I noticed this site has become VERY ANTI Hip Hop lately…

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How is it hypocrisy? I said I don't like listening to people rap about actual real life murders, and that I want the songs to be good.
That's fine, but you're not seeing the conflation

Part of what makes the songs good now is them being about real life murders, because back in the day y'all loved the songs about fake murder so much

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I'ma put it this way OP.

There were only one hip hop album that made my top ten list:

mme_standard_packshot.jpg

Everything else is obscure shyt that only koalas understand, real ones can hop on as well:wow:

RoCKetSity256

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NorthW62d Hat Boys
I doubt the majority of the kids you grew up with who also listened to rap music went on to become murderers and criminals unless they already had serious issues outside of what kind of music they listened to. There hasn’t been a spike in violence because music is more accessible now. Violence was worse before music became more accessible so your logic doesn’t add up. The same thing that happened with your generation will happen with ours and the ones after us. They’ll all grow to be regular people who listened to rap a lot more when they were younger, not career criminals because EST Gee sounded dope on a couple tracks they had on repeat.
As I stated music isn’t the sole reason for violence or crime since you added that to the equation. But when dealing with impressionable kids it doesn’t help. So I don’t see the point your making regarding my post. I personally think the junky glorification has more impact on the kids than the violence does but sometimes the drug habits go hand in hand with the violence. When I was a teenager kids would smoke weed or get drunk nowadays kids are addicted to ecstasy cut with anything and pain pills (synthetic heroin). Pair the music with the hard drugs these kids are using it’s crazy. As I said music isn’t the reason for all the black communities problems but it isn’t helping

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Idk about this this stuff been happening :usure:

Lived in the same place all my life and nothing like that ever happened in those places I described. One of the gas stations I was referring to was frequented by officers. It is a 24 hour joint. Nobody ever got killed there until last year. Fights have happened there, but nobody killed especially teenagers. The drug deal gone wrong was also a first.

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
That's fine, but you're not seeing the conflation

Part of what makes the songs good now is them being about real life murders, because back in the day y'all loved the songs about fake murder so much
But the songs aren't good. I shouldn't say that in such a general sense, but a lot of the drill and murder music just doesn't sound good to me, from a rap standpoint. And if you think the songs being about real life murders is what makes them good, you might have some issues lol. But I know what you are getting at, authenticity. I don't want authenticity that ends in young black people dying. Be authentic about making money, getting women, all that stuff, but yeah, actual killing takes me out of it. Music is my relaxation and escape from the bullshyt out here

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Site is out of touch but that is why i fukk wit it. we could be ktt2.
I don’t even think KTT is popping anymore :skip:

The shyt now is city specific hip-hop Reddit groups and social media comment sections following the big hip hop pages

Daps
I don’t even think KTT is popping anymore :skip:

The shyt now is city specific hip-hop Reddit groups

well.... we could be reddit. round here we like our beats sounding str8 from the 90s and our rappers rapping. fukk that polished shyt.

QU Hectic

Superstar
Daps
Black people not liking positive music is false. You can't make a blanket statement about an entire race. This is what @spliz was getting at.

Even further, you did the same thing with Atlanta rap. Kast had music with gun talk from a first person narrative. Goodie Mob was more against the system, but they had songs like that too even a bit of trap talk, which influenced the T.I.'s and Jeezy's of the game. You ignore that T.I. has some positive songs that were huge.

His biggest album was him redeeming himself from the stuff he put out before.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Difference between then and now is that the youth really are about the life. They don't care about catching bodies. Even as early as 20 years ago, two teens getting into at a gas station wouldn't have ended with a life lost. This has nothing to do with emulating rappers and everything to do with mentality that has nothing to do with music.

I'll give you an example, three teens in my area were involved in a drug deal gone wrong. One of the teens were gunned down by a white girl. She was caught and arrested. Her accomplice was on the run. He was captured during the commission of another crime and tried to shoot it out with the cops. They shot him, but he lived and was arrested.

Two other incidents occurred at gas stations. Watching the news and its a bunch of random murders among the youth that don't involve music and no one wants to talk about:

1) Where are they getting the guns from?

2) Where are the parents at?
I can't agree with the bolded at all. Nikkas didn't just start getting killed at gas stations

And it's amazing me that nikkas can see how the streets have gotten wilder in some ways(I know there were more murders in the 90s spare me the links:mjlol:) and the music has gotten wilder but when it's time to conflate the two nikkas turn into scientists and try to find every reason not to connect the two. This shyt is a relationship

Gucci Mane himself admits regret for making The Truth because he saw the floodgates of fukkery he opened and how excited nikkas get about that song. That's just one example in 500 of how shyt escalates and assimilates into society

Daps
I can't agree with the bolded at all. Nikkas didn't just start getting killed at gas stations

And it's amazing me that nikkas can see how the streets have gotten wilder in some ways(I know there were more murders in the 90s spare me the links:mjlol:) and the music has gotten wilder but when it's time to conflate the two nikkas turn into scientists and try to find every reason not to connect the two. This shyt is a relationship

Gucci Mane himself admits regret for making The Truth because he saw the floodgates of fukkery he opened and how excited nikkas get about that song. That's just one example in 500 of how shyt escalates and assimilates into society

oh, its people like this that the topic of the op is about.

yeah i cant fukk with this type of thinking.

Hip Hop is under attack

StackorStarve

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
As I stated music isn’t the sole reason for violence or crime since you added that to the equation. But when dealing with impressionable kids it doesn’t help. So I don’t see the point you’re making regarding my post. I personally think the junky glorification has more impact on the kids than the violence does but sometimes the drug habits go hand in hand with the violence. When I was a teenager kids would smoke weed or get drunk nowadays kids are addicted to ecstasy cut with anything and pain pills (synthetic heroin). Pair the music with the hard drugs these kids are using it’s crazy. As I said music isn’t the reason for all the black communities problems but it isn’t helping
You decided to quote me first breh. My points have remained the same so idk what you’re talking about. A lot of people on this board go out of their way to shyt on todays rap music by associating and blaming it for the violence we see outside today. Then they pull the same tap dancing routine you are now by saying oh I don’t think it’s really responsible for it but it doesn’t help. If that’s how they feel then why the fukk do they constantly keep bringing it up instead of focusing on the real issues. It’s an easy way to sound intelligent or woke but it’s mad lazy and distracts from real problems in our community.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But the songs aren't good. I shouldn't say that in such a general sense, but a lot of the drill and murder music just doesn't sound good to me, from a rap standpoint. And if you think the songs being about real life murders is what makes them good, you might have some issues lol. But I know what you are getting at, authenticity. I don't want authenticity that ends in young black people dying. Be authentic about making money, getting women, all that stuff, but yeah, actual killing takes me out of it. Music is my relaxation and escape from the bullshyt out here
I'm not talking about me personally I don't even listen to drill but that IS the sentiment

I've seen kids AND adults discussing drill beefs like it was Game Of Thrones. Speculation and excitement about what's next, who's dissing who, who's dying next, etc

The music gets away with not sounding that "good" because the authenticity balance makes up for whatever is lacking in skill

But again we don't get there without previous generations having done the same shyt cause I seen just as many nikkas in years past debating shyt like Pac's street resume