I saw Godzilla tonight

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Going to see it tonight. If it's as good as Pacific Rim or better, I'll probably give it some stupid high grade. I don't care much about plot and acting in these types movies. Is it fun, is it loud, are the SFX good, does shyt get crushed? If yes, then its a good monster movie.

Been watching Godzilla movies since I was 7 or 8 so it'll be dope regardless.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
it was a good intro flick. didn't give everything away. had quite a bit of cheese but I liked that.

complaints
1) kill off the best actor in ya movie in the first half hr yall..
2) the apex predator "let them fight" ish was way too cheese
3) the cut to the tv shyt was funny but ultimately super disappointing
4) destroy all monsters/king gheedorah coming from space soon and knowing that, the mutos are lame

good popcorn flick. not a scary movie like they coulda made it to be. they made Godzilla the hero in this.. which is cool knowing the history of the character... but na

oh and last but not least. THE EMP TALK THE ENTIRE MOVIE... only for the kid to hot wire a f'n boat through it. Do they know how an EMP works or what

Last edited:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It might've been a 7 if they had a better lead character.

I don't know whose idea it was to kill off Bryan Cranston and make Aaron Taylor-Johnson the lead, but that person should be fired. Cranston had a far bigger stake in the events because the Muto's killed his wife and the government covered it up. I mean, when you think about it, there was really no point to the intro with Cranston's wife dying since 20 minutes later he's out of the picture. They didn't even bother to have it influence Aaron's character because he didn't seem to particularly care about the Muto's being responsible for both his parents' deaths. Having him filled with a thirst for vengeance on the Muto's and team up with Watanabe and the general would've made a whole lot more sense than putting him on a plane home, which just so happens to be in the exact path of the monsters so he still gets pulled back in.

But who's paying me to write these things, right? :yeshrug:

how didn't he seem to care enough?...he apologized to dad and said he was right; he helped his dad break in to get his info; he wanted to set the bomb that was gonna be used to try to kill them; he killed the babies.....what else was he supposed to do?....

now I admit: him barely surviving every damn thing was funny as shyt and annoying, and he's his acting was ok at best....but it was better to have him live and not his dad....he had more to live for than his dad at that point in their lives....

Last edited:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Was pretty good. Not amazing but I enjoyed it. Hopefully it does well at the box office so we can get a great sequel.

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
Thought it was OK, all the teasing just to cut to some bullshyt characters I care nothing about was lame as hell.

Only 5-10 minutes of Godzilla in action was also lame as fukk

better than ASM 2 but god damn...........
Damn 7 minutes of Godzilla in a film called godzilla.

:mjlol:

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
The human parts were not weak and borong
I kept waiting for them to get weak and borong
I kept waiting for the dreaded second act and all the negative stuff I've been hearing about
And what do you know? I never experienced that
I enjoyed a great movie, and thats that. I feel bad for people who watched this film and their obviously... Much more advanced minds allowed them to view this in a negative light... Its a shame