I noticed this site has become VERY ANTI Hip Hop lately…

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
"Hypnotize" was a far bigger hit than. "Juicy" and has him talking "note for the plaintiff, your daughter's tied up in a Brooklyn basement", "squeeze first, ask questions last", "I still leave you on the pavement", etc.

Gangsta Rap was huge in the 90's and we understood that it was entertainment. And what's funny is people complained when songs like "Hypnotize" became the norm because it was a danceable song. It became "the jiggy/shiny suit era is killing Hip Hop".

Just say you have a problem with current Hip Hop because you don't like it instead of trying to use the whole "it pushes negative agendas" narrative to justify not liking it.
That’s just a couple lines that are easy to tune out Biggie mostly flexing on that and the hook is far from some street shyt which is what the audience recites. U are being a contrarian again.

The names being mentioned here Jeezy, Dipset, Lox, 50, Biggie, Lil Wayne their hits didn’t sound like the ones today.

Big difference from songs like Back In Blood and songs they put out like Put On, I Really Mean It, Oh Boy, We Gon Make It, In Da Club, Juicy, Big Poppa, Hustler Muzik, Lolipop, etc.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Authenticity didn't sell records. Selling the illusion of authenticity is what sold the records. Most rappers were just telling the stories of the people who actually did the dirt or they took on the persona.
Fans have always bought into the character tho. People weren’t going around saying Jay z was pretending to be a dope boy

I understand it’s different now because we actually have proof that Pooh Sheisty is really about what raps about but the results are the same.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Non street artist need a machine to compete with street artists. If Cole, Kendrick, Travis and Drake did not come in the game with machines and heavy co-signs.

It would of been Rick Ross/MMG------->Waka Flocka------->Keef to where we are now.

Which happened regardless anways. Black people dont like positive conscious music as a collective. Like it has been sated previously in here.

Lox/DMX/Dipset/Gunit were all rapping the same shyt as the new guys. Its just that these new nikkas are actively living it as well.

Atlanta didnt follow Oukast and Goodie Mobb they followed TI, Jeezy and Gucci.

Black people not liking positive music is false. You can't make a blanket statement about an entire race. This is what @spliz was getting at.

Even further, you did the same thing with Atlanta rap. Kast had music with gun talk from a first person narrative. Goodie Mob was more against the system, but they had songs like that too even a bit of trap talk, which influenced the T.I.'s and Jeezy's of the game. You ignore that T.I. has some positive songs that were huge.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Speaking only for myself, the songs back then presented the violence in a fantasy way, along with the money and women. And the rappers were good at rapping. Now, when I hear YBNBASAP Yung Corduroy Pants spitting, "I just popped 3 opps outside the ice cream shoppe," then 3 weeks later he gets arrested for actually having killed 3 people, it's just sad. Like a lot of it is just not fun to listen to
The violence was not presented in a fantasy way. Y’all are being disingenuous

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s just a couple lines that are easy to tune out Biggie mostly flexing on that and the hook is far from some street shyt which is what the audience recites. U are being a contrarian again.

The names being mentioned here Jeezy, Dipset, Lox, 50, Biggie, Lil Wayne their hits didn’t sound like the ones today.

Big difference from songs like Back In Blood and songs they put out like Put On, I Really Mean It, Oh Boy, We Gon Make It, In Da Club, Juicy, Big Poppa, Hustler Muzik, Lolipop, etc.

That's not being contrarian. I was comparing a Biggie song to a Biggie song and his biggest song has several lines of gun talk. Fans of that song know the whole song not just the hook. It was a #1 record.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

This here

Jay z “Come and Get Me” is telling the same story as “Back in Blood”

Come in get me never even gets a chance to be a hit record in 98 because no one is putting that out to casual fans

Back in blood is one of the biggest songs of 2020

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Speaking only for myself, the songs back then presented the violence in a fantasy way, along with the money and women. And the rappers were good at rapping. Now, when I hear YBNBASAP Yung Corduroy Pants spitting, "I just popped 3 opps outside the ice cream shoppe," then 3 weeks later he gets arrested for actually having killed 3 people, it's just sad. Like a lot of it is just not fun to listen to
Well I hate to break it to you breh but you admitting that your old gangsta rap was fun to listen is a direct line to the "sad" shyt you see now

Y'all really are full of shyt and can't even see the connections of all of this

It ain't so "fun" when it ain't "fantasy" now is it:mjlol:

Just like you thought that shyt was "fun" and cool to listen to, some other nikkas agreed and went outside to do it

I know it's blasphemy to admit raps influence but the truth is

1. Rappers rapped about shyt going on in the streets
2. Nikkas wanted to emulate the shyt they heard from rappers
3. More shyt goes on in the streets
4. Repeat step 1

Both things feed each other then when it gets to the point it is now nikkas wanna be sad about it

It's too late don't be sad now nikka:russ:

Y'all wanna be entertained and sad at the same time and it don't work like that:manny:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fans have always bought into the character tho. People weren’t going around saying Jay z was pretending to be a dope boy

I understand it’s different now because we actually have proof that Pooh Sheisty is really about what raps about but the results are the same.

I agree that this is more accurate than your previous post.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Excuses like the bolded are the reason shyt will never change:russ:

RoCKetSity256

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NorthW62d Hat Boys
These mfers don’t have a clue what they’re talking about. It’s hilarious. They never play drill on the radio. They probably think people still watching music videos on BET too 😂
Majority of the youth have phones and music is way more accessible right now. If you were a teen in the sohh era most likely you have a family and kids right now. You overlook things when youre young like the impact that music has on the youth. You grow up and realize how impressionable children are. Drill music isn’t solely responsible for violence in the black community but for the young impressionable kids it damn sure doesn’t help. People grow and mature and their views change. People who don’t realize that are probably young immature or don’t have a family

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This here

Jay z “Come and Get Me” is telling the same story as “Back in Blood”

Come in get me never even gets a chance to be a hit record in 98 because no one is putting that out to casual fans

Back in blood is one of the biggest songs of 2020

"Come & Get Me" doesn't have traction to be a huge song in the 90's because we had nowhere in which the songs were readily available at our fingertips. We had to buy the album to hear that song. Now, you can just pull up random songs on YouTube.

Anton

All Star
Daps
Take 3 years off my life and I’m back in high school. So Ian no fukking old head but you labeled one quick if you prefer anything over durk and them.

The weird ass nikka who like Beyoncé and allat sht can make a post bout durk and his ole lady getting into it and that mf will jump for 100+.

nikka make a post bout a song having a deep ass message that we ain’t catch and you’ll get 200+ views but only 5 replies. These nikkas gay :dead: Or really women on the low cause it ain’t no way.
you one of them young nikkas that think he smart cuz he listen to oldhead music

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Excuses like the bolded are the reason shyt will never change:russ:
I’m not making any excuses.

I’m saying Biggie singles are relatively clean compared to what passes for a rap hit today.

Songs like WAP and Back In Blood being chart toppers is crazy.

I agree with you that the paradigm shifted.