Remember for those of us that played it around launch there were no guides, you just had to go at it. Exploration was natural and rewarding.

My second playthrough i went through with a guide to try out some specific builds and to do some side quests i missed.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Elden Ring is open world. You can make it all the way to the capital without having fought a single demigod. You can go about Elden Ring however you want to. You don't need a guide just play the game.
But how will you make it to Altus Plateau without finding the two halves of that medallion?

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
See this is the shyt I'm talking about

After killing countless irritating enemies I reached the boss room in Leyndell and it's locked with a seal. No clue what seal or where to find it. Too much busywork in this game, I ain't got time fo dat

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
See this is the shyt I'm talking about

After killing countless irritating enemies I reached the boss room in Leyndell and it's locked with a seal. No clue what seal or where to find it. Too much busywork in this game, I ain't got time fo dat
One of the only things they make very clear early on in the game is that you can’t access lyndel until you complete a very specific task.

You got some fighting to do :ufdup:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
One of the only things they make very clear early on in the game is that you can’t access lyndel until you complete a very specific task.

You got some fighting to do :ufdup:
:mjcry: why, man

I did all the Volcano Manor shyt, I did everything else I can think of, I don't even really care about the bosses, I'm just trying to make it to the Mountaintops of the Giants so I can get some Sober smithing stones 7s and 8s to max out my Bloodhound's Fang

Why these nikkas gotta make everything so convoluted