140514_BB_monsterCharts_allMinutes.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg
Wonder what the haters gonna say now

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Wonder what the haters gonna say now

That at the moment those monsters appear, most of them are continued to be featured heavily and/or immediately giving us some pay-off, instead of being pushed to the background again. That most of the movies on that chart that are considered classic feature actual interesting human characters to carry the non-monster parts, whereas this movie only has Cranston for as long as that lasts. In short, that dumb fact charts like this ignore that filmmaking is immensely more complex than "timing the monster".

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
That at the moment those monsters appear, most of them are continued to be featured heavily and/or immediately giving us some pay-off, instead of being pushed to the background again. That most of the movies on that chart that are considered classic feature actual interesting human characters to carry the non-monster parts, whereas this movie only has Cranston for as long as that lasts. In short, that dumb fact charts like this ignore that filmmaking is immensely more complex than "timing the monster".
Godzilla was was featured very heavily after he made first his appearance. I don't know why people find it hard to understand that other characters had to have screen time as well. The mutos needed time to built up as admirable villains, the audience was familiar with godzilla already. Did you want 2 hours of Godzilla vs Muto? Payoff comes at the end, which is what we were given

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Godzilla was was featured very heavily after he made first his appearance. I don't know why people find it hard to understand that other characters had to have screen time as well. The mutos needed time to built up as admirable villains, the audience was familiar with godzilla already. Did you want 2 hours of Godzilla vs Muto? Payoff comes at the end, which is what we were given

People who know a bit about what I want from movies know well that I'm hardly an action nut, but what I can't stand is constant build-up only to delay the pay-off, time and time again. Either show us, or build up strictly to the climax from the beginning instead of all this horrid teasing.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Felt like I was watching a fukking military propaganda film or Captain America without the super solider serum.:dwillhuh:

Punk ass Navy dude just poking in everywhere like he was running the joint...he just so happened to be the GOAT EOD..."I read the manual for the bomb while you guys were debriefing....I can disarm the nuke in 60 seconds." :manny:

Limited screen-time for Godzilla...wouldn't have mind the limited time if it was filled with something better than watching this CAC avoid death a million times. :stopitslime: Should have kept the best actor in the film alive and rode with him.

The parachute scene until Godzilla "dies"....:whew:
Godzilla giving the bytch a shotgun atomic blast. :banderas:

6/10

Pacific Rim was better. :snoop:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
just got back. watching it in 3d was a mistake. movie was way too dark with the glasses on.

i give it a 6/10. the only real stand out part was theatomic blast in the mouth. i dont regret watching it but ill never watch it again.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!

Hmmm. :ehh: I agree with this, with the exception of him saying "I may watch this again someday." Nah! I know I will watch this again someday. I may even go watch it again later this week. I know I'll be copping the blu ray too. Gareth Edwards said he wants to do a Destroy All Monsters sequel, which would be piff, and I hope this happens. The film is a 8/10 and it feels great after 15 years to finally be redeemed from that 1998 piece of shyt.