I noticed this site has become VERY ANTI Hip Hop lately…

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
How you expect people to feel the demographic of the site continues to get older they open registration and close it people here don’t like new music or artists, it’s a wild time in America where inner city crime is up everywhere, hip-hop in terms of balance in content and quality is not in a good space nothing is selling everything is coming and going, it was wild when Pac and Biggie died now rappers die every 3 months or so with that critique of the “culture” is going to come.
It seems to be way more often than that. I mostly checked out of rap a while ago and only come to the booth very so often, but a good majority of the time I do there's a thread about some rapper that got killed on the first page. Usually dudes I personally never heard of, but quick research will show me it's a nikka that rapped and carried himself in way that left no surprise that they were killed or involved in a killing at some point.

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
Rappers embarrassing themselves ain’t helping either. I was never a fan of his, but if you were one of those fans who was saying “Free Bobby” only to see him be set free and become a zesty dancer, you’re probably getting second hand embarrassed :mjlol:. Social media really exposed a lot of rappers (old and new) being dumb, unintelligent, fake, corny, junkies, or worst case :mjpls:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is head in the sand shyt

People ain't white just because they disagree with you:pachaha:

What implied that I was saying they were cacs because they disagreed with me?

What I'm getting at is we once had a poster on here who consistently made threads about how destructive is to Black youth, but Eminem was one of his favorite rappers. How do you denounce violence in Hip Hop, yet have Eminem as your favorite rapper? Em got a whole album hacking up people, sewing body parts together all from a first person perspective.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
How you expect people to feel the demographic of the site continues to get older they open registration and close it people here don’t like new music or artists, it’s a wild time in America where inner city crime is up everywhere, hip-hop in terms of balance in content and quality is not in a good space nothing is selling everything is coming and going, it was wild when Pac and Biggie died now rappers die every 3 months or so with that critique of the “culture” is going to come.
Nah. It’s more than that. It’s condescending. Hypocritical nature of it all. And let’s get it straight. Pac and Biggie were around when everyone couldn’t just call themselves a rapper. There’s literally millions of rappers now and about 80% of em just started and already got a following. It be some random street nikka who decided to rap a year ago who dies and people blame it on rap. It’s fukking stupid. nikkas will ignore ALL of society’s changes over the last few years and blame rap for the rising violence. It’s stupid. It’s no coincidence the streets got hot after the pandemic. It’s clear as day but people would rather push right wing racist agendas on this site. This site is weird as fukk now.

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
Rap becoming an even younger man's game doesn't help either. The average age for a new rapper used to range from 22-27, that range is like 17-22 now. The oldies on here already have trouble keeping up with dudes who are closer to their age, it becomes worst when you introduce even younger guys like X, Juice, Pop, Roddy, Tjay, Polo G, YB, NLE, Tecca, etc. That's not even mentioning the young underground guys who make waves on TikTok.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
:mjlol: I dont know man, I am just not feeling music with dudes talking about killing niccas, robbing niccas, bytches and hos...thats not music, that's filth. That's the majority of what is being pushed. It is literally brain washing young black males into thinking they have to be thugs. My last favorite rapper I listened was young dolph..anyways, there are plenty of other genre I can listen. Sad state when Glorilla seems to be better than many new rappers out there.
The thing is, cats like DMX, the Lox, Biggie, 50, Dipset, Jeezy, etc have been talking about that for years, and no one says their catalog or music is filth. Hell, Pusha been rapping about selling coke for like 20 years :heh:

The Coli has a very hive like mindset when it comes to posters on here.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Why the fukk do a lot of y’all even still post here? Between the bullshyt music takes. The seemingly blatant disgust for anything hip hop related. The condescending nature of y’all posts. The damn near flat out c00n posting ESPECIALLY in TLR. Feels like I’m in a forum with a bunch of undercover crackas and cornballs. I’m getting more and more uncomfortable posting here cause of it.

I think modern audiences care about everything BUT the culture. They're more celebritism-driven, so status matter. Which is why music seems to be a distant factor in everything. Hell, albums don't even matter anymore

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Rap becoming an even younger man's game doesn't help either. The average age for a new rapper used to range from 22-27, that range is like 17-22 now.
I’ve talked about this so many times and specifically how Chief Keef blowing up shifted the game and opened the door for young rappers and ended the blog era and the archetype of rapper labels was looking for.

The Coli needs to open up registration for good and recruit and market the site.

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I’ve talked about this so many times and specifically how Chief Keef blowing up shifted the game and opened the door for young rappers and ended the blog era and the archetype of rapper labels was looking for.

The Coli needs to open up registration for good and recruit and market the site.
Do u really want that audience of nikkas on the site tho? Look at ktt for instance, lotta BS ass lil nikkas on there

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Pop123 im not tryna shyt on u with this thread. Even tho we disagree u have a pretty levelheaded approach and u do contribute a good view to hip hop discussions in here. Respectable poster.
Salute G’z. We can disagree and debate shyt til we’re blue in the face, that’s what a hip hop discussion forum should be for the most part, hip hop dialogue. These lil guys don’t seem to know how to disagree and debate something without hating your guts tho and typing ferociously on their keyboard every bad name they can think of when addressing you, 😂😂, nigs is like little girls bruh. Dope thread, I took no offense at all.

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
only rapper I really seen people celebrate when they die was King Von so I don’t kno how ingenious that point is

nikkas on the site who hate hip hop hate the new non-redeeming kill nikka shyt, it’s no secret the quality of mainstream rap has fell off and we can see it wit who runnin the game rn

90s Nas, Pac, Big
00s Jay, Ye, 50, Em
10s Drake, Kendrick, Cole
20s Baby, Future, Carti, Uzi

There’s clearly a disconnect and it’s not jus the coli, u see it in the media right now wit shyt like Akademiks callin old rappers dusty

Go look at the lil Yatchy Poland thread, song was gettin hella love from the forum, it’s the kill nikkas, destruction music the coli don’t fw