I saw Godzilla tonight

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
I thought it was dope. There were definitely some pacing issues in the beginning and middle, and the director did a little too much with the teasing and showing everything from the humans' perspective, but the payoff was worth it
between helicopter jump, atomic breath and hitting him with the tail, that final fight was :whew:
Visuals were absolutely incredible. Movie definitely had a Spielberg vibe as well

solid B+ imo
what he did to the female MUTO breh:banderas:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Solid B+ The action was awesome, the character stuff was meh and needed work, which would've been negated by more monster but that goes to the pacing issues. Reminded me of Independence Day or a poor man's Jurassic Park

Speaking of which, totally called the Jurassic Park moment at the end when Godzilla grabbed the female muto and melted her face and snapped her. Dope shyt though

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
Seeing this in imax saturday night - Im going in completely spolierless without having read one review outside of @mastermind giving some approval. Ill drop thoughts then

first imax movie since matrix revolutions :leon:

IMAX around here $15-$19 a ticket, is it worth seeing in IMAX?

I'm at Navy Pier right now breh's, the first showing just let out.

The cinematic scenes were worth the $20. Godzilla went smooth off.:whew:

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I came in without barely seeing any trailers and had low expectations. Saw IGN's review then all of a sudden decided to see it.

I enjoyed it! I love the backstory and the direction they went with it instead of them just bombing Godzilla and all the lame stuff from the Zilla 98 flick. shyt felt epic. Very well done for a monster movie.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Seeing this tomorrow. Even if it doesn't live up to the hype, I'll only lose $6.50:manny:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i hate nerds. these fukks were clapping and giving each other high fives in a certain part of the movie. thought the fighting was dope but entirely too short. i just didnt care bout the human characters which was just too much of the movie. i understand you have to tell a story but this went beyond doing that imo.

:salute: I liked it overall but that's my problem with it. If you're going to focus on the humans, make them compelling and put some energy in the performances.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Saw it earlier today and I thought it was straight heat rocks...

Special effects had me like :ohhh::noah:...whoever did the CGI for this is going to be getting a lot of work in the future...

The first atomic breath had me like :lawd::banderas:

The acting was pretty good, but the plot itself was :manny:...but i don't see why you would give a fukk about a plot in a godzilla movie...

The fighting was just :banderas:...Zilla out here on his old school shaq steez where he just spin move and yam monsters into submission...

You need to go into it accepting the fact that it is a people movie...with Godzilla in it...and not the other way around..

I liked that take on it...because it's been done the other way plenty of times before

Well be going to see it again before Monday

Vintage Eclectic

Lord of the Sky
Daps
Reppin
Chi-York
Going to see this with my girl tomorrow. Getting :smoker:, then see him wreck ish.

Movies like this you can't really expect anything ground breaking or oscar worthy, nor is it being marketed that way. I couldn't imagine him being shown for the majority of the movie just destroying everything, you have to build up some type of anticipation for his arrival, you need that dynamic.

And how y'all are talking about the fight scenes:whew:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
the son has the same tone and face in every scene, i was on some ivan drago shyt, if his family dies, they die :manny:

:deadrose: holy shyt you're right. Everyone in the movie was like that though minus Cranston. Watanabe had the constant :krs: and anyone in military fatigues had the :beli: and Elizabeth Olsen was wasted. I had the same issues with Pacific Rim but I liked this more because it's Godzilla and the iconography of some of those shots are just hard to deny. And it fits as a better overall package than Pacific Rim although Pacific Rim actually had characters with some life to them

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
:deadrose: holy shyt you're right. Everyone in the movie was like that though minus Cranston. Watanabe had the constant :krs: and anyone in military fatigues had the :beli: and Elizabeth Olsen was wasted. I had the same issues with Pacific Rim but I liked this more because it's Godzilla and the iconography of some of those shots are just hard to deny. And it fits as a better overall package than Pacific Rim although Pacific Rim actually had characters with some life to them
yea cranston was dope, i felt bad for him, especially when he saw the "happy birthday dad" sign. but his son :camby:

that first fight of godzilla had me :ahh: then it was only a tease and i was
39442-u-mad.gif
in my chair. ten more mins of fighting would have had me priasing this movie a lot more. wasnt a bad movie, just wish there was a little more fighting.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
yea cranston was dope, i felt bad for him, especially when he saw the "happy birthday dad" sign. but his son :camby:

that first fight of godzilla had me :ahh: then it was only a tease and i was
39442-u-mad.gif
in my chair. ten more mins of fighting would have had me priasing this movie a lot more. wasnt a bad movie, just wish there was a little more fighting.

You almost pulled a @track 1 breh? :sas2: