I saw Godzilla tonight

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
i wasn't as hyped about it as you guys were so it met my expectations: disappointing

aaron taylor johnson was trash

clearly tried to be a throwback to the old Godzilla film while trying to be a natural disaster at the same time, it succeeds on being a natural disaster but fails at the throwback

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
Action was dope, story and plot brought it down

Lol nah breh
I see you just have shytty taste in films. I thought maybe you were just one of those artsy guys. Praying actually but as it turns out, you just like shytty films. :sadbron:

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Pacific Rim just didn't do it for me. I couldn't bring myself to watch more than about 50 minutes of it the other day. I'm glad I didn't go to the theater to see it. Idk, it just seemed to lack soul or something...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rim was about giant robots fighting giant monsters. I slept on it but was surprised when I finally watched. movie was dope for what it was. it seems like this zilla movie is biting elements from Cloverfield in not wanting to show the monster but if what they are saying is true...... HOW YOU GONNA NAME A MOVIE AFTER A CHARACTER THAT GETS LITTLE TO NO SCREEN TIME? :manny:

dont know who they are, but that's bullshyt....Godzilla gets plenty of screen time....

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Idk, I have mixed feelings about the slow reveal

on the one hand, it helped change the audience's perspective and made us feel more part of the cinematic world rather than outsiders because we saw Godzilla the way the characters in the film saw him. it was also very Spielbergian the way it was a slow build up, which made the payoff at the end much more satisfying rather than if it was just an overkill of CGI monsters fighting each other

on the other hand, it's Godzilla. We all know what he looks like, his background, etc. This isn't Cloverfield where the monster is a big mystery. He's such a pop culture icon that it doesn't really make sense to tease so much

What bothers me about the teasing is that they show him in full view an hour into the movie during the Hawaii scene. Then they cut away from him (and the entire fight that takes place!) only to go back to teasing him again on some Cloverfield shyt. You just showed him to us, he was about to fight, and you don't show us?! Maybe they could've pulled off saving Godzilla for the end if the build-up was entirely towards that fight but they keep building up to these early confrontations as well and then simply refuse to deliver. Matter of fact, they didn't just refuse to deliver, they ran in the other direction.

And I see a lot of folks on the internet already bringing up movies like Jaws and Jurassic Park in which the shark/dinosaurs are also seen very little and largely saved for the end, those movies got the balance right of teasing them to us, showing them off and in the meanwhile keep your interest with interesting human drama. And as we can all agree, the human parts in this movie were flat out crap.