I noticed this site has become VERY ANTI Hip Hop lately…

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I love hip-hop, but at the end of it, I just think hip-hop has overstayed it's welcome. Everything there is to be done in hip-hop has been done. Previous generations would have moved on to a different genre by now. Why are kids still listening to a (watered down) genre we listened to when we were their age?
The music industry as a whole has been in a creative slump for years now
Hip hop is this all encompassing term the shyt being released today is a far cry from what nikkas was doing in the parks in the Bronx in the 70’s.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't agree with the bolded at all. Nikkas didn't just start getting killed at gas stations

And it's amazing me that nikkas can see how the streets have gotten wilder in some ways(I know there were more murders in the 90s spare me the links:mjlol:) and the music has gotten wilder but when it's time to conflate the two nikkas turn into scientists and try to find every reason not to connect the two. This shyt is a relationship

Gucci Mane himself admits regret for making The Truth because he saw the floodgates of fukkery he opened and how excited nikkas get about that song. That's just one example in 500 of how shyt escalates and assimilates into society

I didn't say that it just started happening. I am noticing an influx in it happening though and I am talking about among teens and younger adults. Some of them are barely old enough to drive, but have guns.

And I'm saying this as someone who was young and

1) played violent video games

2) watched movies with violence

3) listened to gangsta rap

I didn't have access to a gun and even if I did, I didn't have a reason or need to use one.

KingsOfKings

𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕚𝕓 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒𝕥
Daps
Imma be honest I've been noticing alot with this section and I can understand why top tier posters don't post at all or they venture to other sections. I see more "Hall of Fame" posters post and ghost this section or just hang in the coliseum or the film room. They don't have all of that.

The other day we had a guy in a thread literally spamming the hell out of the comments (he literally had 5-6 posts on one page with the same shyt!) because he didn't like a certain artist and WAS LITERALLY MAD😡 that others wasn't agreeing with him when he called the artist wack. And started trolling. Childish shyt.

What upset me more is I understand cats got there own opinion but don't get mad when someone disagrees with you or asks you as a hip hop head to put some weight on your opinion and you can't even give a proper explanation as to why he/she is "wack" or even what would make them better.

I'll never get why the fukk ppl on here go in threads of artist they don't like just to say this artist is basic or he's wack as fukk. That shyt counterproductive. I don't fool with Drake or Lil Baby so you never see me in threads by them. A&Rs don't even do that shyt but some on here want to act like "internet A&Rs". Emotional intelligence something alot don't have. Why give energy to a thread or comment on a artist you claim not to like.

Last edited:

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
@ISO and @CrimsonTider are right, there was a shift in the game with Keef's rise and blow up, you had rappers who weren't even from Chicago talking about smoking Tooka. That was how big his influence was, but then again you don't get a Chief Keef without a 50 Cent or Waka Flocka. It skewed the game to where most the songs popping right now is talking about murder shyt.

That and this forum does skew older

StackorStarve

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I quoted your post because you said drill isn’t even played on the radio like kids even listen to the radio nowadays. Music is more accessible because of smart phones and the internet so majority of kids have access to more music than kids did when I was young. Show me the posts where others are saying “it’s not the sole problem but it doesn’t help” like I am
Yeah and I responded by saying the increased access to music has not caused a spike in anything drill music glorifies. The criminal activity rapped about in drill music was worse before drill and smart phones ever existed so your logic is flawed. Thats been my point off rip. I’ve never dug up any bodies old posts to prove a point that shyt is lame to me. If you browse through TLR often you know what I’m talking about.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Dude know what he be doing I always call him out on his shyt… bruh quick to come in a thread when it’s something negative but anything positive he nowhere to be found .. fukk boy

You don't call shyt out, what you do is whine about me not posting in a thread that isn't on the front page because it doesn't get any engagement.

Clown shyt

:mjlol:

RoCKetSity256

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NorthW62d Hat Boys
Yeah and I responded by saying the increased access to music has not caused a spike in anything drill music glorifies. The criminal activity rapped about in drill music was worse before drill and smart phones ever existed so your logic is flawed. Thats been my point off rip. I’ve never dug up any bodies old posts to prove a point that shyt is lame to me. If you browse through TLR often you know what I’m talking about.
I thought you were referring to the posts in this thread I wasn’t expecting for you to go dig up old threads I hadn’t seen anybody in here saying what I was saying. It’s all good though we have different opinions about the topic no big deal

StackorStarve

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I thought you were referring to the posts in this thread I wasn’t expecting for you to go dig up old threads I hadn’t seen anybody in here saying what I was saying. It’s all good though we have different opinions about the topic no big deal
Nah I meant overall but I agree it’s okay to have diff opinions. Respect breh.