I noticed this site has become VERY ANTI Hip Hop lately…

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Like they think rapping about politics and empowerment is gonna go platinum or some shyt like how fukking delusional do you have to be to think that. If positivity sold don’t you think gospel music would be going diamond every time

Works for Cole and Kendrick...just saying.
:manny:

I don't remember the last year I looked around and said "music sucked." I can make a top 10-20 album list for every year going back to college. If you don't fukk with trap there's plenty of other rap shyt to fukk with. The blog era may be over but there are still a lot of ways to figure out what's coming out, get a sense what you fukk with and focus on it. In short there's simply way too much rap music to definitively say everything sounds the same, everything is boring, etc.

Once you get to a point where 51% of your music conversations boil down to "shyt isn't as good today" you're done IMO. I'm not as in tune as I was when I was fukking with younger chicks a few years ago lmao...but I feel good where I'm at.

Also I think it's important to listen to shyt beyond just rap, or any genre. I listen to more jazz than anything. If you like r&b I'm sure there's plenty of stuff out there that isn't thot r&b...but complaining solely about thot r&b suggests people aren't trying to find another stuff IMO.

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
Works for Cole and Kendrick...just saying.
:manny:

I don't remember the last year I looked around and said "music sucked." I can make a top 10-20 album list for every year going back to college. If you don't fukk with trap there's plenty of other rap shyt to fukk with. The blog era may be over but there are still a lot of ways to figure out what's coming out, get a sense what you fukk with and focus on it. In short there's simply way too much rap music to definitively say everything sounds the same, everything is boring, etc.

Once you get to a point where 51% of your music conversations boil down to "shyt isn't as good today" you're done IMO. I'm not as in tune as I was when I was fukking with younger chicks a few years ago lmao...but I feel good where I'm at.

Also I think it's important to listen to shyt beyond just rap, or any genre. I listen to more jazz than anything. If you like r&b I'm sure there's plenty of stuff out there that isn't thot r&b...but complaining solely about thot r&b suggests people aren't trying to find another stuff IMO.
Not saying it doesn’t work, but it’s not as marketable. Like The Bigger Picture for example. The variety is larger than ever and these dudes too stubborn to look it up. They had no problem back in their day because like many have said before music is more accessible. We have Tyler The Creator, Saba, Mach Hommy whole bunch of artists we can name but they’ll just focus on Kay Flock

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
You a damn lie. Nas was mainstream and rapped about everything. Outkast, Pac, kanye, etc. the mainstream has always had multifaceted rappers and people making more than one type of content.

Missy one of the biggest female rappers and rapped about everything while wearing a fukking garbage bag. Queen Latifah, MC Lyte, Salt N Pepa and YoYo ran the late 80’s and early 90’s talking about multiple topics, Lauryn Hill and Eve, multiple topics. It was only Trina, Foxy and Kim talking that real hardcore sex shyt. Please stop

bytches can rap about more than their p*ssy, and I’m far from being the only one who feels this way. That’s why 80% of these hoes flop, if you aren’t bringing a personality to it, the women don’t care about you. Meg, Cardi, and Nicki (who has songs beyond just how wet her p*ssy is) made it work because women actually fukk with them. Glorilla has hype because a segment of women who don’t see themselves in BBL thot raps are loving her style. Your entire identity does not need to be your p*ssy and how you fukk nikkas
you’re naming exceptions to the rule and latifah MC lyte are damn near 30 years ago. Missy didn’t have real fans word to @Ed MOTHEREFFING G

those other people popped off multiple generations ago, pac was thug life and Nas was esco(bar)

what’s the last Kanye song to have any real traction?

who are these people that’s flopping?

This is lattos current single and it’s a flop but big 🍆 energy didn’t flop

Daps
I admit im a old fukk and conservatiive boom bap taste in rap, but let the kids have their day brehs quit hating

make an old head put some nba youngboy just to piss off myself, shyt is wack and dope i understand both sides

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
you’re naming exceptions to the rule and latifah MC lyte are damn near 30 years ago. Missy didn’t have real fans word to @Ed MOTHEREFFING G

those other people popped off multiple generations ago, pac was thug life and Nas was esco(bar)

what’s the last Kanye song to have any real traction?

who are these people that’s flopping?

This is lattos current single and it’s a flop but big 🍆 energy didn’t flop

First, it doesn’t matter if the people I named are old, you said the mainstream has NEVER been about that and I just named people across 30 years showing it has been. BTW Pac also was dear mama, shed so many tears, Brenda’s got a baby, krazy. Nas was also one mic, nas is like, I can, if I ruled the world, daughters…no one said anything about making zero ratchet music, I said these women are one dimensional.

And I named multiple female rappers from every generation to show it’s only presently where every female rapper feels the need to come out ass first touting p*ssy raps. And y’all really trying hard to say Missy had no fans. someone was buying her albums, the ones before she became a pop/crossover act :ufdup:

Latto is doing ok, she been in the game for a minute and finally caught a hit leveraging a classic sample (like most these women). But her album flopped, and it’s givin hasn’t charted well, time will tell if she sells or become the new saweetie. Megan ain’t sell too well either, but she has a fanbase that supports her beyond music so she’ll be straight

But chicks like flo milli, rubi rose, kash doll and all the other dolls, cupcakke, and pretty much every chick on the Feelin Myself playlist is a flop or flop in the making. Every other month there is a new phat ass twerkin chick masquerading as a rapper and 9/10 don’t catch on because women ain’t trying to hear that shyt from every bird all the time.

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People are fed up with all the deaths. Hip Hop more specifically drill is an easy target.

But rap has always been violent word to Biggie and Pac. What's the difference between Hit em up /Long kiss Goodnight and drill?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
First, it doesn’t matter if the people I named are old, you said the mainstream has NEVER been about that and I just named people across 30 years showing it has been. BTW Pac also was dear mama, shed so many tears, Brenda’s got a baby, krazy. Nas was also one mic, nas is like, I can, if I ruled the world, daughters…no one said anything about making zero ratchet music, I said these women are one dimensional.

And I named multiple female rappers from every generation to show it’s only presently where every female rapper feels the need to come out ass first touting p*ssy raps. And y’all really trying hard to say Missy had no fans. someone was buying her albums, the ones before she became a pop/crossover act :ufdup:

Latto is doing ok, she been in the game for a minute and finally caught a hit leveraging a classic sample (like most these women). But her album flopped, and it’s givin hasn’t charted well, time will tell if she sells or become the new saweetie. Megan ain’t sell too well either, but she has a fanbase that supports her beyond music so she’ll be straight

But chicks like flo milli, rubi rose, kash doll and all the other dolls, cupcakke, and pretty much every chick on the Feelin Myself playlist is a flop or flop in the making. Every other month there is a new phat ass twerkin chick masquerading as a rapper and 9/10 don’t catch on because women ain’t trying to hear that shyt from every bird all the time.
That’s like saying lil baby has Emotionally scarred and the bigger picture. His appeal is stI’ll rapping about the streets just like pac and Nas

Flo Millie is just 1 hit away buts it’s not due to lack of content. Rubi rose is not a real artist. kash Doll has always been independent and she’s from detrout so she never was going to blow up

still, outside of few exceptions the mainstream formula has been the same since forever. That’s why I highlighted R&B losing its cultural relevance because that did give us some diversity in sound

DMX wouldve never made “how it’s going down” if he came out in 2022. It would’ve been nothing but get at me dog vibes

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
That’s like saying lil baby has Emotionally scarred and the bigger picture. His appeal is stI’ll rapping about the streets just like pac and Nas

Flo Millie is just 1 hit away buts it’s not due to lack of content. Rubi rose is not a real artist. kash Doll has always been independent and she’s from detrout so she never was going to blow up

still, outside of few exceptions the mainstream formula has been the same since forever. That’s why I highlighted R&B losing its cultural relevance because that did give us some diversity in sound

DMX wouldve never made “how it’s going down” if he came out in 2022. It would’ve been nothing but get at me dog vibes
No, it’s not the same. Pac had monster hits of all types, if I ruled the world is Nas’s biggest song, nas is known for introspective music more than street or Escobar shyt

Rubi Rose is actually one of the best rappers in this young class, she’s got the voice flow and delivery, and yet, she prefers to be a whore first, which is exactly why I’m saying women need to offer more in their raps. And Flo Milli is a 90’s/00’s sample away, sure

And it’s not a few exceptions wtf…the mainstream always, until recently, had variety and multiple artists who could offer up more than one type of song. Feel free to cape for what’s going on presently, but don’t try to rewrite history in the process.

These acts who came out/blew up 2019-now are one dimensional and the mainstream is monotonous. This is a now problem. Just the 10’s generation before you had big Sean, wiz, Kendrick, drake, future, meek, kudi, wale, cole all making different lanes of music, miss me with “the mainstream never had variety”

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Sohh and the og coli used to be the best place for hip hop conversation about THE ART

Now its whos fukking who, gossip like wash women