I saw Godzilla tonight

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
movie was incredible. I don't know some you guys were watching. I didnt even realize godzilla wasnt shown in full for an hour cause I was enjoying seeing the mutos wreck shyt. I didnt read spoilers or nothing before hand so I wasnt expecting other monsters. I loved every minute of it. Monster mayehm is monster mayhem.. who cares if its not godzilla in the first half. The action, effects, and IMAX 3D was some of best Ive seen. I think that's some of you guys problem is that you read up the flicks so much you spoil it for yourselves.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From someone who has seen every Godzilla Film, this one was a disappointment. I figured that GZ was going to be shown later in the film for build up but not as late as they did. I Remember when people use to bytch about the Hulk(2003) film being boring cause he wasn't shown until 45 mins in the movie. This beats that.
Action scenes were tight but GZ had very little screen time and the military seem to be the main characters in this film. Also the Japanese characters weren't used well. The GZ Roar was great and glad they did his Atomic Breath cause if they didn't I would have walked out.

Not Great but not a huge suck-fest. As far as Monster films Pacific Rim beats this because of the time focused on Monsters vs. Robot battles than the human aspect. More Time should be spent on Godzilla than the humans.

movie was incredible. I don't know some you guys were watching. I didnt even realize godzilla wasnt shown in full for an hour cause I was enjoying seeing the mutos wreck shyt. I didnt read spoilers or nothing before hand so I wasnt expecting other monsters. I loved every minute of it. Monster mayehm is monster mayhem.. who cares if its not godzilla in the first half. The action, effects, and IMAX 3D was some of best Ive seen. I think that's some of you guys problem is that you read up the flicks so much you spoil it for yourselves.

I approve the director's use of Godzilla sparingly, so as to build suspense and maintain cinematic leverage. I also like Godzilla's sheer enormity and how his appearance alone caused a disaster. That was done much better in this move than in otehrs. I like his swimming even though I think more amphibian action would have enhanced the experience. One of the things I like best about Godzilla in most in his reptilian fluidity in water. Godzilla's size should have been used as more of a counterpoint against his swimming ability. I felt the director didn't do enough on that end.

I also think Gozilla himself should have had more screen time, and that the story should have revolved more around him in earnest. The director focuses too much on the emotional build up and character development of military side characters, who for all their sentimentality, aren't as awe-inspiring or central to the story as Godzilla himself. Precious little time and effort is paid to Godzilla's character development. He is portrayed passively rather than actively, as more of an observer than participant.

More should have been done with the parasite egg angle. Since the parasites originally preyed and laid eggs in creatures like Godzilla, one possibility the directors go have gone with was to have the MUTO confront Godzilla rather than the other way around. The movie's climax could have been Godzilla and humanity's survival with the worst outcome being the death of Godzilla and the hatching of myriad MUTOs inside his corpse. The military's task could have been to venture into a sleeping Godzilla and destroy the eggs about to hatch and wreck havoc. This is but one direction the writers could have taken the movie.

That aside, I also would have preferred bigger eyes for Godzilla. He's supposed to be a God serpent and one of the more entrancing and ominous things about serpents are their iridescent, unreadable eyes. The movie did use this effect a little bit, but not enough for my liking. In the film Godzilla's eyes are small and beady when they should have been large and calculating.

Last edited:

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
600full-jessica-lucas.jpg

:noah:
I woulda went back for her.

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
I approve the director's use of Godzilla sparingly, so as to build suspense and maintain cinematic leverage. However I think Gozilla himself should have had more screen time, and that the story should have revolved more around him in earnest. The director focuses too much on the emotional build up and character development of military side characters, who for all their sentimentality, aren't as awe-inspiring or central to the story as Godzilla himself. Precious little time and effort is paid to Godzilla's character development. He is portrayed passively rather than actively, as more of an observer than participant.

More should have been done with the parasite egg angle. Since the parasites originally preyed and laid eggs in creatures like Godzilla, one possibility the directors go have gone with was to have the MUTO confront Godzilla rather than the other way around. The movie's climax could have been Godzilla and humanity's survival with the worst outcome being the death of Godzilla and the hatching of myriad MUTOs inside his corpse. The military's task could have been to venture into a sleeping Godzilla and destroy the eggs about to hatch and wreck havoc. This is but one direction the writers could have taken the movie.

That aside, I also would have preferred bigger eyes for Godzilla. He's supposed to be a God serpent and one of the more entrancing and ominous things about serpents are their iridescent, unreadable eyes. The movie did use this effect a little bit, but not enough for my liking. In the film Godzilla's eyes are small and beady when they should have been large and calculating

Lastly,
All that fakkit had to do was so zilla fighting those mutos 1 time and fighting the army one time, THEN they coulda done one of those fake fight scenes. Thats all we needed. A fight with the army and a fight with a muto before the finale. fukked it all up.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All that fakkit had to do was so zilla fighting those mutos 1 time and fighting the army one time, THEN they coulda done one of those fake fight scenes. Thats all we needed. A fight with the army and a fight with a muto before the finale. fukked it all up.

I err on the side of more rather than fewer fights in my movies. I would have liked to see Godzilla stalking his prey and using his intelligence to both surprise the military and MUTO antagonists. I felt he only showed intelligence at the end of the movie, and too much time was spent on his swimming. I would have liked to see Godzilla as a "lesser of two evils", rather than an unabashed protector of humanity. He isn't. He should have appeared like a hurricane with the only thing stopping him from destroying the planet being an even worse calamity like the appearance of the MUTO, a natural enemy of Godzilla's species whom he murked as a youngin'. Then he should have slid back into the ocean for rest and recuperation. Until next time.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I err on the side of more rather than fewer fights in my movies. I would have liked to see Godzilla stalking his prey and using his intelligence to both surprise the military and MUTO antagonists. I felt he only showed intelligence at the end of the movie, and too much time was spent on his swimming. I would have liked to see Godzilla as a "lesser of two evils", rather than an unabashed protector of humanity. He isn't. He should have appeared like a hurricane with the only thing stopping him from destroying the planet being an even worse calamity like the appearance of the MUTO, a natural enemy of Godzilla's species whom he murked as a youngin'. Then he should have slid back into the ocean for rest and recuperation. Until next time.

He wasn't. He was just after the M.U.T.O's. He saw the humans the same way we see bugs and insects; a minor nuisance, but not a big enough problem to distract you from your task at hand.

Now if the military had attack after he was done with his mission then you would've saw some shyt go down, I think.

All in all, this was not that different structurally from the majority of Godzilla films. Not everybody likes kaiju films and the complaints could be attached to others, but for the majority of the people that do this film was a fantastic.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
nikkaz saying cloverfield and Pacific Rim are better than this is why I can't take dudes serious on here

Cloverfield is trash but Pacific Rim is so much better than Godzilla its not even close.

There isn't a single aspect of Godzilla thats better than Pacific Rim. Monster fights? Character development? Story? Overall movie? Hell no.

This Godzilla is only better than '98 Godzilla and thats not saying much.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cloverfield is trash but Pacific Rim is so much better than Godzilla its not even close.

There isn't a single aspect of Godzilla thats better than Pacific Rim. Monster fights? Character development? Story? Overall movie? Hell no.

This Godzilla is only better than '98 Godzilla and thats not saying much.
Pacific rim was cheesy and corny as hell. Cringeworthy in many spots. The special effects were good and thats all there was to that movie.