I saw Godzilla tonight

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
I'm still :wow: at Godzilla lettin them Mutos cook a bit before putting them both away like they were light work.

nikka is a showmen, really had me like :lupe: when he was gettin jumped.
werdum.jpg

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cloverfield is trash but Pacific Rim is so much better than Godzilla its not even close.

There isn't a single aspect of Godzilla thats better than Pacific Rim. Monster fights? Character development? Story? Overall movie? Hell no.

This Godzilla is only better than '98 Godzilla and thats not saying much.

The acting, character development and cheesiness factor were better in Godzilla, my dude. The dialogue in Pacific Rim and character development was cringe-worthy.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
The acting, character development and cheesiness factor were better in Godzilla, my dude. The dialogue in Pacific Rim and character development was cringe-worthy.

The pacific rim actors had way more personality and charisma though. They ain't have much to work with but they pulled it off. They killed off their best actor at the beginning of Godzilla :mindblown:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The pacific rim actors had way more personality and charisma though. They ain't have much to work with but they pulled it off. They killed off their best actor at the beginning of Godzilla :mindblown:

I felt like I was watching an episode of Power Rangers at times, that's how cliche some of the acting was. The whole "karate fight training turns into intimate touching" plot device tool is overdone. Th best part of Pacific Rim was the actual robot battles. They were GOAT in my earnest opinion.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I felt like I was watching an episode of Power Rangers at times, that's how cliche some of the acting was. The whole "karate fight training turns into intimate touching" plot device tool is overdone. Th best part of Pacific Rim was the actual robot battles. They were GOAT in my earnest opinion.

It was supposed to be a fun film with action. The script/writing was basic but there was better character development in this than Godzilla. And they had way better fights.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
66 percent drop predicts my prophetic posts. They got the first set of dummies now the fall off begins. shyt Was TRASH And People See That now.
it had a lower drop rate than Winter Soldier and Amazing Spider-Man 2 in the same time frame.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
still haven't met anyone offline that dislikes the movie...only negatives people have against it are kick ass's acting and him surviving everything....besides that, people rock with it....

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there was basically nothing in this movie i haven't seen
Except for that atomic breath. 28 other Godzilla films you could check out if you are interested. If you do check out the japanese sub over the usually bad and altered english dub.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was supposed to be a fun film with action. The script/writing was basic but there was better character development in this than Godzilla. And they had way better fights.

Basic writing and script shouldn't be a positive. Pacific Rim's plot, dialogue and scenes outside fighting lacked intelligence and depth of emotion. Idris elba's character made a rousing, worldly speech during that movie, but I don't even remember what he said because the writing was so mediocre. Meanwhile I remember everything from action features like 300 because the writing was intelligent and deep. If Pacific Rim had better characters and dialogue--better writing in general--it would have been a better movie. Why spend 100 million on special effects to only neglect writing quality and story?

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This movie is flawed as all hell, Taylor-Johnson is uncharismatic as fukk and the story ranges from generic to nonsensical...

...and I still can't wait to see it again :whew:

The "Halo Jump" sequence is fukking CLASSIC.

I might consider a second viewing if it had been between 75 and 90 minutes.