I noticed this site has become VERY ANTI Hip Hop lately…

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
1. Yes they do. To say they aren’t is straight up 100% cap. That’s why cats like Charleston White are celebrated on here. Regardless of how goofy he is.
2. My guy I’m not the biggest fan of a lack of creativity but that part isn’t what’s called out. shyt I even call that out. But nikkas instead of criticizing the bars or something musically. Will call for ALL the rappers to get locked up or even killed in some cases. Based on the fukking music they make. That’s fukking insane white boy thinking and I don’t care what NONE of y’all nikkas gotta say about. And u was literally part of G Unit who were involved in all kinda bullshyt before and after rap. Most of these drill nikkas started off as 50 fans. Especially the Chicago drill scene. Which started it all.
3. I’m def sober and calling out the bullshyt, racism, out of touch posting and hypocrisy I see on this site 24/7 now.
Charleston White ain’t even 1% of the problem in hiphop, you’re being a bit ridiculous

Somebody like Charleston White don’t exist if the other problems in hip hop don’t exist. Charleston is low hanging fruit

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes it does I’ve seen kids that try to dress and act like YB down to the mannerisms

There’s kids in NYC putting stickers on the clips of their guns because Lil Durk rapped about it. Switches is the thing to have

Everyone nationwide started wearing ski masks because of Pooh Shiesty to the point they are now colloquially known as “shiestys”. G herbo got all the kids wearing AF1’s they calling them G Fazos everywhere

TikTok, YouTube, Instagram is all connected to the music that’s how kids digest music they don’t have $ to pay for streaming services or credit cards to file. That’s where all the NY drill dance challenges start TikTok. That’s why YB is arguably the biggest rapper even while being antisocial, anti industry, and not making mainstream palatable music he’s the YouTube king not the radio king. Instagram is where they keep up with everything and where they see the visuals and the lifestyle. They want the drip the rappers wear some younging cracking cards to get the bubble Moncler and patchwork Amiri jeans he saw A boogie or whoever wore. All these lil girls know what’s going on with Ari and Moneybagg and Jayda and Lil Baby. It ain’t no coincidence that you see so many LLC’s girls set up is cosmetics they follow that rapper girlfriend playbook of model, fashion design, make up artist

The influence is very real

The average kid today is infatuated with hip hop, video games like 2K and Fortnite, clothes, p*ssy, social media, and these kids all smoke and they fukking with harder drugs like pills and syrup that got popularized by hip hop. These lil nikkas keep up with drill like it’s a religion. They can tell you all the beefs how it started in depth, gang history, and know all the dances. shyt is a whole culture. Y’all keep thinking it’s a game just music nope y’all wrong.

The shyt I bolded is wrong these kids algorithms revolve around the so called “culture”. There’s many content creators. That’s what influences them and strictly what they digest.
"You must be a cac"

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Rap becoming an even younger man's game doesn't help either. The average age for a new rapper used to range from 22-27, that range is like 17-22 now. The oldies on here already have trouble keeping up with dudes who are closer to their age, it becomes worst when you introduce even younger guys like X, Juice, Pop, Roddy, Tjay, Polo G, YB, NLE, Tecca, etc. That's not even mentioning the young underground guys who make waves on TikTok.
Not really, dudes like pac, cube, LL, snoop, etc we’re all 18/19/20 but content and skill wise, they were light years ahead of these dudes. Issue is more so young destructive brehs getting on raw as hell or with no skill becuase rapping is just a side show to thuggin or being a depressed dope fiend. That shyt is hard to listen to anyone of any age spit, but especially if you’re a well adjusted, productive 30+ adult, and for me, even more so being a woman. The majority of hot young rappers aren’t appealing to those who don’t glorify street fukkery and don’t want to be told in 8000 really hateful ways we’re a bytch.

At least Nate Dogg and Snoop made me feel good or laugh while singing demeaning lyrics :russ:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Yes it does I’ve seen kids that try to dress and act like YB down to the mannerisms

There’s kids in NYC putting stickers on the clips of their guns because Lil Durk rapped about it. Switches is the thing to have

Everyone nationwide started wearing ski masks because of Pooh Shiesty to the point they are now colloquially known as “shiestys”. G herbo got all the kids wearing AF1’s they calling them G Fazos everywhere

TikTok, YouTube, Instagram is all connected to the music that’s how kids digest music they don’t have $ to pay for streaming services or credit cards to file. That’s where all the NY drill dance challenges start TikTok. That’s why YB is arguably the biggest rapper even while being antisocial, anti industry, and not making mainstream palatable music he’s the YouTube king not the radio king. Instagram is where they keep up with everything and where they see the visuals and the lifestyle. They want the drip the rappers wear some younging cracking cards to get the bubble Moncler and patchwork Amiri jeans he saw A boogie or whoever wore. All these lil girls know what’s going on with Ari and Moneybagg and Jayda and Lil Baby. It ain’t no coincidence that you see so many LLC’s girls set up is cosmetics they follow that rapper girlfriend playbook of model, fashion design, make up artist

The influence is very real

The average kid today is infatuated with hip hop, video games like 2K and Fortnite, clothes, p*ssy, social media, and these kids all smoke and they fukking with harder drugs like pills and syrup that got popularized by hip hop. These lil nikkas keep up with drill like it’s a religion. They can tell you all the beefs how it started in depth, gang history, and know all the dances. shyt is a whole culture. Y’all keep thinking it’s a game just music nope y’all wrong.

The shyt I bolded is wrong these kids algorithms revolve around the so called “culture”. There’s many content creators. That’s what influences them and strictly what they digest.
This isn’t different from the 00s. The only difference is how much accessibility We now have to artist outside of music

Social media is just the new Smack DVDs or beef DVDs

Crunk music was its own culture as well

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
The culture has been consolidated and cheapened ON PURPOSE..

Hip hop used to have different varieties of the artform that showcased the other sides of what made the culture great...

The internet and easy asscesibility has given all these kids Direct access to the bag which allows them to bypass the OGs and give them responsibilities they have no business having..

The OVERALL culture is reflecting what's happening in real time when the Big Homie just turned 22 and his youngboys are 15..

Social media is the extension of the self destruction that has become of the culture...

I give alot of ignorant music play so I won't even act like I'm holier than anyone..

We need to start encouraging the culture to clean itself up mentally/physically/spiritually

Daps
Reppin
404/678/770 тσ 702
I could log out right now, close down my tabs and not think about or see any of this shyt for da rest of da day & not be bothered about it. Why it ain't as simple for some to do da same is beyond me. Just log off. Problem solved. Ain't no way in hell am I finna be upset over any of this trivial ass shyt.

Daps
Reppin
404/678/770 тσ 702
The thing is, cats like DMX, the Lox, Biggie, 50, Dipset, Jeezy, etc have been talking about that for years, and no one says their catalog or music is filth. Hell, Pusha been rapping about selling coke for like 20 years :heh:

The Coli has a very hive like mindset when it comes to posters on here.

Dudes think lyricism and hot beats is what differentiates it from da very same shyt that they proclaim to despise. When it very much isn't.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
People seemed pretty sad about PNB rock, no one celebrates rappers dying, However when you post a nobody ass gangbanger who just happened to rap (90% gang member and 10% rapper), not sure why people expect folks to cry over someone who was clearly a menace to their neighborhood
These same people celebrate CW who will literally shyt on some of the most loved dead rappers ever and agree with him. They full of shyt. I’ve seen TOO much suspect shyt going on on this site to keep ignoring it.

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
1. Yes they do. To say they aren’t is straight up 100% cap. That’s why cats like Charleston White are celebrated on here. Regardless of how goofy he is.
2. My guy I’m not the biggest fan of a lack of creativity but that part isn’t what’s called out. shyt I even call that out. But nikkas instead of criticizing the bars or something musically. Will call for ALL the rappers to get locked up or even killed in some cases. Based on the fukking music they make. That’s fukking insane white boy thinking and I don’t care what NONE of y’all nikkas gotta say about. And u was literally part of G Unit who were involved in all kinda bullshyt before and after rap. Most of these drill nikkas started off as 50 fans. Especially the Chicago drill scene. Which started it all.
3. I’m def sober and calling out the bullshyt, racism, out of touch posting and hypocrisy I see on this site 24/7 now.
Its funny, this type of discussion is the end result of the type of forum OP seems to be wanting. His problem with the Coli is the self aware discussions on the music not in the moment fandom and non questioning revelry of the bullshyt like you would get in a IG comment section or reddit. I see most if the modernized rap discussion on the web being a straight up glorification of these dudes killing each other or gossip shyt with the music as a sidebar.

What really should be explored is some people's urge to craft a narrative around people having discussions that make you feel uncomfortable. The accusations dont even make any sense, yall sound even more out of touch than the oldheads with your capes out.

A racist white person would not be speaking against violent music centered around black on black violence. they would be egging it on, consuming it much like the teenage cacs in lil durk comments egging him on to "slide for Von".

This thread is just OP and several others trying to find a space safe from self reflection and some blue pills to chomp on

Nailed it