I noticed this site has become VERY ANTI Hip Hop lately…

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
Nah, the shyt has just devolved to garbage and nikkas is either too insecure or too fragile to accept the criticism.
The way it got so trash is by people being afraid to call bullshyt out and letting bullshyt slide.
fukk these nikkas feelings. The shyt is wack.
If you feel like having standards is anti hip-hop, it hurts your feelings, and all of this bullshyt deserves praise
Okay fine whatever

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This isn’t different from the 00s. The only difference is how much accessibility We now have to artist outside of music

Social media is just the new Smack DVDs or beef DVDs

Crunk music was its own culture as well

This accessibility makes a lot off difference tho.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Nah, the shyt has just devolved to garbage and nikkas is either too insecure or too fragile to accept the criticism.
The way it got so trash is by people being afraid to call bullshyt out and letting bullshyt slide.
fukk these nikkas feelings. The shyt is wack.
If you feel like having standards is anti hip-hop, it hurts your feelings, and all of this bullshyt deserves praise
Okay fine whatever
U missed my entire point.

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
Rap's biggest and main problem is oversaturation.

People used to take pride in not copying someone else's blueprint to success as well.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Naw fam they evolved tho

Jay on RD ain’t Jay on BP3, Future deadass been rappin bout the same shyt for 10 years

I was in HS when 56 nights dropped, it’s 7 years later and Future talkin bout the exact same shyt

Jay 50+ he better have evolved as an artist & person.

My point still stands that the "gangsta rappers" of a decade or 2 ago were not getting the same hate as the "drill rappers" or "this generation of rappers", when the content is damn near identical.

"Hypnotize" was a far bigger hit than. "Juicy" and has him talking "note for the plaintiff, your daughter's tied up in a Brooklyn basement", "squeeze first, ask questions last", "I still leave you on the pavement", etc.

Gangsta Rap was huge in the 90's and we understood that it was entertainment. And what's funny is people complained when songs like "Hypnotize" became the norm because it was a danceable song. It became "the jiggy/shiny suit era is killing Hip Hop".

Just say you have a problem with current Hip Hop because you don't like it instead of trying to use the whole "it pushes negative agendas" narrative to justify not liking it.

This. Look at how wild DMX's "Get at Me Dog" and that's one of his biggest hit records.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Black people not liking positive music is false. You can't make a blanket statement about an entire race. This is what @spliz was getting at.

Even further, you did the same thing with Atlanta rap. Kast had music with gun talk from a first person narrative. Goodie Mob was more against the system, but they had songs like that too even a bit of trap talk, which influenced the T.I.'s and Jeezy's of the game. You ignore that T.I. has some positive songs that were huge.
southernplayalisticadillacmuzik Was a violent ass album to listen to

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also I wouldn't even bother arguing with these lying ass trolls on here.
If a man has 30K+ posts and going on moral crusades, there's a high chance breh isn't touching grass and
the local brehs in his town couldn't point him out of a line up.

He not doing shyt in his community just posting for internet brownie points.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This site isn't anti rap just against the murder praising drill raps
It’s not the subject matter either. This site is just against the sound. Take away the auto tune, trap hi hats, and just regularly rap and these nikkas would eat it up. Coli posters don’t really care about murder subject matter that much. They just care about how it sounds

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
It’s not the subject matter either. This site is just against the sound. Take away the auto tune, trap hi hats, and just regularly rap and these nikkas would eat it up. Coli posters don’t really care about murder subject matter that much. They just care about how it sounds
Yeah because they have a hard on for Griselda fr they just got old nikka ears