I noticed this site has become VERY ANTI Hip Hop lately…

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I also think folk need to realize talking music ain’t as fun anymore because of how silo’ed listening is. You can listen to modern music and still be in a completely different bubble than modern mainstream, etc. the default is always “there’s good music, you just have to find it” well the reality of that is we can all build our own bubbles and can further cement our stances against what we don’t like. You setting yourself up for failure to look for hip hop conversations to feel like they did in 1995 or 2005 :manny:
I’m def not looking for that but I’m just calling out how seriously out of touch, condescending and low key racist some of these posters are getting more and more.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
More like the site is anti GARBAGE hiphop.

Most discussions in here have actually devolved into what this nikka said about some other nikka. That's because the actual music these new nikkas is puttin out is garbage.
Site can't be "Anti garbage Hip-Hop" when actual DOPE Hip-Hop is going triple ply wood in the booth.

A lot of people on here ARE NOT heads.

They ARE NOT of the culture.
They aren't Dj's, Emcees, BBoys, Artists etc.
They just rock to the shyt they listened at 15 with the occasional new Hip-Hop artist.
They're here because it was marketed to them at the right time in their life not because they give a damn about
the artform and who is or isn't doing new or interesting things in it.

No it ain’t. This site is anti rap. nikkas celebrate when rappers die. nikkas have NO idea what’s going on when it comes to any artist past a certain year. nikkas celebrate when rappers die and blame rap for ALL of society’s ills.
TRUE!!!

We have to many fukking weirds on here masquerading as either Black or Hip-Hop
and a lot of y'all are lacking in both areas.

Pound for pound @spliz is a legit Hip-Hop head.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1) People have always been influenced by mannerisms and style of artists. That's nothing new and not even exclusive to music.

2) These kids putting stickers on guns is more alarming than them having guns in the first place? Make it make sense.

3) Those ski masks weren't popularized by a Pooh Shiesty. Those have always been popular, and I would argue that they became more popular when it was mandatory to wear masks and those ski masks are in style because those are more fashioble than wearing the regular masks.

4) A lot of the challenges especially the more violent and ove the top ones have NOTHING to do with the music. Most of the social media has nothing to do with the music.

5) Pills and syrup were already popular. That's why rappers started rapping about it. The streets have always influenced the music not the other way around. Pills have been big especially in colleges.

6) How do you think they keep up with the beefs? Social media. This is a whole culture that has NOTHING to do exclusively with Hip Hop culture. And it's a lot BIGGER than Hip Hop.
You're making some impressive reaches to play dumb about this:mjlol:

Yall want to bad to believe that the streets influence hip hop and it ends there but this shyt is a two way street and there's no way you can grow up in this culture or see kids now and believe otherwise without enormous cognitive dissonance

Syrup was REGIONAL for YEARS in Philly and Texas until Texas built a sound around it and made it cool enough that everybody wanted to do it and honestly the only reason syrup didn't become a full on epidemic is because it's not so easy to get in every state and it's an expensive habit

Pills was considered white people shyt for years until ATL nikkas started poppin more openly. Then Gucci and other ATL nikkas started rapping about pills and it grew from there

We gonna act like Wayne ain't the single biggest recruiting agent ever for Bloods? :mjlol: being from a city that prided itself on having no gangs?:mjlol:

i remember when this video came out. Within a few days nikkas was all of a sudden Bloods at my school. Hell Wayne himself probably became a blood because of this video:mjlol:

Looking in the sky and whistling like rap don't directly influence nikkas is ridiculous. Especially when so many of us have emulated rappers

Nikka when I was in 10th grade I straightened my hair to look like Snoop on the Doggfather cover:mjlol:

We was beating nikkas asses for no reason other than the fact that Lil Jon told us to:mjlol: my interactions with women were inspired by UGK lyrics:mjlol:

Come on now:mjlol:

Last edited:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
The change to basically 100% Gangsta rap in the 90s was heartbreaking to me but I still found plenty of joy.

Then it went totally braindead in the 2000s and I stopped paying attention to the new stuff.

Now they have actual rival gangs making records where they kill one another and rap about the actual murders.

I bet the record company profits greatly from a popular artist that dies at the height of their popularity.. so it's likely no accident.

OP do you seriously think I wrote this because I dislike Hip Hop? I don't even consider this new bullshyt to be actual Hip Hop.

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps

Yall want to bad to believe that the streets influence hip hop and it ends there but this shyt is a two way street and there's no way you can grow up in this culture or see kids now and believe otherwise without enormous cognitive dissonance

Syrup was REGIONAL for YEARS in Philly and Texas until Texas built a sound around it and made it cool enough that everybody wanted to do it and honestly the only reason syrup didn't become a full on epidemic is because it's not so easy to get in every state and it's an expensive habit

Pills was consider white people shyt for years until ATL nikkas started poppin more openly. Then Gucci and other ATL nikkas started rapping about pills and it grew from there

We gonna act like Wayne ain't the single biggest recruiting agent ever for Bloods? mjlol: being from a city that prided itself on having no gangs?:mjlol:

i remember when this video came out. Within a few days nikkas was all of a sudden Bloods at my school. Hell Wayne himself probably became a blood because of this video:mjlol:

Looking in the sky and whistling like rap don't directly influence nikkas is ridiculous. Especially when so many of us have emulated rappers

Nikka when I was in 10th grade I straightened my hair to look like Snoop on the Doggfather cover:mjlol:

We was beating nikkas asses for no reason other than the fact that Lil Jon told us too:mjlol:

U spittin :dead:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
U spittin :dead:
I'm just telling the truth:russ:

Nikkas know good and well what the fukk going on but acting like they were never influenced by rappers in their era

Acting like they weren't rolling one pants leg up, rocking them ugly ass baggy button ups after the Change Clothes video, or getting a perm like 8 Ball:mjlol:

And yes whether nikkas accept it or not it's a part of the ecosystem that pushes SOME nikkas into street shyt

Some of y'all sold your first lil bullshyt ass bag of weed because of a rapper:russ:

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Pills was considered white people shyt for years until ATL nikkas started poppin more openly. Then Gucci and other ATL nikkas started rapping about pills and it grew from there

We gonna act like Wayne ain't the single biggest recruiting agent ever for Bloods? :mjlol: being from a city that prided itself on having no gangs?:mjlol:

We was beating nikkas asses for no reason other than the fact that Lil Jon told us too:mjlol:

You're oversimplified. I never said Hip Hop wasn't an influence. I even said we were influenced by styles, mannerisms, etc. of rappers. This is not at all the same as getting a gun and killing someone because you heard it in a song. Huge leap from rocking a perm or even fighting in a club to somebody getting murdered and blaming it on music.

And Wayne and a lot of these rappers being bloods is laughable. It's not even the same. You might as well throw dancing Chris Brown into the gang member pool too. What they portray in music and videos is nothing like what those gangs are like in real life. And we can't act like those gangs haven't been huge since before Hip Hop existed. What we see Chris and Lil Wayne doing is a watered down, commercialized version of something that is far more deadlier and violent. And that even goes back to when rappers would throw gang signs in videos and got called out for it. People know the difference between Wayne and a real banger. Even the tats got commercialized because tatted tears meant something and that too got commercialized.

Weed was huge too, but let you tell it, Hip Hop popularized it because Dre dropped The Chronic in spite of the fact that he told us he ain't smoke weed or cess years prior. We had Friday. There was Cypress Hill, but we can act like Hip Hop and Hip Hop based movies influenced it.

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps

We was beating nikkas asses for no reason other than the fact that Lil Jon told us too:mjlol: my interactions with women were inspired by UGK lyrics:mjlol:

Soon as I switch over to youtube this is the first video on my feed

:dead: