I noticed this site has become VERY ANTI Hip Hop lately…

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I think mainstream hip-hop is the worst it’s ever been. I check for the shyt I like and ignore the rest. Not really sure why you’d expect people to be excited about any of the shyt here: Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs

When there are threads about albums there are good discussions.
Y’all think Mainstream rap is bad? I don’t think Stars have released great albums this year but these guys are talented af

Non legacy Mainstream artist

Durk
Lil baby
Gunna
Kodak
Moneybagg
Uzi
YB
Travis

Unless you have 90s east coast bias ears(if you do then you have bigger problems) I don’t see how you can think mainstream is wack

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Y'all nikkas allergic to reading:mjlol: I just said I was in that thread that's how I know you're lying

YEA nikka you lied:mjlol: you can't even show the posts of nikkas congratulating Charleston and there's an overwhelming majority of nikkas shytting on him in that thread

And you can save all that tough shyt like you ain't been in here posting like a white woman. Making proclamation about being "uncomfortable being here":mjlol:

You making shyt up and being melodramatic
This post is literally defending and copping pleas for CW.

How is he trying to bait black men into jails, these nikkaz threatening him why do they want to hurt a 60 year old man

Nobody loves Charleston White, we just understand how he exposing yall c00n ass nikkaz for who you really are, you really hate nikkaz, hate yourself

If muthafukkaz put this much smoke on cacs black people would run the world, yall only got that this energy for another black man he exposes these pussie ass nikkaz for who they really are

First off TI's son is a grown man, he's not a kid, he's an adult, who threaten to put hands on an elder ring, he threaten to kill Charleston White and Charleston White let him know he would defend himself he jumped on him, which is the real world you have to your kids when they wanna walk around here tough like that p*ssy ass nikka Draymond Green, these exactly who you fatherless nikkas are, that's why you hate charleston white and trying project him as a father figure onto others, because that's how you see him he has, because you never had a father and you hate him, so he hate charleston white as an old ass man because that's the reflection of old black men to you, you're non existent father who you hate

When he said he would Trayvon Martin him, that wasn't a mocking Trayvon it was a fact, because that's a legal way you can kill somebody since Zimmerman got away with it

TI is failing his son because he doesn't understand what is to be a man in the real world,

just like people think Draymond should've swing on Poole for talking shyt, in the real world outside that facility, Poole could've killed Draymond when he walked up on him and gotten away with it

you have to understand it can come to life and death in an instant with another man and you need to not be so quick to want to resolve to violence when you have a problem with someone, because it might not go how you think

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bra yall been namecalling in this thread

All it’s really about is pearl clutching cuz nikkas not fukkin wit this demonic BS
I don't even recognize your name breh and I'm a booth regular.

Open Mike Eagle’s favorite rapper is MC Paul Barman. I listened to his podcast interviews with Dante Ross and he lacked a basic grasp of hip hop history. He sounded like a blackface version of fantano or fakeshore drive. To pretend the “underground” - which became a condescending classist movement of white and suburban black doofuses way way way back - has automatic cred is silly.

If you read a book like Notes and Tones (Arthur Taylor interviewing his peers, the pioneers of Jazz) it’ll fukk your head up, because the parallels with hip hop are crystal clear. Black innovation and art cannot survive being coopted and stunted due to the racism and class wars attendant to American society. The very discourse of hip hop is rotten - the historical facts are altered by commodification. It’s not “dusty old head” bias to be bemused by people revising history to claim Ja Rule had classic albums and “deserves his flowers.” Or that Hammer could actually outrap your favorite rapper. Or that Coolio was a hip hop legend on par with BIG and Pac. All sentiments I’ve seen on this forum in recent times.

I grew up on Keith Sweat, Bell Biv Devoe, Jodeci etc yet I was fully aware my era of r&b was garbage compared to what my aunts and uncles listened to. Circumstances mean some generations get better shyt. It happens. Informed, comprehensive discourse allows us to understand why and how - it provides the context and criticism necessary for sustaining culture. Black people generally lack the influence (the platforms and capital) to control the discourse of our shyt once it gets popular. The relatively small, soulless, white-aspiring class of nikkas who ascend to platforms don’t help matters as they tend to be shaped by and desperate to gain approval from the forces that warp the discourse in the first place. I’m deep in this hip hop shyt - from Harlem, my cousin is a pioneering MC, I lived a lot of the formative history - and what strikes me daily is just how many black people now spout opinions and inhabit perspectives that we used to associate with silly white outsiders.

Also, hip hop used to be black culture in conversation with itself. nikkas sampling and reimagining the music of their youth and making cultural references that united
the initiated in an almost secret society sort of understanding. With popularity came corruption of that core cultural leaning. When you have a white audience willing to throw capital at you, you begin to appeal to whit sensibilities. Hip hop went from counterculture to theme music for conservative frat bros in the mainstream. The recent trend of rapping over mainstream pop samples and shytty noise music about murdering opps is just an extreme example of the minstrelsy produced by the dovetailing of white sensibilities and extreme capitalism. Hip hop was initially a response to warped white sensibilities and extreme capitalism - now it’s the soundtrack for those things.

The black cultural connections have faded and become irrelevant. Now it’s black people rapping a warped white fantasy of blackness.

This isn’t limited to black people, just to be clear. Open instagram reels or tik tok and you see something fascinating: that extreme capitalism, the attention economy, and resource scarcity transform a staggering number of people - regardless of creed, color, or country - into minstrels. Look at all the buffoons dancing poorly with plastic smiles, praying enough people will watch the spectacle, so maybe just maybe Tide or Nutella or some protein powder brand will toss a light bag their way. It’s soul crushing. Art is only as strong as the culture that sustains it, or the counterculture movements that gives it heart and soul. In our current society, even the counterculture is branded and sponsored. We’re down bad out here.

I agree with all of this btw.

I think Open Mike Eagle (Despite liking some of his songs) is a condescending pseudo-intellect.
I still participate in "Hip-Hop" offline and I think this is where many of my issues with the people
on here talking about Hip-Hop start.

I understand many of you guys are older than me and were participating in Hip-Hop before the
slow severance from it being recognized as "Black Culture" and the warping it underwent to become
marketable by forces seeking to earn as much money as possible.

What I was saying with my last post is many people on here who claim they can't stand the "Demonic" or
"Negative" nature of "All of Hip-Hop in *Current Year*" pretty much never show their faces in threads where the content isn't "Demonic".

It feels like bullshyt from certain posters who have "outgrown" Hip-Hop so to speak and don't want to admit it. :yeshrug:

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
I particularly don't like the oldhead babble, dismissiveness of our young men and women

Creativity is way up, young entrepreneurship is way up, there's more young black people attending and graduating from college than ever before....
Yet all you hear on here is how drugged up, ganged up, and buffoonish they are....

The discussion that the drill music or tiktok craze is effecting all youth, turning them hyperviolent or dumb, is not entirely true.

Go outside

I have younger siblings and cousins and family friends.. they all listen to the same type music and all are on different paths - some good, some bad... just like every generation.

Im sure older people thought the same as my generation when i was in HS 15 years ago...

With that said, the Booth is in much better shape than TLR :mjtf:
I don't even know why I be in there sometime, I just smh :snoop:

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I don't even recognize your name breh and I'm a booth regular.

I agree with all of this btw.

I think Open Mike Eagle (Despite liking some of his songs) is a condescending pseudo-intellect.
I still participate in "Hip-Hop" offline and I think this is where many of my issues with the people
on here talking about Hip-Hop start.

I understand many of you guys are older than me and were participating in Hip-Hop before the
slow severance from it being recognized as "Black Culture" and the warping it underwent to become
marketable by forces seeking to earn as much money as possible.

What I was saying with my last post is many people on here who claim they can't stand the "Demonic" or
"Negative" nature of "All of Hip-Hop in *Current Year*" pretty much never show their faces in threads where the content isn't "Demonic".

It feels like bullshyt from certain posters who have "outgrown" Hip-Hop so to speak and don't want to admit it. :yeshrug:
Bra idc if u can recognize my shyt or not

Fact remains is y’all crying and clutching pearls cuz nikkas not fukkin wit the kill nikkas rara bullshyt music

U guys tryna attribute that shyt to hip hop like it’s the whole genre is sad and just sum goofy shyt fr fr

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This post is literally defending and copping pleas for CW.
I didn't say "defending". Nikkas got opinions

I said where are the posts of nikkas congratulating Charleston. That's the word YOU used now you won't stand on it

Words mean things. If you're gonna just throw shyt out there you should probably be prepared to support it with evidence

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Check this thread. Some of the goofy nikkas I’m not gonna name right in this thread defending CW’s fukkery. nikkas HATE rappers and want em locked up and dead based on what they rap about. CW talked crazy about dead Nipsey, DMX, Pac, etc etc. And they agree with him. On a hip hop site. Lol.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Y’all think Mainstream rap is bad? I don’t think Stars have released great albums this year but these guys are talented af

Non legacy Mainstream artist

Durk
Lil baby
Gunna
Kodak
Moneybagg
Uzi
YB
Travis

Unless you have 90s east coast bias ears(if you do then you have bigger problems) I don’t see how you can think mainstream is wack
Of that list I only listen to 21 by choice. I don’t think any of those guys are dropping classics at this point.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I didn't say "defending". Nikkas got opinions

I said where are the posts of nikkas congratulating Charleston. That's the word YOU used now you won't stand on it

Words mean things. If you're gonna just throw shyt out there you should probably be prepared to support it with evidence
nikka :what: . This nikka was in the thread defending him bringing up Trayvon and Zimmerman. Like I said.

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Check this thread. Some of the goofy nikkas I’m not gonna name right in this thread defending CW’s fukkery. nikkas HATE rappers and want em locked up and dead based on what they rap about. CW talked crazy about dead Nipsey, DMX, Pac, etc etc. And they agree with him. On a hip hop site. Lol.
Bra u sound like a Karen

He talked about how revered these people are in death but how nikkas let DMX die broke and drug addicted.

He talked bout how nip repped a gang and gave back and they let him die out there wit no help

Stop bringing up Charleston White, u no different from the nikkas who blame hip hop for crimes.

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
My guy. Am I lying when I say nikkas on here hate rappers and want them to die and go to jail and blame them for all of society’s ills?
No they hate rappers who promote violence and death, u made this thread to complain and are being intentionally dense so nikkas can agree wit your point