I noticed this site has become VERY ANTI Hip Hop lately…

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I made the thread to speak to the nikkas in this section and anyone else who wanted to chime in. Not just to vent. Matter fact I barely make threads. Are u ok bruh? U looking like a fool right now cause u was rambling wrong shyt for the last 2 pages. Lol.
U been rambling dumb shyt for 27 of em bytches so I got a long way to go :manny:

But since we talkin now let’s put the insults down and make this productive

U sayin this forum largely on sum anti-hip hop shyt, mainly TLR

U don’t peep hip hop in the mainstream these days is largely negative anti black bullshyt?

SleazyWorld got the #1 song on sum kill nikka shyt, that ain’t normal bra. nikkas made examples using Juicy, Jesus Walks etc etc.

U said nikkas be wishing death and jail on rappers, wat type of rappers? U in here makin it seem like nikkas talkin bout Black Panther rappers.

U can’t acknowledge the site don’t fukk wit hip hop largely and then not acknowledge wat main stream hip hop is.

When a nikka wish death on Hov or Nas that’s when I’ll be concerned but until then this don’t seem like a very genuine convo

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
This is the shyt that is funny to me. I was in middle and high school listening to some of the most violent lyrics ever wrote. Mobb Deep might be my favorite group ever. Beans is one of my favorite rappers ever. And these nikkas really loved dangerous lives. But nikkas make excuses for it becuz it was more lyrical
shook ones alone, has a stronger message than back in blood, u really can’t act like lyrics don’t play a role in message delivered

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
See this what I mean with nikkas playing dumb or y'all just wasn't around shyt like y'all pretend to be

Wayne might not have been a real Blood to YOU but when he was poppin he was a real Blood to somebody. And of course you conveniently left out how I said Wayne is from a city that bragged about not having gangs. A city where nikkas bragged about running the Bloods out in the 80s. Acting like Wayne didn't recruit a sea of bloods is being disingenuous or ignorant

And of course Friday influenced weed what the fukk are you talking about?:mjlol: again y'all want the influence to be one way but there's nothing in the world more influential than art but that's another topic altogether

Even looking at the last 10+ years. Nikkas was smoking weed but nikkas wasn't SMOKING smoking until that Currensy/Wiz post 2010 era. A ton of nikkas started or became heavy smokers after that wave

You trying so delicately to pick and choose the scope of influence and that ain't how shyt works

Wayne wasn't a real Blood to anyone who understands gang culture. Using the slang and reppin a set on record isn't recruiting anybody because we all know it's more to joining a gang than reppin a set and throwing signs. There's real consequences in doing that. And again, gang culture has been a part of Hip Hop lingo and style since at least the 90's.

Breh, stoners have always existed. And the fact that you are even in here talking about "but nikkas wasn't smoking smoking until Currency/Wiz post 2010 era".

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
shook ones alone, has a stronger message than back in blood, u really can’t act like lyrics don’t play a role in message delivered
Let’s be real breh. Mobb Deep had a skit on they third album where they were shooting at a nikka out the project window. Biggie talked about robbing a pregnant woman for her number 1 mom pendant

shyt I was just bumping the War Report in the gym the other day and Tragedy talked about duck taping a chick and raping her while video taping it. All of of this shyt I mentioned dropped between 94-97. Hip hop been violent af. That was my favorite era tho. And yes I’m a fan of more lyrical shyt. But I’m not gonna sit here and pretend like the content was less problematic. The real problem these days is you got rappers who only treat the music as a hustle and are really living out their rhymes. But you can blame the fans for that. We demanded for rappers to be as real as possible

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Cause that nikka Matt504 is a goof. Any other questions? U should be glad I’m giving u attention right now. I may put u in goof status and stop responding to u too if u keep going. Lol

I'm the goof but I've been asking you to quote me or others to strengthen your argument but for some strange reason you won't. Since I'm allegedly one of the biggest offenders, it should be a layup right?

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Let’s be real breh. Mobb Deep had a skit on they third album where they were shooting at a nikka out the project window. Biggie talked about robbing a pregnant woman for her number 1 mom pendant

shyt I was just bumping the War Report in the gym the other day and Tragedy talked about duck taping a chick and raping her while video taping it. All of of this shyt I mentioned dropped between 94-97. Hip hop been violent af. That was my favorite era tho. And yes I’m a fan of more lyrical shyt. But I’m not gonna sit here and pretend like the content was less problematic. The real problem these days is you got rappers who only treat the music as a hustle and are really living out their rhymes. But you can blame the fans for that. We demanded for rappers to be as real as possible
I agree, I ain’t sayin Pac, Big, Jay and even Nas himself ain’t have sum rhymes that leave u scratching your head type shyt

I’m sayin that’s the shyt that’s the hottest now and tends to represent the genre. Ask nikkas what the top rap records were of 2021, likely would be sumn shyt that’s a violent joint. Those types songs are becoming the new pop rap hit. nikkas dancing to death and shyt

U speakin facts bout that final part too, fans definitely apart of the problem, but like it always has been, hip hop is majority cacs. They represent the sales and streams n shyt for the most part, and now they real live into this shyt.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
U been rambling dumb shyt for 27 of em bytches so I got a long way to go :manny:

But since we talkin now let’s put the insults down and make this productive

U sayin this forum largely on sum anti-hip hop shyt, mainly TLR

U don’t peep hip hop in the mainstream these days is largely negative anti black bullshyt?

SleazyWorld got the #1 song on sum kill nikka shyt, that ain’t normal bra. nikkas made examples using Juicy, Jesus Walks etc etc.

U said nikkas be wishing death and jail on rappers, wat type of rappers? U in here makin it seem like nikkas talkin bout Black Panther rappers.

U can’t acknowledge the site don’t fukk wit hip hop largely and then not acknowledge wat main stream hip hop is.

When a nikka wish death on Hov or Nas that’s when I’ll be concerned but until then this don’t seem like a very genuine convo
You sound fukking insane

What’s the difference between Sleazy Flow and NWA Gangsta/ Gansta?

Both songs are about shoutouts with the opps

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
You sound fukking insane

SleazyWorldGo charted top 50 in the US

GG didn’t, bra read the post stop being so eager to reply

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
I agree, I ain’t sayin Pac, Big, Jay and even Nas himself ain’t have sum rhymes that leave u scratching your head type shyt

I’m sayin that’s the shyt that’s the hottest now and tends to represent the genre. Ask nikkas what the top rap records were of 2021, likely would be sumn shyt that’s a violent joint. Those types songs are becoming the new pop rap hit. nikkas dancing to death and shyt

U speakin facts bout that final part too, fans definitely apart of the problem, but like it always has been, hip hop is majority cacs. They represent the sales and streams n shyt for the most part, and now they real live into this shyt.
On one had your right. Cacs definitely push sales and steams. That’s no doubt. But they’re just consumers. On the other hand black people dictate the culture becuz the shyt rappers talk about is shyt we really live. These are our babies. I know it’s not gonna happen but let’s say tomorrow the streets switched up to a more positive black empowerment tone hip hop would follow suit eventually. But that ain’t happening becuz too many of us come from fukked up environments

The good news is that hip hop has never been more diverse. There’s literally something for everyone. Some of my favorite legacy rappers are still putting out good music

But let the coli tell it those older rappers :flabbynsick:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And I'm going off of influence, let's look at this:

1995, Coolio's (R.I.P. Coolio) "Gangsta Paradise" was a #1 single and possibly one of the biggest rappers songs ever. 1st single off the Dangerous Minds soundtrack, which was a soundtrack to a movie about violent, at risk youth.

Snoop Dogg, one of the biggest rappers ever was signed to DEATH ROW Records dropped a song called "Murder Was The Case" during/after facing and beating a murder rap.

^^^ how many of us actually know people that caught bodies, are locked up in jail after being DIRECTLY influenced by those songs and artists. Did any of those artists inspire you to pick up a gun and commit a murder? And this was music targeted toward youth.

QU Hectic

Superstar
Daps
[Yes it does I’ve seen kids that try to dress and act like YB down to the mannerisms

There’s kids in NYC putting stickers on the clips of their guns because Lil Durk rapped about it. Switches is the thing to have

Everyone nationwide started wearing ski masks because of Pooh Shiesty to the point they are now colloquially known as “shiestys”. G herbo got all the kids wearing AF1’s they calling them G Fazos everywhere

TikTok, YouTube, Instagram is all connected to the music that’s how kids digest music they don’t have $ to pay for streaming services or credit cards to file. That’s where all the NY drill dance challenges start TikTok. That’s why YB is arguably the biggest rapper even while being antisocial, anti industry, and not making mainstream palatable music he’s the YouTube king not the radio king. Instagram is where they keep up with everything and where they see the visuals and the lifestyle. They want the drip the rappers wear some younging cracking cards to get the bubble Moncler and patchwork Amiri jeans he saw A boogie or whoever wore. All these lil girls know what’s going on with Ari and Moneybagg and Jayda and Lil Baby. It ain’t no coincidence that you see so many LLC’s girls set up is cosmetics they follow that rapper girlfriend playbook of model, fashion design, make up artist

The influence is very real

The average kid today is infatuated with hip hop, video games like 2K and Fortnite, clothes, p*ssy, social media, and these kids all smoke and they fukking with harder drugs like pills and syrup that got popularized by hip hop. These lil nikkas keep up with drill like it’s a religion. They can tell you all the beefs how it started in depth, gang history, and know all the dances. shyt is a whole culture. Y’all keep thinking it’s a game just music nope y’all wrong.

The shyt I bolded is wrong these kids algorithms revolve around the so called “culture”. There’s many content creators. That’s what influences them and strictly what they digest.
I was just gonna dap but I had to rep. Both side have valid points. The one is the influence it has in youths today shouldn’t be blamed as it was there before and for people around time I grow up (yes I’m Holmes status) that are stating that it was done but the it didn’t put the flame to the fire like rapppers works are doing today.
The thing with the music I grew up on was there was a rebellion against a system, not against each other.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
You sound fukking insane

There really isn’t a difference. But the coli to this day shyts on Cube and Dre for being studio gangstas and how Eazy was the only real one in the group. And these nikkas are around my age. I’m 41. Yet they wanna complain about the current content

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
SleazyWorldGo charted top 50 in the US

GG didn’t, bra read the post stop being so eager to reply
What difference does that make to the point you’re trying to make?how something charts is measured in an entirely different way

Gangster/ Gangster could’ve been listened to infinitely more times (and there’s no doubt it my mind that it was)

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
There really isn’t a difference. But the coli to this day shyts on Cube and Dre for being studio gangstas and how Eazy was the only real one in the group. And these nikkas are around my age. I’m 41. Yet they wanna complain about the current content
Nah don’t agree wit that disingenuous BS he on

My point is the violent type drill rap is wat shoots to the top of charts now

GG charted at 91 in rap songs back in 88

SWG charted at 9

Big difference