I noticed this site has become VERY ANTI Hip Hop lately…

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I'm not talking about me personally I don't even listen to drill but that IS the sentiment

I've seen kids AND adults discussing drill beefs like it was Game Of Thrones. Speculation and excitement about what's next, who's dissing who, who's dying next, etc

The music gets away with not sounding that "good" because the authenticity balance makes up for whatever is lacking in skill

But again we don't get there without previous generations having done the same shyt cause I seen just as many nikkas in years past debating shyt like Pac's street resume
Ah, okay, I see what you're saying. Yeah, I'm definitely not into it for those reasons. I just like songs that have good lyrics and/or beats. If it happens to be about death, I'll still give it a listen if it's good. Just most of those types of songs these days aren't.

Lonj

Superstar
Daps
I love hip-hop, but at the end of it, I just think hip-hop has overstayed it's welcome. Everything there is to be done in hip-hop has been done. Previous generations would have moved on to a different genre by now. Why are kids still listening to a (watered down) genre we listened to when we were their age?
The music industry as a whole has been in a creative slump for years now.

Daps
What type of thinking?

How is hip hop under attack? That shyt sound good when you don't have to intelligently explain it but what exactly do you mean?

Hip Hop has been the target of errything wrong with the black community.

Tired of hearing it.

Im ah keep blastng my shyt that scare CACs like it aint no tomorrow. its entertainment like - movies and harry potter books.

Daps
I love hip-hop, but at the end of it, I just think hip-hop has overstayed it's welcome. Everything there is to be done in hip-hop has been done. Previous generations would have moved on to a different genre by now. Why are kids still listening to a (watered down) genre we listened to when we were their age?
nah.

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
I been knew that this site was mostly cacs so that part don't even surprise me. Funniest shyt on The Coli is when you disagree with someone and they try to guilt trip you into liking what they like, lol.

I just watched a nikka in that "Lil Yachty - Poland" thread tell another poster that he didn't like to have fun because he thought a Lil Yachty song was trash. WHAT? :mjlol: First, a lot of posters who try to get that off don't even be outside like that. They in DJ Akademiks stream on Twitch in the chat tryna live vicariously through him. Second, the clubs and parties nikkas go to ARE NOT playing no damn "Poland" by Lil Yachty, lol. I'm strictly going to mack on a bytch and dance (like, actually dance), not moshpit with some sweaty ass snow apes. People will stampede the DJ if he go from playing Davido, Vybz Kartel or some house music to that trash, lol. The shyt I read be so absurd that I just laugh at most of it.

Daps
I been knew that this site was mostly cacs so that part don't even surprise me. Funniest shyt on The Coli is when you disagree with someone and they try to guilt trip you into liking what they like, lol.

I just watched a nikka in that "Lil Yachty - Poland" thread tell another poster that he didn't like to have fun because he thought a Lil Yachty song was trash. WHAT? :mjlol: First, a lot of posters who try to get that off don't even be outside like that. They in DJ Akademiks stream on Twitch in the chat tryna live vicariously through him. Second, the clubs and parties nikkas go to ARE NOT playing no damn "Poland" by Lil Yachty, lol. I'm strictly going to mack on a bytch and dance (like, actually dance), not moshpit with some sweaty ass snow apes. People will stampede the DJ if he go from playing Davido, Vybz Kartel or some house music to that trash, lol. The shyt I read be so absurd that I just laugh at most of it.

juss wait till they film the lyrical lemondade video doe

it aint hitting right now... but i can smell a hit from the demo

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Now this is out of touch

RoCKetSity256

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NorthW62d Hat Boys
You decided to quote me first breh. My points have remained the same so idk what you’re talking about. A lot of people on this board go out of their way to shyt on todays rap music by associating and blaming it for the violence we see outside today. Then they pull the same tap dancing routine you are now by saying oh I don’t think it’s really responsible for it but it doesn’t help. If that’s how they feel then why the fukk do they constantly keep bringing it up instead of focusing on the real issues. It’s an easy way to sound intelligent or woke but it’s mad lazy and distracts from real problems in our community.
I quoted your post because you said drill isn’t even played on the radio like kids even listen to the radio nowadays. Music is more accessible because of smart phones and the internet so majority of kids have access to more music than kids did when I was young. Show me the posts where others are saying “it’s not the sole problem but it doesn’t help” like I am

Tflasha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
We're not against rap, we're not against rappers, but we are against those thugs :sas2:
maxresdefault.jpg

:ohlawd:its, the thuggish ruggish bone

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hip Hop has been the target of errything wrong with the black community.

Tired of hearing it.

Im ah keep blastng my shyt that scare CACs like it aint no tomorrow. its entertainment like - movies and harry potter books.
Where did I blame hip hop for everything wrong with the black community? You not only haven't read my posts in here you didn't even read the one you posted correctly :mjlol:

And you ain't scaring nobody blasting your shyt. Then cacs probably listening to the same shyt:mjlol:

The irony of you agreeing with op then proceeding to say the whitest shyt I've seen in here so far:dead:

Daps
Where did I blame hip hop for everything wrong with the black community? You not only haven't read my posts in here you didn't even read the one you posted correctly :mjlol:

And you ain't scaring nobody blasting your shyt. Then cacs probably listening to the same shyt:mjlol:

The irony of you agreeing with op then proceeding to say the whitest shyt I've seen in here so far:dead:

yu know nikkas dont read, bruh

i prolly shouldnt enter debates high doee

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Yeah I mean I may not like some of the music and artists currently out now but I'll never shyt on Hip-Hop.

TLR is infested with cosplaying CACs and nerdy bruhs who have this resentful attitude towards Hip-Hop among other things.

Their extreme disdain for Hip-Hop has them lashing out but it's not really just Hip-Hop that's got them in a rage they are just using Hip-Hop as a cover up for what's really making them angry. The others are just CACs who never liked Hip-Hop anyway and resorting back to their discriminative attitudes they've had for the genre since the 90s.

Another thing is that this site has a lot more older people than we like to believe. TLR has a lot of bruhs who are in their mid-late 30s with some already past 40yrs old shyt I even think a few 50yr olds, so I assume it could also be them feeling at odds because they can't really relate to this current era of music so they feel pretty much indifferent.

They be doing this on every topic involving black people. If it's about BW, they will use women or young bw as proxy. If it's about black children, they ill refer to the culture or black parents.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I quoted your post because you said drill isn’t even played on the radio like kids even listen to the radio nowadays. Music is more accessible because of smart phones and the internet so majority of kids have access to more music than kids did when I was young. Show me the posts where others are saying “it’s not the sole problem but it doesn’t help” like I am
Straight up what posters here think kids are listening to is not what kids are listening to :mjlol: