I noticed this site has become VERY ANTI Hip Hop lately…

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
U being a contrarian bro

1. Trying to walk like a whole nother person is a different level of worship

2. Both are alarming. The kid shouldn’t have a gun but nobody was putting stickers on clips here until Lil Durk rapped about it on Backdoor. Also now backdooring is now part of every youngings lexicon.

3. He absolutely popularized it that’s why they called “shiestys” now you just playing dumb. Nikkas wearing these shyts in 95 degree weather cut the cap.

4. I’m talking about dance challenges not violent challenges. At least this is positive I guess. Dancing is a huge part of the NY drill hip hop culture kids are infatuated with it.

5. Syrup was extremely regional it was some Texas shyt that spread throughout the South and blew up in hip hop because of Lil Wayne and Future. Nobody was drinking lean or popping percs like tic tacs up here 15 years ago.
Syru
6. No bro this IS modern hip hop culture

Me not agreeing with you =/= contrarian.

1. More often than not, people will mimic anything they perceive as cool. "Idol worship" is more prevalent among common people than them seeing someone famous doing it. This can be positive or negative depending on the influence.

2) Breh, if he didn't have the clips, what would he be putting stickers on. It is FAR more alarming that he would have the gun to begin with. There's your problem. Not the sticker. How do you not see this?

3) Again, it doesn't matter what they are calling the masks, those masks have always been popular and even more so now because we went a whole period where it was REQUIRED to wear masks regardless of what the weather was. It doesn't surprise me that people gravitated towards those masks. Same type of masks I saw in the "Thief's Theme" video nearly 20 years ago just without the graphic and it covers more of the face.

4) We're talking violence.

5) Syrup might have been regional, but pills were not. Em and D-12 aren't from The South.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
U being a contrarian bro

1. Trying to walk like a whole nother person is a different level of worship

2. Both are alarming. The kid shouldn’t have a gun but nobody was putting stickers on clips here until Lil Durk rapped about it on Backdoor. Also now backdooring is now part of every youngings lexicon.

3. He absolutely popularized it that’s why they called “shiestys” now you just playing dumb. Nikkas wearing these shyts in 95 degree weather cut the cap.

4. I’m talking about dance challenges not violent challenges. At least this is positive I guess. Dancing is a huge part of the NY drill hip hop culture kids are infatuated with it.

5. Syrup was extremely regional it was some Texas shyt that spread throughout the South and blew up in hip hop because of Lil Wayne and Future. Nobody was drinking lean or popping percs like tic tacs up here 15 years ago. Juice WRLD already told us he started sipping because of Future. Opiates wasn’t popping like that that was seen as a white America thing.

6. No bro this IS modern hip hop culture

I agree with all of this,

on point 5, I attribute even Future rapping about lean to Lil Wayne. He gets the lion-share of the blame when it comes to the popularization of Lean.

Prior to Wayne becoming a "blood", New Orleans didn't even have blood sets but now we do.

:francis:

• Dap
Reactions: ISO

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
thread is ambiguous as I don’t know what the real issue is. Is it:
- calling out the destruction this music has in our community
- mad becuase people calling the current generation wack
- mad becuase the current generation really is out here committing terrible crimes, glorifying it

Lots of angles here, and all have nuance. But hip hop is in a shyt state, both and men and women, it’s not c00ning to call it out. It’s c00ning to hide from the reality of what it promotes to kids, and it’s delusional to pretend people are as skilled or take the craft as seriously as the past

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
1. nikkas aint on here blaming all of society’s ills on hip hop, stop exaggerating

2. So if nikkas have an issue with murder-murder-kill-kil lyrics with ZERO creativity, just naming opps u shot at and killed or wanna kill, that makes them white right wingers or a c00n?

3. U must be off the henny. shyt is wild how some of yall minds process shyt
1. Yes they do. To say they aren’t is straight up 100% cap. That’s why cats like Charleston White are celebrated on here. Regardless of how goofy he is.
2. My guy I’m not the biggest fan of a lack of creativity but that part isn’t what’s called out. shyt I even call that out. But nikkas instead of criticizing the bars or something musically. Will call for ALL the rappers to get locked up or even killed in some cases. Based on the fukking music they make. That’s fukking insane white boy thinking and I don’t care what NONE of y’all nikkas gotta say about. And u was literally part of G Unit who were involved in all kinda bullshyt before and after rap. Most of these drill nikkas started off as 50 fans. Especially the Chicago drill scene. Which started it all.
3. I’m def sober and calling out the bullshyt, racism, out of touch posting and hypocrisy I see on this site 24/7 now.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Me not agreeing with you =/= contrarian.

1. More often than not, people will mimic anything they perceive as cool. "Idol worship" is more prevalent among common people than them seeing someone famous doing it. This can be positive or negative depending on the influence.

2) Breh, if he didn't have the clips, what would he be putting stickers on. It is FAR more alarming that he would have the gun to begin with. There's your problem. Not the sticker. How do you not see this?

3) Again, it doesn't matter what they are calling the masks, those masks have always been popular and even more so now because we went a whole period where it was REQUIRED to wear masks regardless of what the weather was. It doesn't surprise me that people gravitated towards those masks. Same type of masks I saw in the "Thief's Theme" video nearly 20 years ago just without the graphic and it covers more of the face.

4) We're talking violence.

5) Syrup might have been regional, but pills were not. Em and D-12 aren't from The South.
1. I guess :skip: I personally never copied another man’s gait or mannerisms you think trying to be like YB is positive or negative?

2. The kid shouldn’t have a gun obviously we know that but the fact that he put stickers on the gun clip shows the influence that hip-hop can have especially for at risk youths like that kid obviously is.

3. Those masks were never worn like that if they were worn it was in the winter. They were popular in NYC about 10 years ago dudes wore them with their Marmot biggie coats but it fell out of style and even then it wasn’t worn with the regularity that it is now, regardless of season, regardless of setting. He is universally known today amongst this generation for popularizing that trend so much that the masks are named after him.

Screen-Shot-2022-01-07-at-3.48.31-PM.png

4. 15 years ago it was not common for inner city teenagers to drink codeine and take percocets. There’s cities like Philly where pill popping been a big thing for a minute but that wasn’t the case nationwide. Future, Lil Wayne, and other rappers had a huge effective in popularizing the shyt they made it cool.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
THIS guy gets it. THIS is the type of shyt I’m talking about. The undertones on this site is OD racist I don’t give a fukk what none of these “anti hip hop or anti message” muthafukkas talkin bout that’s replying. I be seeing some blatant c00n and racist posting on here. Just go to TLR. That shyt is damn near full on right wing.
That’s just TLR in general for the past 5 years, it’s not about hip hop for them. They hate women, Jews, Latinos, mixed people/interracial couples, dating apps, makeup, hot weather, social safety nets…and those gainfully employed, hip hop, smiling, extroverts, hoes, prudes, marriage, baby mamas, etc etc

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
U literally missed the point. The point is AGAINST nikkas who are out of touch. Smh. And I would expect people who frequent a fukking hip hop site and post on a hip hop board to atleast like rap music. They blame rap music and drill music for every issue in America. These nikkas damn near celebrate whenever a rapper dies. U think that’s normal shyt?
People seemed pretty sad about PNB rock, no one celebrates rappers dying, However when you post a nobody ass gangbanger who just happened to rap (90% gang member and 10% rapper), not sure why people expect folks to cry over someone who was clearly a menace to their neighborhood

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Facts there are a ton of decent to dope threads/topics with no to few replies :francis:. Meanwhile a thread built upon some bullshyt has mega chapters
That’s human nature. You can go in the coliseum and a game thread or discussion about playing style gets 5 pages (35 ppp) yet an unclarified revelation of Ime Udoka cheating is 58 pages :francis:

People love fukkery :ld:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. I guess :skip: I personally never copied another man’s gait or mannerisms you think trying to be like YB is positive or negative?

2. The kid shouldn’t have a gun obviously we know that but the fact that he put stickers on the gun clip shows the influence that hip-hop can have especially for at risk youths like that kid obviously is.

3. Those masks were never worn like that if they were worn it was in the winter. They were popular in NYC about 10 years ago dudes wore them with their Marmot biggie coats but it fell out of style and even then it wasn’t worn with the regularity that it is now, regardless of season, regardless of setting. He is universally known today amongst this generation for popularizing that trend so much that the masks are named after him.

Screen-Shot-2022-01-07-at-3.48.31-PM.png

4. 15 years ago it was not common for inner city teenagers to drink codeine and take percocets. There’s cities like Philly where pill popping been a big thing for a minute but that wasn’t the case nationwide. Future, Lil Wayne, and other rappers had a huge effective in popularizing the shyt they made it cool.

1) Negative or positive depends on what they are copying.

2) The direct influence is the sticker, which is irrelevant when said person already has a gun. Stickers ain't killing nobody.

3) They weren't worn like that before because masks weren't mandatory. With mask mandates, people were wearing all kinds of masks including masks that were basically ski masks in public regardless of the weather. Yes, they may be called Shiestys, but that still doesn't nullify that this was a thing before they were called Shiestys.

4) Breh, pills were a thing before Lil Wayne or Future became popular.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I also think folk need to realize talking music ain’t as fun anymore because of how silo’ed listening is. You can listen to modern music and still be in a completely different bubble than modern mainstream, etc. the default is always “there’s good music, you just have to find it” well the reality of that is we can all build our own bubbles and can further cement our stances against what we don’t like. You setting yourself up for failure to look for hip hop conversations to feel like they did in 1995 or 2005 :manny:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
thread is ambiguous as I don’t know what the real issue is. Is it:
- calling out the destruction this music has in our community
- mad becuase people calling the current generation wack
- mad becuase the current generation really is out here committing terrible crimes, glorifying it

Lots of angles here, and all have nuance. But hip hop is in a shyt state, both and men and women, it’s not c00ning to call it out. It’s c00ning to hide from the reality of what it promotes to kids, and it’s delusional to pretend people are as skilled or take the craft as seriously as the past
I think the general consensus from the informed posters are that the site has an age issue that will inherently lead to less talk about current hiphop

What gets daps and generates activity in the TRL( fake militancy and right wing talking points) have infiltrated other parts of this board

Current Mainstream rap is so Street now that it can definitely lose its appeal to different demographics of rap fans

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another factor is that today's stars are social media influencers. People are more connected to a lifestyle than they are a song. So if I do something and it goes viral, millions are going to try to copycat that for clout, money, or both. They follow whatever is poppin on social media. If that happens to be rapper, then so be it. A lot of them have more followers on social media than they have listeners on Spotify or Apple or even both combined.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I also think folk need to realize talking music ain’t as fun anymore because of how silo’ed listening is. You can listen to modern music and still be in a completely different bubble than modern mainstream, etc. the default is always “there’s good music, you just have to find it” well the reality of that is we can all build our own bubbles and can further cement our stances against what we don’t like. You setting yourself up for failure to look for hip hop conversations to feel like they did in 1995 or 2005 :manny:
Basically

There’s too much music and too many different ways to listen to music

Prior to streaming music was primarily consumed through albums and
listening to the radio and music videos

Listening to 1 artist for over an hour feels archaic