I never saw Michael Jordan play in his prime....

GetSomeMoney

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Kobe has been a great player, top 15 player, the big problem for Kobe when we compare him to players like Lebron or Michael is he played with the most dominant guy ever in Shaq, a guy who would routinely get triple teamed. I personally just don't think Kobe was as good as fans thought/think he was during that period, he really came into his game in 2006. It seems fans of Kobe forget just how good Shaq was, there has never been a force like him, never!! Kobe skill wise is right there with Jordan, but as a teammate, he just doesn't compare, that team Kobe fans always complain about in 2005 and 2006 was basically the same team Jordan was winning the early titles and the last one with, a little better because of Pippen (early Pippen, the great Pippen we think of didn't appear till the Phoenix series), that 1998 team Jordan won with included a second best player that had a bad back and was totally ineffective. Kobe is really a great scorer, hence the reason he has only won one MVP, but I would still put him in the top 15

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
Kobe has been a great player, top 15 player, the big problem for Kobe when we compare him to players like Lebron or Michael is he played with the most dominant guy ever in Shaq, a guy who would routinely get triple teamed. I personally just don't think Kobe was as good as fans thought/think he was during that period, he really came into his game in 2006. It seems fans of Kobe forget just how good Shaq was, there has never been a force like him, never!! Kobe skill wise is right there with Jordan, but as a teammate, he just doesn't compare, that team Kobe fans always complain about in 2005 and 2006 was basically the same team Jordan was winning the early titles and the last one with, a little better because of Pippen (early Pippen, the great Pippen we think of didn't appear till the Phoenix series), that 1998 team Jordan won with included a second best player that had a bad back and was totally ineffective. Kobe is really a great scorer, hence the reason he has only won one MVP, but I would still put him in the top 15

I'll never understand how nikkas downplay how important KObe was to that Laker squad from 00-03. He routinely shytted on the big teams in the west especially the Spurs..he had a game where he dropped 48,15,7..avg damn near 35 in 5 games against them and that was in 2000 if im not mistaken. Shaq was the man in the Finals of course (look at the East teams they beat) but Kobe was a top 5 player even back then.

Im really pressed to see list of 14 guys you would pick over Kobe, 5 rings,2 finals MVPs, career avg of over 28 as a starter..27/6/5 in the 17th year..I just can't :mindblown:

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
:snoop: at ESPN

if you looked at the home page or the NBA page you wouldn't even know what Kobe did last night

Not one mention.

Uo1j0PY.jpg

:why:

OGmittee

Smugest Poster Alive
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Kobe and MJ have both become waaaayyy overrated due to the media and single parent homes

:troll:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
1336281545_Coming-to-America-em13.jpg

They kicked Shaq and Kobe's azz

:russ::laff:

but who called those Lakers teams that great? I'm saying that "the best competition ever" Jordan faced is pure rubbish. That same Jazz core couldn't make it out of the 80s

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
I've seen both in their primes. Kobe doesn't compare to mj on any level.

Kobe is still the 2nd best guard of all time though but that shows you how great mj was.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Yeah Kobe is no MJ, but he is extremely talented.

MJ was just on another level though.

Those two three peats :wow: especially the last 3 :wow:

But Kobe is as close it comes though.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
:russ::laff:

but who called those Lakers teams that great? I'm saying that "the best competition ever" Jordan faced is pure rubbish. That same Jazz core couldn't make it out of the 80s

That homecourt advatage, with Jerry Sloan, Malone and Stockton... I dont know, they were pretty underrated. That 1 team is better than any of the teams Kobe and the Lakers beat in the Finals.

d o L o b

Pro
Daps
Kobe just did not dominate his peers like Jordan did. That's all there is to it.

How the fukk are you suppose to compare 1 MVP to 5 ?

Or 10 scoring titles to 2 ?

Or even 6 Finals MVP's to 2 ?

Come on man, this shyt is not fair.

We already seen what the best looks like, are we suppose to be impressed by the bootleg version ?

That's ass backwards. :snoop:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
While Kobe had the best player to play with, those 90's Bulls teams was and were always better than the 2000's Lakers. Ron Harper, Grant and Rodman>>>> S. Walker, Fox, and Fisher. The Lakers was giving mins to Slava. He wouldn't have seen the court with the Bulls. Those Lakers had the worst bench in the NBA. Remember that clown Devean George.

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
It's not fair to compare him to Jordan, who just won't come out victorious :manny:

Blame the blatant copying and dikk riding of MJ's game