I saw Godzilla tonight

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Ayo GawdZilla fans, we need to start handing them negs out :beli:
Nikkas feeling safe disrespecting the King like this. :birdman:

All my complaints about this movie are out of respect of the King. Make a Godzilla movie and don't show two of the three monster fights that take place, brehs.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Cant lie that had me pissed at first, BUT it made the last fight that much more epic. Made the audience hungry for that showdown

Well, if they tease me with a three course menu and I have to wait an hour to get only one course in the end, no matter how well it feeds me, I can't help but feel I still missed out on two courses that could've been equally as great.

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
Not seeing this for a few hours but from what Iunderstand when tthey cut away from the airport scene you see the fight in the background on a TV?

If so I'm ok with that in the background representation. Movie is about "what if this really happened"

For real, why does my phone and keyboard suck on this sit? Only site on the whole net that it is sluggish as shyt with my keyboard. (swiftkey)

II'll quote someone, and then find half my sentence in the middle of the original post

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Well, if they tease me with a three course menu and I have to wait an hour to get only one course in the end, no matter how well it feeds me, I can't help but feel I still missed out on two courses that could've been equally as great.
Mehh, if they would've shown all 3 fights the last scene wouldn't have felt so epic IMO

• Dap
Reactions: Jax

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Mehh, if they would've shown all 3 fights the last scene wouldn't have felt so epic IMO

Depends on how they showed it:

For one, if they did show the first two fights, they still would've saved Godzilla's Atomic Breath for the end. And the earlier battles would mostly be about the Muto trying to get away from Godzilla because it was still seeking the female, and from there they could build up to the final fight where the Muto's actually fight back with everything they've got to protect the eggs. Hell, they could've given the female Muto a special attack like Godzilla's Atomic Breath to make the battle even more epic.

It just feels like they bet too much on the big fight and while it's epic, I still think they screwed over the audience by not showing their early confrontations. Also so we could see how the Muto's match up to Godzilla in the first place.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Was about to come in this thread and read some reactions

Quickly changed my mind like

Walk_in_walk_out.gif

I'll go into this tomorrow afternoon blind
Don't want shyt ruined​

[Something Cool]

Not a Well-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
exorbitant legal fees
I was hoping for a more murderous and indiscriminately violent Godzilla, but you cant really expect too much from a PG-13 rated movie. There are some amazing looking scenes though that made it worth it to me. I thought the movie really shined in the scenes where they would ditch the hokey Spielbergish summer movie music and had either no/minimal background music or an eerier track playing in the key Godzilla scenes.

Tuling

Pro
Daps
All my complaints about this movie are out of respect of the King. Make a Godzilla movie and don't show two of the three monster fights that take place, brehs.
the airport one is the one i was upset with because shyt went down prior to that but what was the other occassion

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
Cant lie that had me pissed at first, BUT it made the last fight that much more epic. Made the audience hungry for that showdown
Yea then you came on the coli and acted like you saw movie of the year. Stop lyin.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I thought it was dope. There were definitely some pacing issues in the beginning and middle, and the director did a little too much with the teasing and showing everything from the humans' perspective, but the payoff was worth it
between helicopter jump, atomic breath and hitting him with the tail, that final fight was :whew:
Visuals were absolutely incredible. Movie definitely had a Spielberg vibe as well

solid B+ imo
that skydive scene :noah:

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
shyt was dope, humans were fine.. I don't get were the hate comes from? Only negative to this film is Aaron Taylor Johnson voice, dude that size shouldn't sound like a 4 year old when he opens his mouth

You see Godzilla through out the whole movoe
You def see the mutos more though

Unwarranted hate from faqqots as expected