I noticed this site has become VERY ANTI Hip Hop lately…

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hip Hop disdains Hip Hop. That’s what capitalism has wrought. And on the American addiction to nostalgia rather than respect for history. So you get the contempt for the art as well as innovation from both sides. And as the form gets more mainstream, white voices/sentiments take over discourse. There are roughly 50 dudes I know with a more informed perspective than that salamander lookin tony famtatto album reviewer cat… the fakeshore drive CAC who looks like he’d struggle to make it out of a lacrosse party without a black eye… he’s an influencer? Capitalism consumes all. And immediately positions the mediocre of the ruling class to become “influencers” by virtue of having a platform. Every counterculture movement dies on the vine of profit and mainstream acceptance:

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
I admit im a old fukk and conservatiive boom bap taste in rap, but let the kids have their day brehs quit hating

make an old head put some nba youngboy just to piss off myself, shyt is wack and dope i understand both sides
There's dope new shyt out here. Just not enough of it.
There's a difference between something being popular, something being a hit, and something being good.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Like they think rapping about politics and empowerment is gonna go platinum or some shyt like how fukking delusional do you have to be to think that. If positivity sold don’t you think gospel music would be going diamond every time

This way of thinking is why the white executives have EFFECTIVELY removed the political/teaching aspect that hip hop used to bring...

Sure they didn't get the looks the bigger names did, but they had some viability to where you didn't have to search for them..

You sabotaging your own culture and you don't even realize it..😑

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
This way of thinking is why the white executives have EFFECTIVELY removed the political/teaching aspect that hip hop used to bring...

Sure they didn't get the looks the bigger names did, but they had some viability to where you didn't have to search for them..

You sabotaging your own culture and you don't even realize it..😑
Re read my posts before you spew bs next time

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
nah u just ignore the good threads and indulge in the gossip
Show me these “good” threads.

You joined this year. Were you a part of sohh? Or even part of the coli in 2012?

You playing contrarian to say something thats blatantly false; the coli 101. Not mad at ya. Everyones looking for a quick one up on here like itll give em an extra life. Me included. Tho i prefer the long blade.

Lets look at the forum right now…

- 50 sublimity disses his son (GOSSIP)
- THE OFFICIAL JOE BUDDEN PODCAST (yall king of GOSSIP)
-TI disses charleston white
-willie D thinks kanyes mom committwd suicide because hes crazy..
- king harriss goes in on charleston whiye
-Jim Jones would rather take a convo with diddy than 1 mill cash (the ultimate coli breh)
-kanye mentioned the jooz what do you think will happen next
-i think tony yayo is slow
-vlone parts ways with asap bari
-wu tang partners with crocs
-14 yr old rapper killed on 1 train

11/35 threads about bullshyt

Instead of talking about the art of hip hop, the CULTURE, we talk about everything else besides the music OURSELVES… then we cry about rappers who do the same thing.

Every thread listed above is about everything BUT the music.

The rest are stickied album release threads of which people give things classic status, will post about the album while new and then never talk about it Again. EVER.

And new music and video drops that get ZERO replies ie. Poor @KingOFKings , on the second page alone he has 9 new music thread drops with 11 total replies.

10 yr old threads constantky being upped because we dont talk about it lately.

Dont even get me started on the guys who post in smileys, or one sentence posts adding nothing to the conversation.

This thread is the only serious thread on the page one right now. And OP sayung same shyt, so are others.

Its not opinion, its a fact this place has fallen in posting quality. A lot of people banned, a lot moved on. Rap changed.

But hey, if you like zero content, negative post quality; saying nothing worthwhile; until everyone degenerates into calling each other cacs… be my guest. The coli is like fishing today. Only a few of these threads reel me in.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why wouldn't a HIP-HOP HEAD want to LEAVE A FORUM that's HOSTILE to Hip-Hop ?

You fukks don't even post about shyt that isn't "Gangsta rap".
You'd have a point if y'all was pumpin' Open Mike Eagle or Blu or Atmosphere or the dozens
if not hundreds of other non-gangsta rappers.

Stop the fukking grand standing.

Many of you are fraudulent Hip-Hop heads trying to front about your undying love for
Hip-Hop but are no where to be fukking found when actual Hip-Hop discussion is happening.

Again, a lot of y'all are not of the culture :yeshrug:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s not the subject matter either. This site is just against the sound. Take away the auto tune, trap hi hats, and just regularly rap and these nikkas would eat it up. Coli posters don’t really care about murder subject matter that much. They just care about how it sounds
OP is talking about TLR and that's what I'm referring to

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jay 50+ he better have evolved as an artist & person.

My point still stands that the "gangsta rappers" of a decade or 2 ago were not getting the same hate as the "drill rappers" or "this generation of rappers", when the content is damn near identical.

This. Look at how wild DMX's "Get at Me Dog" and that's one of his biggest hit records.
I'm not sure about the bolded.

The thing is, when I hear these drill nikkas today...are they even rappin? Sound to me like they just literally talking like they got mental issues, and saying some demonic shyt like they're zombies.

Gangsta rap we grew up on still had an element of emceeing attached to it. And that makes a huge difference because words are being put together in sonically dope ways. That implies that these were nikkas that cared about their craft. These new nikkas really don't.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like they think rapping about politics and empowerment is gonna go platinum or some shyt like how fukking delusional do you have to be to think that. If positivity sold don’t you think gospel music would be going diamond every time
Why do people (not you specifically) always have to go from one extreme to the other? Lol, shyt is hilarious.

"You want a drink?"
"Nah bro, I don't drink alcohol, but thanks tho"
"Oh come on man! You can't just drink water all fukking day!! Live a little."

Bro...who said I just drink water? I just don't drink liquor. Lol.

You don't have to either make gangsta killer vapid ass music or positive political empowering music...there's a huuuuuuuge "Other" category. Drake does neither...biggest rapper in America. Countless others.

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
Show me these “good” threads.

You joined this year. Were you a part of sohh? Or even part of the coli in 2012?

You playing contrarian to say something thats blatantly false; the coli 101. Not mad at ya. Everyones looking for a quick one up on here like itll give em an extra life. Me included. Tho i prefer the long blade.

Lets look at the forum right now…

- 50 sublimity disses his son (GOSSIP)
- THE OFFICIAL JOE BUDDEN PODCAST (yall king of GOSSIP)
-TI disses charleston white
-willie D thinks kanyes mom committwd suicide because hes crazy..
- king harriss goes in on charleston whiye
-Jim Jones would rather take a convo with diddy than 1 mill cash (the ultimate coli breh)
-kanye mentioned the jooz what do you think will happen next
-i think tony yayo is slow
-vlone parts ways with asap bari
-wu tang partners with crocs
-14 yr old rapper killed on 1 train

11/35 threads about bullshyt

Instead of talking about the art of hip hop, the CULTURE, we talk about everything else besides the music OURSELVES… then we cry about rappers who do the same thing.

Every thread listed above is about everything BUT the music.

The rest are stickied album release threads of which people give things classic status, will post about the album while new and then never talk about it Again. EVER.

And new music and video drops that get ZERO replies ie. Poor @KingOFKings , on the second page alone he has 9 new music thread drops with 11 total replies.

10 yr old threads constantky being upped because we dont talk about it lately.

Dont even get me started on the guys who post in smileys, or one sentence posts adding nothing to the conversation.

This thread is the only serious thread on the page one right now. And OP sayung same shyt, so are others.

Its not opinion, its a fact this place has fallen in posting quality. A lot of people banned, a lot moved on. Rap changed.

But hey, if you like zero content, negative post quality; saying nothing worthwhile; until everyone degenerates into calling each other cacs… be my guest. The coli is like fishing today. Only a few of these threads reel me in.
I mean clothes are a element of hip hop but I agree with all of this. The main ones that say hip hop is dead be the main ones in the reads you mentioned. I don't blame @KingsOfKings for making new threads or upping threads on they release date anniversary. Cause alot of it needs to be talked about.

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
Also I'm going to say this and it might step on some in here toes but if a poster makes a thread on a album. Try and stay on topic in that thread as it pertains to the album and artist , cause I've been noticing it more than three different discussions going and it turns the content within the person OP to complete shyt. It's irritating to read back sometimes

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
Imma be honest I've been noticing alot with this section and I can understand why top tier posters don't post at all or they venture to other sections. I see more "Hall of Fame" posters post and ghost this section or just hang in the coliseum or the film room. They don't have all of that.

The other day we had a guy in a thread literally spamming the hell out of the comments (he literally had 5-6 posts on one page with the same shyt!) because he didn't like a certain artist and WAS LITERALLY MAD😡 that others wasn't agreeing with him when he called the artist wack. And started trolling. Childish shyt.

What upset me more is I understand cats got there own opinion but don't get mad when someone disagrees with you or asks you as a hip hop head to put some weight on your opinion and you can't even give a proper explanation as to why he/she is "wack" or even what would make them better.

I'll never get why the fukk ppl on here go in threads of artist they don't like just to say this artist is basic or he's wack as fukk. That shyt counterproductive. I don't fool with Drake or Lil Baby so you never see me in threads by them. A&Rs don't even do that shyt but some on here want to act like "internet A&Rs". Emotional intelligence something alot don't have. Why give energy to a thread or comment on a artist you claim not to like.

.....Brehda, I've peep this cause I was in that thread that the individual was doing that and found that shyt to be weird. It was if a grown man was literally having a temper tantrum because people disagree with him and challenging his opinion which he couldn't back up.Also I made the thread on Griselda members ranking and that person ducked the thread entirely.

Some people logged in on her to discuss and have healthy discussion. Hell even if you agree you can do it on a certain level but some log in just to ARGUE and bring the entire pace of a thread down. Like you stated here I can't stand certain artist myself but I figured after awhile if they like it so be.

I might even "smh" in the comments and leave the thread, but just to drag breh smh wasting time.

One thing though I wish is that it goes back to how it was when I joined where it wasn't just mainstream artist threads being stickied consistently. If they are say 5 threads stickied at least have 2 underground cats. You introduced members to new artist imo this way. Hip hop ain't dead but imo the discussion here is one-sided and it's clear as day.

Last edited: