I noticed this site has become VERY ANTI Hip Hop lately…

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
nikka made a thread cuz his favorite rappers gettin flamed on the forum

Talkin bout other nikkas mad, I’m on your ass bytch ass old nikka

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
We are not disagreeing here.

You still have that variety they just don’t have any mainstream appeal because street records are what becomes hits and it’s what people prefer

JID - Kendrick clone
Cordae- Cole clone
Earthgang- trying to be outlast/ ATCQ
Symba
Toosii
Griselda

This is why I said R&B losing its cultural influence and Rappers no longer needing radio records has affected the sound of rap more than anything else
No, I’m sorry, you cannot tell me that 40 years of hip hop, all of a suddenly in these past 3 years street shyt is the only thing people want to see become hits. You have large segments (men and women, and yes, plenty of under 30s) of people complaining about this, clearly this ain’t what everyone wants to hear all the time. This is solely the reflection of of a fukked up music industry and a broken system that has made music consumption too segmented. If four sub segments of rap are getting 19% of the spins/streams and one segment gets 24%, that doesn’t mean people just want to hear gangsta/murder music, it simply has more spins to chart. Doesn’t help that platforms like Spotify load 4 of the top 5 rap playlists with death and thot rap, don’t know how the other platforms do, but I’m sure it’s the same on Apple and YouTube, but a lot of listeners just fukk with playlists and this is what they’re being served and therefore what gets spins

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're oversimplified. I never said Hip Hop wasn't an influence. I even said we were influenced by styles, mannerisms, etc. of rappers. This is not at all the same as getting a gun and killing someone because you heard it in a song. Huge leap from rocking a perm or even fighting in a club to somebody getting murdered and blaming it on music.

And Wayne and a lot of these rappers being bloods is laughable. It's not even the same. You might as well throw dancing Chris Brown into the gang member pool too. What they portray in music and videos is nothing like what those gangs are like in real life. And we can't act like those gangs haven't been huge since before Hip Hop existed. What we see Chris and Lil Wayne doing is a watered down, commercialized version of something that is far more deadlier and violent. And that even goes back to when rappers would throw gang signs in videos and got called out for it. People know the difference between Wayne and a real banger. Even the tats got commercialized because tatted tears meant something and that too got commercialized.

Weed was huge too, but let you tell it, Hip Hop popularized it because Dre dropped The Chronic in spite of the fact that he told us he ain't smoke weed or cess years prior. We had Friday. There was Cypress Hill, but we can act like Hip Hop and Hip Hop based movies influenced it.
See this what I mean with nikkas playing dumb or y'all just wasn't around shyt like y'all pretend to be

Wayne might not have been a real Blood to YOU but when he was poppin he was a real Blood to somebody. And of course you conveniently left out how I said Wayne is from a city that bragged about not having gangs. A city where nikkas bragged about running the Bloods out in the 80s. Acting like Wayne didn't recruit a sea of bloods is being disingenuous or ignorant

And of course Friday influenced weed what the fukk are you talking about?:mjlol: again y'all want the influence to be one way but there's nothing in the world more influential than art but that's another topic altogether

Even looking at the last 10+ years. Nikkas was smoking weed but nikkas wasn't SMOKING smoking until that Currensy/Wiz post 2010 era. A ton of nikkas started or became heavy smokers after that wave

You trying so delicately to pick and choose the scope of influence and that ain't how shyt works

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
nikka made a thread cuz his favorite rappers gettin flamed on the forum

Talkin bout other nikkas mad, I’m on your ass bytch ass old nikka
Who my favorite rappers who get flamed? Son what the fukk are u talking about? Honestly. Lol. I’m speaking on nikkas wanting rap nikkas to die and go to jail and sounding like a bunch of racist crackas and u talking about fav rappers n shyt. Lol. Then have the nerve to call me retarded? I not ain’t even mention the quality of music. Lol.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, if a posters post history is mainly the locker room, I wouldn't engage with them TBH.

I spent most of my time on the coli either in Higher Learning or in The Booth.

Many new names who never post up in here are ONLY in this thread to shyt on Hip-Hop.

I hope y'all see it.

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Who my favorite rappers who get flamed? Son what the fukk are u talking about? Honestly. Lol. I’m speaking on nikkas wanting rap nikkas to die and go to jail and sounding like a bunch of racist crackas and u talking about fav rappers n shyt. Lol. Then have the nerve to call me retarded? I not ain’t even mention the quality of music. Lol.
That’s why you’re retarded, u don’t have critical thinking skills

No one on the coli ever said Drake, Kendrick or Cole needs to die or go to jail

Anyone dappin this BS is another nikka who be on that “coli is the problem about x” shyt

U old and dumb as shyt fr fr

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Honestly, if a posters post history is mainly the locker room, I wouldn't engage with them TBH.

I spent most of my time on the coli either in Higher Learning or in The Booth.

Many new names who never post up in here are ONLY in this thread to shyt on Hip-Hop.

I hope y'all see it.
The nikka I’m arguing with is one of em. Lol. Funny as fukk. That’s why this nikka in here saying a bunch of inaccurate shyt about who I like and dislike and all kinda shyt. Lol

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
That’s why you’re retarded, u don’t have critical thinking skills

No one on the coli ever said Drake, Kendrick or Cole needs to die or go to jail

Anyone dappin this BS is another nikka who be on that “coli is the problem about x” shyt

U old and dumb as shyt fr fr
Son wtf are u talking about? Lol. Honestly u just making up shyt.

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
The nikka I’m arguing with is one of em. Lol. Funny as fukk. That’s why this nikka in here saying a bunch of inaccurate shyt about who I like and dislike and all kinda shyt. Lol
Naw most my posts come from the coliseum

U a goofy nikka, I don’t give a fukk wat u said in the past we see thru the bullshyt

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
:russ: hell nah. you a oldhead through and through

you fukk with some newer cats but you a straight old head like a good majority of us
I wouldn’t even consider myself and old head but on some g shyt THAT nikka has no idea what he talking about when it comes to me. Its hilarious cause u can easily see he doesn’t frequent this section.

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I wouldn’t even consider myself and old head but on some g shyt THAT nikka has no idea what he talking about when it comes to me. Its hilarious cause u can easily see he doesn’t frequent this section.
yea ard

nikka made a thread complaining about an entire site now he talkin bout the booth

Bra y’all just sum bytch ass nikkas it’s all good