I noticed this site has become VERY ANTI Hip Hop lately…

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
This accessibility makes a lot off difference tho.
It makes it easier to gain a following
Rap's biggest and main problem is oversaturation.

People used to take pride in not copying someone else's blueprint to success as well.
When was this?
Jay 50+ he better have evolved as an artist & person.

My point still stands that the "gangsta rappers" of a decade or 2 ago were not getting the same hate as the "drill rappers" or "this generation of rappers", when the content is damn near identical.

This. Look at how wild DMX's "Get at Me Dog" and that's one of his biggest hit records.
The subject matter is the exact same.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm just telling the truth:russ:

Nikkas know good and well what the fukk going on but acting like they were never influenced by rappers in their era

Acting like they weren't rolling one pants leg up, rocking them ugly ass baggy button ups after the Change Clothes video, or getting a perm like 8 Ball:mjlol:

And yes whether nikkas accept it or not it's a part of the ecosystem that pushes SOME nikkas into street shyt

Some of y'all sold your first lil bullshyt ass bag of weed because of a rapper:russ:
TALK!!!!!!!

I know for a fact Mobb Deep turned me into a criminal as a kid, without question...them nigs was maddd cool and gangsta and scary and exciting to me and I wanted to be just like them nigs. Disgusting.

• Haha
Reactions: ISO

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
what else are they suppose to rap about?

I don’t get the subject matter complaints
Like they think rapping about politics and empowerment is gonna go platinum or some shyt like how fukking delusional do you have to be to think that. If positivity sold don’t you think gospel music would be going diamond every time

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
what else are they suppose to rap about?

I don’t get the subject matter complaints
Lmao…cmon now. Women are people, so people talk about sex, their p*ssy wetness, and dikk sizes all day?

You can tell your Story, you can rap about the state of the world, you can just flex - rap about your swag, personality, clothes, you can be way bizarre and rap about some astrology shyt. Lol @ not getting the complaints about content. It’s ok when there are 2-3 chicks who do the sex raps, and the other 7-8 have different lanes, but every single chick on every damn song is rapping about their p*ssy, fukkin and phat ass. There are infinitely more things to talk about, even as a 19-25 yr old

But you co-sign anything

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Like they think rapping about politics and empowerment is gonna go platinum or some shyt like how fukking delusional do you have to be to think that. If positivity sold don’t you think gospel music would be going diamond every time
provocative larger than life lyrics have been the theme in the most popular rap songs since forever

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Lmao…cmon now. Women are people, so people talk about sex, their p*ssy wetness, and dikk sizes all day?

You can tell your Story, you can rap about the state of the world, you can just flex - rap about your swag, personality, clothes, you can be way bizarre and rap about some astrology shyt. Lol @ not getting the complaints about content. It’s ok when there are 2-3 chicks who do the sex raps, and the other 7-8 have different lanes, but every single chick on every damn song is rapping about their p*ssy, fukkin and phat ass. There are infinitely more things to talk about, even as a 19-25 yr old

But you co-sign anything
mainstream rap has never Been about what your describing and I think youre damn near alone in wanting to hear that type of stuff

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I love hip-hop, but at the end of it, I just think hip-hop has overstayed it's welcome. Everything there is to be done in hip-hop has been done. Previous generations would have moved on to a different genre by now. Why are kids still listening to a (watered down) genre we listened to when we were their age?
The music industry as a whole has been in a creative slump for years now.
I dapped this but I do think the current state of hip hop has evolved into a new sub genre. Like no, we weren’t listening to soul music in the 90s same style as our parents in the 70s, but it still had many of the same core elements expressed through new beats, new ideas of what was an acceptable singing style, etc. so while I do think a new black genre should have emerged since 1980, rap has evolved to fit youth and young adults today the same way rhythmic/soul did to fit young people in the 90’s

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
mainstream rap has never Been about what your describing and I think youre damn near alone in wanting to hear that type of stuff
You a damn lie. Nas was mainstream and rapped about everything. Outkast, Pac, kanye, etc. the mainstream has always had multifaceted rappers and people making more than one type of content.

Missy one of the biggest female rappers and rapped about everything while wearing a fukking garbage bag. Queen Latifah, MC Lyte, Salt N Pepa and YoYo ran the late 80’s and early 90’s talking about multiple topics, Lauryn Hill and Eve, multiple topics. It was only Trina, Foxy and Kim talking that real hardcore sex shyt. Please stop

bytches can rap about more than their p*ssy, and I’m far from being the only one who feels this way. That’s why 80% of these hoes flop, if you aren’t bringing a personality to it, the women don’t care about you. Meg, Cardi, and Nicki (who has songs beyond just how wet her p*ssy is) made it work because women actually fukk with them. Glorilla has hype because a segment of women who don’t see themselves in BBL thot raps are loving her style. Your entire identity does not need to be your p*ssy and how you fukk nikkas

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Black people not liking positive music is false. You can't make a blanket statement about an entire race. This is what @spliz was getting at.

Even further, you did the same thing with Atlanta rap. Kast had music with gun talk from a first person narrative. Goodie Mob was more against the system, but they had songs like that too even a bit of trap talk, which influenced the T.I.'s and Jeezy's of the game. You ignore that T.I. has some positive songs that were huge.

Outkast rapped about everything.