I never saw Michael Jordan play in his prime....

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
you're exagerating . Plus Kobe been great, for a longer stretch than MJ

Jordan played fewer years and got more rings. He retired at 34 averaging what Kobe is averaging now and the fact that he put up 22-5-5 at 38 years and 20 ppg at 39 speaks to the quality of his skills. MJ retired at 29. Had he not retired, MJ would have 7 or 8 rings. Possibly 8 titles in a row.

It's close but not that close breh MJ > Kobe with a career ave of 30-6-5

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
lol @ OP saying jordan better and a better player may come along yet the Father less crew runs in here shytting on kobe and upping daddy

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
Jordan played fewer years and got more rings. He retired at 34 averaging what Kobe is averaging now and the fact that he put up 22-5-5 at 38 years and 20 ppg at 39 speaks to the quality of his skills. MJ retired at 29. Had he not retired, MJ would have 7 or 8 rings. Possibly 8 titles in a row.

It's close but not that close breh MJ > Kobe with a career ave of 30-6-5

You got the ages wrong breh. Jordan retired the first time at 30. The second time at 35 but back to the lecture at hand...I don't think he wins 8 straight titles either and I am a Jordan stan. I don't deal with possibilities. Its like saying the Heat could be going for a 3 peat if they didn't lose to Dallas. You either did or you didn't...so much happens in a season plus teams eventually wear down 100+ games when you include playoffs.

I watched just about every game of the bulls from '90 to '98 on WGN while I grew up in Houston...used to go back and forth on games even when they played the same nights as the Rockets. Yes, I was also a fan of Pippen so I didn't stop watching when MJ retired the first time. Some of these young nikkas don't know about Bozo the Clown to start trying to say Kobe is as good or better than Jordan.

The biggest thing that Jordan has over Kobe is his bball IQ and defense. Skill wise they are about even, but it is how efficient someone is at using that skill that sets them apart. Its like two guys with the Porsche 911, but one is more efficient at reading the track/other drivers, efficient at braking, and anticipating turns. That is Jordan compared when compared to Kobe. Kobe's talent is immense but his bball IQ is slightly above average, he makes up for it in sheer determination and talent. Kobe is a player driven more by emotion which impacts his decision making on the court and his leadership skills. But that emotion, especially his passion and love for the game is something that I think he has over MJ. It has helped build and improve his skill for 17 years.

He is a harder worker than MJ and I don't think anybody trains more than Kobe. His work ethic is legendary. When I think of someone that truly loves the game of basketball...I think of Kobe. He is definitely the best ambassador for the game of basketball. When it comes to dedication, Kobe is role model for any player of any sport. He has earned that respect.

Kid Coli

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the thing you have to understand about Jordan is not only was he incredibly skillful but his desire to WIN was greater than anyone who ever played.

Kobe is very talented but his desire to score and to be like Jordan far surpasses his lackluster desire to win games and championships.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Honestly, if Jordan hadn't retired, the bulls might have won 8 or 9 ships in a row. And that's the damn truth. So now ask who is better. :usure:

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the thing you have to understand about Jordan is not only was he incredibly skillful but his desire to WIN was greater than anyone who ever played.

Kobe is very talented but his desire to score and to be like Jordan far surpasses his lackluster desire to win games and championships.

cosign

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's the point of this thread? Just to tell us you think Kobe is the best? We get it breh.

When dude has a great game appreciate it an move on. You sound very ignorant in saying i never saw Jordan ( overwhelming regard as the best ever) but I think Kobe is better.

How can you argue anything a simple stat and accomplishment check should/will clear up any doubt.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
If I may

MJ in his prime was both a beautiful thing to watch and at the same time demoralizing. While you can often count on Kobe to to something stupid to lose the game. MJ was different in a sense where no matter how huge of a lead your team had you still feared that fukka would somehow tear you a new a$$hole in the 4th.

I was never a Bulls fan but growing up my favorite player was Scottie Pippen so i had somewhat of a rooting interest in the Bulls. WHen they would play the Heat,

• Rice, Seikaley and Steve Smith era - MJ toyed with us like he was a grown man playing with his kids like that fukka wasnt taking the game seriously because he knew he'd fukk us in the end.
  • Hardaway, Mourning and Mashburn era - No big lead was safe. Ever. Build a lead in the first half and that fukka would be on the bench chilling and then come in in the 3rd and next thing you know they were up by 10
  • When they got Rodman - Completely derailed us. Rodman would get into Mourning's head and it was over minutes into the game

The Difference:

Kobe = machine gun. He'll shoot his way into a win winning the game by himself but will often shoot himself in the foot at times taking dumb shots and losing you the game.

MJ was more under control like a sniper and would kill you with fewer shots. Unlike snipers you knew he was there and where the shots were coming from but still couldnt stop it.

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
lol @ OP saying jordan better and a better player may come along yet the Father less crew runs in here shytting on kobe and upping daddy

hold up you love to call jordan fans fatherless yet your own comrades sometimes yourself nut hug another man to no end yet that is completely respectable gtfoh :pacspit:

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I may

MJ in his prime was both a beautiful thing to watch and at the same time demoralizing. While you can often count on Kobe to to something stupid to lose the game. MJ was different in a sense where no matter how huge of a lead your team had you still feared that fukka would somehow tear you a new a$$hole in the 4th.

truth.
jalen rose said it felt worst to lose to the bulls in the 98 east finals than it did to lose to the lakers in the nba finals :manny:

BamdaDon

All Star
Daps
You got the ages wrong breh. Jordan retired the first time at 30. The second time at 35 but back to the lecture at hand...I don't think he wins 8 straight titles either and I am a Jordan stan. I don't deal with possibilities. Its like saying the Heat could be going for a 3 peat if they didn't lose to Dallas. You either did or you didn't...so much happens in a season plus teams eventually wear down 100+ games when you include playoffs.

I watched just about every game of the bull from '90 to '98 on WGN while I grew up in Houston...used to go back and forth on games even when they played the same nights as the Rockets. Yes, I was also a fan of Pippen so I didn't stop watching when MJ retired the first time. Some of these young nikkas don't know about Bozo the Clown to start trying to say Kobe is as good or better than Jordan.

The biggest thing that Jordan has over Kobe is his bball IQ and defense. Skill wise they are about even, but it is how efficient someone is at using that skill that sets them apart. It like two guys with the Porsche 911, but one is more efficient at reading the track/other drivers, efficient at breaking, and anticipating turns. That is Jordan compared when compared to Kobe. Kobe's talent is immense but his bball IQ is slightly above average, he makes up for it in sheer determination and talent. Kobe is a player driven more by emotion which impacts his decision making on the court and his leadership skills. But that emotion, especially his passion and love for the game is something that I think he has over MJ. It has helped build and improve his skill for 17 years.

He is a harder worker than MJ and I don't think anybody trains more than Kobe. His work ethic is legendary. When I think of someone that truly loves the game of basketball...I think of Kobe. He is definitely the best ambassador for the game of basketball. When it comes to dedication, Kobe is role model for any player of any sport. He has earned that respect.
this is on point. The only thing I would add about Jordan is this dude was clearly better than everybody every game. If you didn't have wgn growing up you missed out. I'll put it like this Jordan was like hybrid of lebron and Kobe. Not saying he was specifically better than them in certain categories but if you took Kobe's skillset and lbj bball iq and athletic ability that would be the perfect player, Jordan would be like 90% of that guy. Basically if you loves Kobes game you would've liked Jordan's more IMO because Kobe modeled his whole game after Jordan's.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
truth.
jalen rose said it felt worst to lose to the bulls in the 98 east finals than it did to lose to the lakers in the nba finals :manny:

Lets put it this way: I'm one of those people who bites my nails when bored or nervous. I would bite my shyt to damn near the flesh when we would have a 20 point lead over the Bulls because you knew that fukka was on the bench sipping his gatorate and carefully planning how he was gonna torch you.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I watched just about every game of the bull from '90 to '98 on WGN while I grew up in Houston...used to go back and forth on games even when they played the same nights as the Rockets. Yes, I was also a fan of Pippen so I didn't stop watching when MJ retired the first time. Some of these young nikkas don't know about Bozo the Clown to start trying to say Kobe is as good or better than Jordan.

The biggest thing that Jordan has over Kobe is his bball IQ and defense. Skill wise they are about even, but it is how efficient someone is at using that skill that sets them apart. It like two guys with the Porsche 911, but one is more efficient at reading the track/other drivers, efficient at breaking, and anticipating turns. That is Jordan compared when compared to Kobe. Kobe's talent is immense but his bball IQ is slightly above average, he makes up for it in sheer determination and talent. Kobe is a player driven more by emotion which impacts his decision making on the court and his leadership skills. But that emotion, especially his passion and love for the game is something that I think he has over MJ. It has helped build and improve his skill for 17 years.

So much truth in this:salute:

One thing I'll add is Jordan's desire to win at all cost and prove people wrong is a few notches higher than Kobe. Maybe it was because Jordan had obstacles he needed to overcome early on. Kobe on the other hand didn't have to overcome the same adversity Jordan had to.

Oztradamus

Hold G's, Guns, and Grams...
Daps
Reppin
Chi-City
Watching MJ in his prime was :blessed:

I always knew the Bulls would win the game, it was just a matter of how.
Living in Chicago we were spoiled. :youngsabo: