I noticed this site has become VERY ANTI Hip Hop lately…

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka don’t quote me wit yo disingenuous bullshyt no more. Just have a peep at the other threads I linked.
I'm disingenuous because you don't know what congratulating is:mjlol:

Do you know what disingenuous means?:mjlol:

And again typing tough don't make you tough

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Aight nikka one yaself u said u was leaving.
U a goofy ass nikka, u old as shyt caping for black death

U ain’t no don, fukk kinda don come on the internet calling himself a real nikka dikk sucking 20 year olds

Boss up fakkit ass nikka

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
U a goofy ass nikka, u old as shyt caping for black death

U ain’t no don, fukk kinda don come on the internet calling himself a real nikka dikk sucking 20 year olds

Boss up fakkit ass nikka
U mad as fukk. Like I said. If u ain’t willing to meet me and box it out step the fukk off like u said u was gonna do. The fact that u think it’s about the rappers themselves shows u ain’t grasping what I’m saying anyway.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Y’all think Mainstream rap is bad? I don’t think Stars have released great albums this year but these guys are talented af

Non legacy Mainstream artist

Durk
Lil baby
Gunna
Kodak
Moneybagg
Uzi
YB
Travis

Unless you have 90s east coast bias ears(if you do then you have bigger problems) I don’t see how you can think mainstream is wack

I was watching a Rap Caviar podcast recently with No ID, Hit Boy, and Bangledesh. Three of the best producers of different eras. At one point the host basically said that we've been in a trap era of production for well over a decade and there hasn't been much shift. No ID pushed back and asked do you consider Young Chop's initial run to be trap or was that the beginning of drill? I thought it was a good point because a looooot of rap discussions with older fans basically boil down to people not caring or differentiating sounds. Southern accent? Trap. 808s? Trap. Radio rap? Mumble rap. All these phrases are thrown together and mixed into this Borg-like entity that old nikkas don't like. The same way my grandma would say "new movies are bad, there are no good actors anymore" and then after 5 minutes of conversation you'd realize she hasn't seen a new movie in a decade.

Consider the (mainstream) Memphis revival we saw with Tay Keith. Or the almost house-like Mustard run of hits. Or the downtempo, reverb heavy T-Minus shyt. All that shyt happened within the last decade. If I hear someone just say "it's all trap and sounds the same" I'm not sure there's a point in continuing the conversation.

Kodak can rap. Durk can rap. Moneybagg can rap. Baby can rap. I get not liking the music objectively but purely from a mainstream perspective I'd say the last few years have been better than many previous ones on a pure "can this guy rap or not" level. Or even beyond rap like...I fukk with some Uzi shyt, it's catchy and fun. Can I listen to that shyt all day without saying "this is the same melody and same chords in these beats..."? No. But I don't listen to it all day so the random Uzi song I hear from my girlfriend or whenever is cool.

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
U mad as fukk. Like I said. If u ain’t willing to meet me and box it out step the fukk off like u said u was gonna do.
30+ years old askin nikkas on the internet across the country to box him

U a retarded IEP mf no wonder u love this new rap

Keep caping for lil nikkas retard

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
30+ years old askin nikkas on the internet across the country to box him

U a retarded IEP mf no wonder u love this new rap

Keep caping for lil nikkas retard
nikka when did I say I love this new anything? Are u stupid? I’m one of the biggest hip hop heads on this site. U missed the whole point I was tryna make but yea one yaself.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't even recognize your name breh and I'm a booth regular.

I agree with all of this btw.

I think Open Mike Eagle (Despite liking some of his songs) is a condescending pseudo-intellect.
I still participate in "Hip-Hop" offline and I think this is where many of my issues with the people
on here talking about Hip-Hop start.

I understand many of you guys are older than me and were participating in Hip-Hop before the
slow severance from it being recognized as "Black Culture" and the warping it underwent to become
marketable by forces seeking to earn as much money as possible.

What I was saying with my last post is many people on here who claim they can't stand the "Demonic" or
"Negative" nature of "All of Hip-Hop in *Current Year*" pretty much never show their faces in threads where the content isn't "Demonic".

It feels like bullshyt from certain posters who have "outgrown" Hip-Hop so to speak and don't want to admit it. :yeshrug:

No doubt, and you nailed Eagle for sure. And you're right - even the new "real hip hop" types on this board exhibit tastes that seem generic, right in step with what a suburban college kid would have. I look for those same posters in a thread about something not being pushed by the hype machine, and they're nowhere to be found. Every now and then a handful will pop up 3-4 years late, when someone tells them it's cool to like it now. Wild.

My post wasn't a response to you outside of me shyttin on that eagle lame and his wack ass CAC sounding music. I was just going off a new tangent after that. No offense.

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
U mad as fukk. Like I said. If u ain’t willing to meet me and box it out step the fukk off like u said u was gonna do. The fact that u think it’s about the rappers themselves shows u ain’t grasping what I’m saying anyway.
shut up fakkit, I proved to u already wat it’s about

Why did the booth fukk wit Lil Yachty new song then? If they hate anything hip hop so much?

U just bytchin cuz these rappers gettin clowned, u living vicariously thru them asking for fades and caping for nikkas 20 years younger than u

Sound like a battybwoi

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
It was unique - every single era had multifaceted records and/or artists

88-92 everything from rakim, to nwa, to de La soul, to heavy d and kid n play

92-97 - ATCQ, to snoop, to wu, to nas, to black moon and souls of mischief

97-04 jay to Missy to mase to dmx to common, mos def and talib

05-09 ti, kanye, bunch of dancing ringtone rappers, jeezy, more common, gentrified jay z

Like what are you talking about?
We are not disagreeing here.

You still have that variety they just don’t have any mainstream appeal because street records are what becomes hits and it’s what people prefer

IDK- Kanye clone
JID - Kendrick clone
Cordae- Cole clone
Earthgang- trying to be outlast/ ATCQ
Symba
Toosii
Griselda

This is why I said R&B losing its cultural influence and Rappers no longer needing radio records has affected the sound of rap more than anything else

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
shut up fakkit, I proved to u already wat it’s about

Why did the booth fukk wit Lil Yachty new song then? If they hate anything hip hop so much?

U just bytchin cuz these rappers gettin clowned, u living vicariously thru them asking for fades and caping for nikkas 20 years younger than u

Sound like a battybwoi
nikka u keep mentioning that one fukkin Yachty song and the shyt ain’t even a long thread and the fact u mentioned the shyt lets me know u missed the point. U didn’t have to be in this thread bruh. I’m this I’m that. U got that off ya chest my guy? Are u able to move on now? Lol. U obviously hurt or triggered. Did I hurt ur feelings bruh?

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
nikka u keep mentioning that one fukkin Yachty song and the shyt ain’t even a long thread and the fact u mentioned the shyt lets me know u missed the point. U didn’t have to be in this thread bruh. I’m this I’m that. U got that off ya chest my guy? Are u able to move on now? Lol. U obviously hurt or triggered. Did I hurt ur feelings bruh?
Lol says the guy who was posting he from the BK so we can wreck :laff:

Bra u a grown ass retarded nikka, it’s all good go ahead and get off this site

“U one of the last few real nikkas”

Go listen to LA Capone he got a bar for your dumbass old man